Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 4:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Can't find Pets 1.6 Rev A patch for Mac
For whatever reason, my Sims 2 game recently died, and I've had to re-install it. However, I cannot for the LIFE of me find a Mac compatable version of the required Pets 1.6 Rev A patch. Most of the links I've followed have been for the Windows version, and/or in an .exe file that I can't open. Macgamefiles says it has it, but the link is dead. I remember having a terrible time finding it the last time I had to install, maybe +5 years ago now. Does anyone know where I can find a version that works, or can someone send me a copy of it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thalia
For whatever reason, my Sims 2 game recently died, and I've had to re-install it. However, I cannot for the LIFE of me find a Mac compatable version of the required Pets 1.6 Rev A patch. Most of the links I've followed have been for the Windows version, and/or in an .exe file that I can't open. Macgamefiles says it has it, but the link is dead. I remember having a terrible time finding it the last time I had to install, maybe +5 years ago now. Does anyone know where I can find a version that works, or can someone send me a copy of it?

Of course after I posted this I found it buried on my hard drive, under the name Sims2ComboDec2007.dmg, which I've installed and it does work. I'd love to upload it here just so other Mac users don't end up tearing their hair out looking for it, but it's too big even after compressing it as a .zip. Is there somewhere it could be uploaded here?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2024 at 5:13 AM
Do you have the CDs or the Super Collection? I think the Super Colleciton is already patched, so you wouldn't need to patch that one. Can't find any for the CDs that seem to be Mac-spesific.

If you want to upload, I think Mega and Mediafire accepts larger files. Possibly Simfileshare. Depends on the size.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2024 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
hrm, this was in like the fourth link google gave me.

https://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=18775

Sounds like the same patch?

Nope, I tried that one and it didn't work. It would almost let me install it, but not quite.

I have all the CDs up to Bon Voyage, and the Pets patch is the only one it really needs.