Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2013 at 4:38 AM Last edited by IChoseThisName : 7th May 2013 at 1:39 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Mods that conflict with pescado's romancemod?
Out of the blue I began having a bizzare jump bug; the sims wouldn't even be doing anything, they'd just reset themselves over and over. It took me a little while to notice. So I started pulling files and came to the conclusion that Pescado's "romancemod" is causing the weirdness. But-t-t, it was working properly before, so I can only assume that I downloaded something else that conflicts with it. Without it in there just now, I have no problems, but I do want it.. so if anyone has a comprehensive list and/or knowledge of mods and things that screw this one up, please let me know so I can fix my stuff.

Okay, I lied, I found another problem, but I tested all the major culprits and none of my hacks are causing the problem. I've never seen this error before. Can anyone tell me what this means?

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th May 2013 at 6:11 PM
I can think of several things that you can do:

1) Download the Hack Conflict Detection Utility (HCDU) from Sims 2 / Programs:
http://www.simwardrobe.com/

When you run the HCDU, it will tell you whether it finds any conflicts.

2) Do the game program FAQ again, but always be sure to leave romancemod in your Downloads folder. This should help you to find anything which conflicts with romancemod.

3) Re-read all of the documentation for all of your mods. Hopefully, a creator has documented the conflict.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
When you run the HCDU, it will tell you whether it finds any conflicts.
I tried that first, and the HCDU detected no conflicts. But moving my sims out of their house seems to have 'reset' them and fixed that bizarre secondary error, but now that's where I'm stuck with my inability to place my lot now that I binned it. Haha, hope you can help me there, Moo.

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Site Helper
#4 Old 8th May 2013 at 11:51 PM
Just in case you're not monitoring the LotAdjuster thread, I've added instructions for adding a roadless lot to your neighborhood.