Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#2951 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It was using the more dangerous fires mod:
https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6757
Tree caught fire, bushes caught fire, cleanbot caught fire when trying to clean up the ashes, then cleanbot ran amuck trailing fire everywhere. Fire indoors and outdoors, two fire engines destroyed, NPCs died, entire family and half the neighbourhood who were visiting died, portal on fire so visiting townies died, kitties orphaned, so devastating I had to quit without save because no way can I have orphaned kittens.

I feel like the more dangerous fires mod is way too extreme even if there are supposed to be versions that adjust the intensity of the fire. It's quite maddening when a simple microwave fire happens to become Sim City's most dangerous wildfire, and my Sims' don't need any more tragedy.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2952 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 9:51 PM
I don't think anything like the scale of that could happen without a mod, although I have seen fire spread to squares that have no objects on them in the unmodded game.
Instructor
#2953 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 9:53 PM
I don't think anything like the scale of that could happen without a mod, although I have seen fire spread to squares that have no objects on them in the unmodded game.

Yup. The only time a fire escalates to more than a counter or two in my game is when it's a tree burning of lighting, then it puts itself out and the squares too.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2954 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 10:16 PM Last edited by simsample : 11th Feb 2024 at 9:04 AM.
This sequence shows fire spreading to unoccupied square in an unmodded game (just some cc objects in that game):
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2955 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 1:45 AM
Hi simsample!

Sorry, I'm getting a 404 error with that link.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2956 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Hi simsample!

Sorry, I'm getting a 404 error with that link.

D'oh, thank you @AndrewGloria I put them inline now.
Field Researcher
#2957 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 6:03 PM
I also use the more dangerous fire mod. I think normal maxis fire is way too tame, and I like the occasional tragedy in my game
Mad Poster
#2958 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 7:49 AM
It was using the more dangerous fires mod:
https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6757
Tree caught fire, bushes caught fire, cleanbot caught fire when trying to clean up the ashes, then cleanbot ran amuck trailing fire everywhere. Fire indoors and outdoors, two fire engines destroyed, NPCs died, entire family and half the neighbourhood who were visiting died, portal on fire so visiting townies died, kitties orphaned, so devastating I had to quit without save because no way can I have orphaned kittens.

OMG hahahahahaha you killing me yuk

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2959 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 7:52 AM Last edited by grammapat : 23rd Feb 2024 at 8:02 AM.

That sure looks like the moded weather thingy I have where "fire from sky everyone dies"
And some random: sentry bots actually DO something! And 2 are a robot with no brain..
Screenshots

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2960 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And some random: sentry bots actually DO something!

They do, and if they malfunction they may chase the householders around, zapping them!
Mad Poster
#2961 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 8:58 PM
They do, and if they malfunction they may chase the householders around, zapping them!

I remember some other bots leaving water or trash all over; been trying to make them do it, but don't know what triggers it.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2962 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 11:23 PM
I remember some other bots leaving water or trash all over; been trying to make them do it, but don't know what triggers it.

It's just when they break; I have such a lot of bots in my hood that I see it often! The munchiebot usually brings pizza but will bring stinky plates of food when it goes wrong, and dump them all over the house! Funniest is when the hydrobot breaks and leaves puddles everywhere, and the cleanbot chases it sucking them up (usually this makes it break too ). Or when you have two cleanbots, the working one chasing the broken one...
Instructor
#2963 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 9:16 AM
It's just when they break; I have such a lot of bots in my hood that I see it often! The munchiebot usually brings pizza but will bring stinky plates of food when it goes wrong, and dump them all over the house! Funniest is when the hydrobot breaks and leaves puddles everywhere, and the cleanbot chases it sucking them up (usually this makes it break too ). Or when you have two cleanbots, the working one chasing the broken one...

That honestly sounds so chaotic. Imagine being a Sim and seeing all this happen infront of you.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2964 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
That honestly sounds so chaotic. Imagine being a Sim and seeing all this happen infront of you.

Think of the puppies!

Screenshots
Instructor
#2965 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 6:41 PM
Think of the puppies!

It looks so miserable in the trash...

Mad Poster
#2966 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 3:20 AM
I had to look for the puppy. And are clean bots supposed to do more than mop? One I tried did that, but not clean dishes, toilets, etc. Oh, and think they filled in holes

Instructor
#2967 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 8:57 AM
I had to look for the puppy. And are clean bots supposed to do more than mop? One I tried did that, but not clean dishes, toilets, etc. Oh, and think they filled in holes

From SimWiki:
Quote:
CleanBot - Basically a robot that cleans up the lot it is activated in. The major shortcoming of this robot is that it can only clean up items that are on the floor or ground. In other words, it can't clean counters or showers or sinks, nor can it dispose of anything that's on a surface. However, it can empty trash cans by opening them and vacuuming out their contents, though it cannot empty trash compactors. It will not empty a toddler's potty or clean a cat's litter pan, but will vacuum up dishes or baby bottles placed on the floor, but will ignore discarded cups from the fruit punch machine. It will also vacuum up puddles, even those under other objects, and can do so safely so long as it does not come in contact with the water. A CleanBot will vacuum up old newspapers, but will apparently ignore worn-out hobby magazines. A CleanBot can clean up after a dog, or behind a broken HydroBot. If the outside garbage can is kicked or tipped over, it will clean up the spilled garbage. When broken, it will go around spewing out packages of trash and is also an easy way for sims to die by flies if it is broken. (Of course, it can be used to clean them up after it's fixed.)

So they can cleanup items that are on the floor, empty trash cans, cleanup old newspapers, clean after a dog or after a crazy hydrobot and also cleanup spilled trash from the "Kick Can" interaction.

Mad Poster
#2968 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
It looks so miserable in the trash...

Help me. I can't get out!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2969 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 10:59 AM

Put the plates on the floor and they'll clean them up when stinky or used.
Instructor
#2970 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Help me. I can't get out!

Someone call social services!

Mad Poster
#2971 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 9:33 PM
So how do I break a bot so I can enjoy the chaos?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2972 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 7:07 PM
Just leave them on for a while, they'll soon break!
Mad Poster
#2973 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 3:01 AM
Just leave them on for a while, they'll soon break!

Clean bot &gardening? stayed on for days; maybe they didn't have enough to do.

Mad Poster
#2974 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 7:41 AM
I think they fritz if gotten wet.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2975 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 11:09 AM
Clean bot &gardening? stayed on for days; maybe they didn't have enough to do.

Maybe your sims make them better than mine do; mine break all of the time! But I do have a lot of them (mostly every household in Lacuna D) amd some of them are a few generations old. I wonder if they wear out?
Page 119 of 121