Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2023 at 2:21 AM
Default Retired Sims
Hello, has anyone found that retired sims in the game (say the Cavells in Sunset Valley) will annoyingly be assigned new careers to fulfill a co-worker or boss position for someone else? I know with unemployed sims you can make them self-employed or use the nraas custom unemployed career, but if they get a new job, they lose their pension and I swear I could not retire them again if I gave them their original job title. This is a bit complex, and I also have story progression turned off. Is there a way to protect retired sims from automatically being given new jobs/keep them permanently retired? Thanks.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2023 at 10:29 PM
If you are talking about Sims you play you can just have them quit the jobs. If not played, does it really matter?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2023 at 3:20 PM
Hello all, I have discovered you simply install Nraas Story Progression, that makes retired Sims protected from new careers and still gives them a pension.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 3:00 PM Last edited by NanaBx3 : 30th Dec 2023 at 6:44 PM.
Hello!
Shortly after my YA sim reached level 10 in the culinary career, I had her retire so she could pursue other interests.

Using NRaas Master Controller, I followed this path when selecting my sim (or her map tag):
NRaas > Master Controller > Intermediate > Career > Retire

Her pension is received every day at 12:00 noon.

To retain a sim's pension and start a new career:
NRaas > Master Controller > Intermediate > Career > Choose Job (choose whatever you'd like).

My sim later started working in the science career using this path, she is currently collecting her science salary plus her culinary pension.

You will need the Master Controller base mod, plus I believe the Cheats module (I have Base + Cheats + Integration).

Edit after thoroughly reading the OP's latest post:
This is another method regarding a sim's retirement.