Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 8:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How can I hide this interaction from appearing on ungreeted sims and NPCs?
Hi! I hope I can get help from someone with SimPE knowledge.

I'm using a mod that enables the Appreciate.../Cheer Up interaction between sims so I can use it whenever I want as long as the relationship is high enough. The mod can be found here.

The creator added several checks so the interaction doesn't appear in pie menus when it shouldn't. For example: when the target sim is sleeping, swimming, not standing and if they're a baby or toddler.

However there's another problem. As far as I can see they also added a check so when you click on an ungreeted sim on residential lots you don't get the interaction. It only appears after greeting them which is great. But when I send my sim to a community lot the Appreciate.../Cheer Up interaction appears on other sims even before greeting them and it also appears on NPCs like cashiers, bartenders etc. which is undesirable.

Could it be possible to edit the mod in SimPE so the interaction isn't available straight up on pie menu on community lots and it only appears after greeting other sims if the relationship is high enough and is there a way to also make sure that it doesn't appear on NPC groups like cashiers etc.? I tried doing it myself but I couldn't understand it at all... I hope someone can help me out. Thank you!

Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 4:11 AM
Try to add to the TEST

29A "Social - Get Social Eligibility" (0, My Object ID, Stack Object ID, Param 0)

That contains checks for sleeping, swimming, and the Apartments greet. The first param is whether you want to show it on NPCs.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 5:16 AM
Are you sure that Appreciate interaction is the one from the mod? In the mod it's made so that it works just like any other interaction when it comes to greeted status. It already uses the function jonasn mentioned.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Are you sure that Appreciate interaction is the one from the mod? In the mod it's made so that it works just like any other interaction when it comes to greeted status. It already uses the function jonasn mentioned.

I'm pretty sure because the only option that appears under Appreciate is Cheer Up and without the cheerupenabled mod it doesn't show up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Try to add to the TEST

29A "Social - Get Social Eligibility" (0, My Object ID, Stack Object ID, Param 0)

That contains checks for sleeping, swimming, and the Apartments greet. The first param is whether you want to show it on NPCs.

I'm trying to do this but the lack of IQs of mine and the confusing nature of SimPE combined makes it really hard.

I'm able to add 29A "Social - Get Social Eligibility" but I don't understand how to edit the parameters after that like you said and I'm also confused where to place 29A since there are a lot of other functions and in what way to adjust the return true/false options.

I'm going to add a picture because idek if this is how you do it. Idk how to set the first one to only "0" and I don't have any option for "My Object ID" for the second one. I think Stack Object ID and Param 0 are okay? But I'm also not sure.

Inventor
#6 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 9:40 AM
In this type of script you have a series of conditions that must all return true for the action to become available. When one is true, you move on to the next, and on false with any of them, the script ends with false. You can add it at the end of the last line that returns true. Get Social Eligibility combines a few common checks into one.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 10:32 AM
Adding this function will not do anything, since it's already being called by the existing social eligibility functions, it looks like it's just for some reason disregarding the result if the interaction isn't autonomous. So all you need to do is just change the false target of line 2 to go to return false.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 10:44 AM
I was able to add 29A with the parameters jonasn suggested but either I'm doing something wrong with the function order and return true/false settings or like kestrellyn has said it isn't working. Edit: just saw kestrellyn edited their comment and explained further on what I could do, let me try it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Adding this function will not do anything, since it's already being called by the existing social eligibility functions, it looks like it's just for some reason disregarding the result if the interaction isn't autonomous. So all you need to do is just change the false target of line 2 to go to return false.

OMG! I changed the false target of line 2 (Social - Interaction - TEST) to return false and it's fixed now! YAY! Now the interaction doesn't appear on NPCs and ungreeted sims on community lots and it's available once I greet them if the relationship is high enough just like it should! Since the creator already added checks I think the only problem was that some checks were being disregarded because of the return false option.

Thanks to both you kestrellyn and jonasn! So glad we have modders like you in this community that make time to help others.