Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#76 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 12:26 PM
Yeah love that outdoor seating area. Siesta-fest. Ain't never seen nothing like that before in the game.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:13 PM
Update!

Royal wedding a la Francaise?

I just realized that there are going to be tons of restaurants in this world! Hope your sims are food lovers!
Screenshots
dodgy builder
#78 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:50 PM
I've been there! and I sat on those cafe's Inventive work on the cathedral, it's a shame it has to be so bloody hard. Keep up the good work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 4:44 PM
@ Volvenom: Yes! Its definitely a handful and hopefully something good comes out of all this! Thank you so much for the comments!
Theorist
#80 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 5:21 PM
Nice pics!
Quote: Originally posted by Amichan619
I just realized that there are going to be tons of restaurants in this world! Hope your sims are food lovers!

Yes, this will be true for me certainly. And art gallerys.
With these type of buildings that you have, it's always a challenge because if you put a restaurant on the ground floor, the upstairs apartments must be fake, likewise if you build apartments on one lot, there can be no functional shop below as it's impossible to mix residential and community lots. So there will be some interesting workarounds. Master controller allows sims to live on community lots apparently but I haven't tried that.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 6:45 PM
@tizerist : Tons of art galleries as well as gardens!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 9:57 PM
Update: I have furnished some venues and I gave a tour of the world on my youtube channel! Over here guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqXXSjncx4I
Test Subject
#83 Old 6th May 2014 at 11:37 PM
Any updates? I love what you've done so far.
Test Subject
#84 Old 19th May 2014 at 7:19 PM
I am so looking forward to this. I've been resisting downloading the beta versions since I don't want to spoil (if that's even possible) the final result for me. Any idea when you'll have another version for folks to download?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 8:49 AM
Hello everyone!

@Koubo: I have been able to build and furnish some residential apartments! I will be posting updates soon!

@greene345: Maybe in a few weeks I will post another version for you guys to test out..!
Theorist
#86 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 6:55 PM
Yeah, I'm up for that!

#BlairWitchPetition
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 5:58 PM Last edited by Amichan619 : 8th Jun 2014 at 7:14 PM.
Hello everyone! The release date of The Sims 4 has been officially announced! (September 2nd!) But don't worry, this project will continue well after The Sims 4 is released. (Until the whole world is finished!)
First update, the palace now sits on an elevation! (one and a half sim-stories to be exact) So it has a commanding presence over the world!

As I was able to build and furnish a couple of apartment lots, I will be discussing them in this post as well. As you guys probably observe, most residential lots will be duplicated. This gives me more time to focus
on the community lots individually and it will also help me finish the world faster because I no longer need to build and customize each individual house (there will be hundreds of lots!).

First we have a Haussmann-style corner apartment, with penthouse unit. (2-Br/1-Ba)

Another Haussmann-style apartment, this one is much affordable. (2-Br/1Ba)

The courtyard in between the two apartments.

It looks like my Sim is enjoying his coffee! This street that starts from the Cathedral and ends at the river (I don't have a name for it yet) will have many venues such as the Java Hut, Nerd Shop, Bowling Alley
Restaurant, Bakery, Market, City Hall, and many other shops!

Interior of the Coffee Shop/Java Hut.

Interior of the bowling alley. This venue has two stories the ground floor has the Bowling area and a bar, upstairs is a sitting/lounge area.

Finally, more Cathedral interiors! The vaulted ceiling turns black every time I add lights! Any Ideas how to fix this glitch?

By the way, what do you guys think of adding trees in the farm patches? I think they look pretty from afar but less attractive as we go closer, plus tons of trees like this will make
the game slower wouldn't they? Should I keep them?

I need your guy's help especially with the names! (streets, venues, lots, families)? That's it for today! Cheers!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 7:25 AM
You shoudl add some stores in the appartments, even if they'd be useless and unusable, that'd give a realistic feel to your city!
(Yeah that's me! From YouTube!)

EDIT: If you want, I can help you with some families, and with some furnishings, or something else you need a help with.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 3:50 AM
@ Titi022002: Hi I remember you from youtube! I would love to build higher but there is a limit of 5 stories unfortunately I can't build any higher than that. Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely need it as we get more progress with the world.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 6:56 PM
Contact me if you need help! I didn't say storeys! I said stores, like the room you enter to look something you wanna buy. Even if it's not really a store, that'd be a lot more realistic!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 3:02 PM
Titi022002: Awesome! I love your Venice inspired lot. What kind of lots would you like to build/furnish for me? :D
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 4:36 PM
Haha thanks, I'm not very happy with this Venice lot actually... Well, I can help you with what you want! And I'd be a good help because I'm french so I can see french buildings!
Theorist
#93 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 8:51 PM
Yeah I think the trees on the fields looks good. I may do that in other hoods y'know.
Looking at the size of the hood, I wouldn't focus too much on interiors, because there is many buildings. Of course, having a French person such as titi022002 helping is a massive help, but yeah I would recommend that you don't burden yourself with much of the stuff like creating families and interiors.
And, I L.O.V.E this town, the way it looks, the navy/beige/white colour scheme is beautiful, and possibilities of what I could do with it are massive, I will create some really glamorous apartment lots when it ships.
I still don't like the black spiky fences on the balconies though. I would opt for a plain half-wall or something, but that's minor.
Keep going, this is gonna be big!

#BlairWitchPetition
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 11:59 AM
update: the initial trees have been placed, i'll have to add more trees on the chateau and next up is the Trianon and Queen's Hamlet!

@Titi022002: It would be awesome to have actual feedback from a french person.
@tizerist : I'm glad to hear from you again! Perhaps you can create some apartments for me even before it releases? And yes unfortunate situation on the fences but EA hasn't released any non-spiky ones so I had to resort to the available basegame ones..
Theorist
#95 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 2:30 PM
My PC is in repairs at the moment, but I'll see what I can do after that.

#BlairWitchPetition
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
My PC is in repairs at the moment, but I'll see what I can do after that.

Aw too bad.. well let me know if you would like to help! :D
Test Subject
#97 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 3:19 PM
Any updates? :'(
Field Researcher
#98 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 4:42 PM Last edited by gaxili : 21st Jul 2014 at 5:10 PM.
Aw this is amazing! Is there any beta version for this?

Edit: Found it! Time for some rococo ages!

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#99 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:50 PM
hooo yeeeees Beta version pleeeaaaase ( sorry for my english, i'm French, and I leave in Versailles !!! I like your map !!! )
Mad Poster
#100 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 12:02 AM
That looks lovely! Saw your Speed-builds (And mostly heard your accent ), and the amount of detail put into this is stunning! One of few great CAW projects that actually get somewhere...'Tis a bit of a bummer that you've used that much Store Content, though.
Locked thread | Locked by: heaven Reason: Inactive
Page 4 of 6