Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 9:07 PM
Default deleting ALL custom content w/o screwing up game
how do i do this?? im new to the program
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 9:20 PM
yes, i am talking about the clean installer. if someone could give me a fast way to uninstall all of my custom content in the next 6 years it would be great. sry im just very frusterated
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 9:31 PM
Delete your Downloads and SavedSims folders. There. Done. Won't screw anything up too badly unless you've got sims in custom careers, possibly majors, but if you've just been getting objects and sim content and stuff, delete it and everything that was custom will revert to Maxis defaults. May make things look a little weird but your sims will survive, if a bit uglier, with weird furnishings.

Please don't double-post. Edit your first post if you have something to add or change.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Delete your Downloads and SavedSims folders. There. Done. Won't screw anything up too badly unless you've got sims in custom careers, possibly majors, but if you've just been getting objects and sim content and stuff, delete it and everything that was custom will revert to Maxis defaults. May make things look a little weird but your sims will survive, if a bit uglier, with weird furnishings.

Please don't double-post. Edit your first post if you have something to add or change.

What if you DO have some kind of hack. In particular, I have a no jealousy hack (by household). I tried to remove it once before and when I started up the game, it crashed. I put the hack back and the game didn't crash.

Thanks for the advice.