Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 1:35 AM
Default Renaming .package file in-game names and descriptions
So I've been trying to customize items that I download to make prices more fair and such, but I've gotten stuck in changing item names and descriptions as i kinda want to change the item names and descriptions to danish language. I've tried (going into the first STBL -> ... -> and changed asKVP) but it didnt work

What to do?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 11:02 AM
Do you mean as in changing all STBL files to danish? Or just the danish STBL? With the Danish STBL, basically what you want to do is in S3PE (And I think you might have heard about the S3PE addon wrappers which are very helpful and nice to have!: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/859/index.htm

To install it I would unpack it with 7zip NOT winrar. WinRAR will corrupt the files that comes with it. and make sure that everything that's in the help folder goes into your original S3PE help folder, same for any other folder in the zip file. Anything that's not in any folder in the zip file goes directly into the S3PE folder map (Like where the s3pe.EXE file is located )

Anyways! Now we've installed the STBL editor that can be really helpful once you're editing. So you first want to right+click on it, click STBL editor and then a new window will pop up! So, 2 codes should show up. One being the title, the other the description. In the other window (The one at the right) You can make the edits. After you're done, you click save and "yes" On the next popup about resources. And that's it

If you want to do this for all languages however, you do have to redo the progress on all STBL files which... is going to take a while... So! Cmar has a great tool for that:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=489424
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 1:07 PM
I tried editing the strings in S3PE, but I really had no idea what string was Danish, English and so on...

Really like Cmars tool for that. Thanks for helping! :-)