Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2023 at 5:15 PM
Default TSM & Expansion and Windows 10+
I bought TSM + Expansion on DVD used. I was able to install both games and apply the Patches, but nothing happens when I start TSM.
I suspect that the copy protection prevents it from running on Windows 10. Is there any way to play TSM on Windows 10?
I know that TSM is also available via the EA App, but this is not an option for me due to the online obligation and the DRM.
Or is it possible to install TSM via the EA App, uninstall the EA App and play TSM offline?

Thanks a lot!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Jul 2023 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kitty Kat
I bought TSM + Expansion on DVD used. I was able to install both games and apply the Patches, but nothing happens when I start TSM.
I suspect that the copy protection prevents it from running on Windows 10. Is there any way to play TSM on Windows 10?
I know that TSM is also available via the EA App, but this is not an option for me due to the online obligation and the DRM.
Or is it possible to install TSM via the EA App, uninstall the EA App and play TSM offline?

Thanks a lot!

I was looking for a way to start my sims 3 the other day, which has the exact same issue that nothing happens when starting the game on Windows 10.
Turns out that my 12th-gen CPU is the cause, older sims games doesn't get along with it.
I was able to resolve the issue by using the AlderLakePatch from LazyDuchess, you can find the instruction and link in the accepted answers here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...1057820#M248615

I have the same issue with my TSM+P&N ep, and decide to use the patch on TSM.exe and it does the trick for me.