Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#451 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 11:16 PM
Yesterday revival started at our church and I was reminded of that one preacher we had one time who went up and said "Miley Cyrus is a w***e! Lady Gaga is a w***e!"

Now mind you this was said to a Southern Baptist congregation full of the elderly and small children. And most Christians would frown upon using that word, even in that context, even outside of church.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Advertisement
#452 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
Yesterday revival started at our church and I was reminded of that one preacher we had one time who went up and said "Miley Cyrus is a w***e! Lady Gaga is a w***e!"

Now mind you this was said to a Southern Baptist congregation full of the elderly and small children. And most Christians would frown upon using that word, even in that context, even outside of church.

Once I was at church and they used that word to describe someone in the bible. Surprisingly no one really got offended, but then again it was a stupid mega church. I hate those. I hate Catholic churches too, but since I'm Catholic I'm used to them.
Lab Assistant
#453 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 11:28 PM
My spam mail post made me go back to ye olde Spamusement! site and relive the classics. I wish Steven Frank would've kept it up because those comics were gold. The forum is still alive, but I personally think SF's comics were the best.

"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin
Forum Resident
#454 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 2:07 AM
I think that word's actually in the KJV since it wasn't a "cuss word" back then. Can't remember for sure. Still not common to hear it from evangelists' mouths for obvious reasons. He actually preached a good sermon that night of revival and I think we have the same one for this year's revival. Should be interesting...

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Scholar
#455 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 8:47 AM Last edited by Gingerxyz : 1st Dec 2015 at 8:59 AM.
So over the last few days there's been a series of events online that have had me cracking up multiple times a day, as each new development shows itself. Part of this story might be familiar to some of you, but you probably haven't been laughing for the same reason I have.

Anyone seen that viral text conversation about that couple who agreed to buy the kids a pet fish, but instead ended up with a puppy named Fish? Well there's a big part of the story that most people are missing. Like, a BIG part.

So when I woke up today to discover that it had managed to land itself on the website of a very well known UK tabloid, I just about died of laughter

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
#456 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 5:24 AM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 2nd Dec 2015 at 5:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
I think that word's actually in the KJV since it wasn't a "cuss word" back then. Can't remember for sure. Still not common to hear it from evangelists' mouths for obvious reasons. He actually preached a good sermon that night of revival and I think we have the same one for this year's revival. Should be interesting...

I think I'd be more concerned about how misogyny is condoned in any faith (that also rather bizarrely tries to preach love) than any word used to condemn.

Any religion that teaches it's members to victimize or marginalize ANY woman has inherent problems in it's doctrine, and is not a faith I could align myself with.

The misogyny in christianity is one of the key reasons I'm not a christian.

I'm not having a go at you, AmandieLove, I just think it's wrong for preachers/priests to preach hatred of women.
Scholar
#457 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
I like that in a woman.
Thanks, I'm a classy bird, me

I love these cake things:
Theorist
#458 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 12:05 PM
Theorist
#459 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 3:49 AM
Scholar
#460 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 5:50 AM
Texas is trying to succeed again. These idiots don't realize that if they succeed, they're no longer Americans, they're traitors. I find that hilarious.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Scholar
#461 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 6:05 AM
If Texas were to secede, our nation could only benefit.
Scholar
#462 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 6:55 AM
True. And Trump can go with them. He can be the president of Texas. He can build a wall around the entire "country" of Texas. Nobody will want in anyways.

Scholar
#463 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 5:41 PM
I wonder if we could transport Idaho, Utah, and the central and northern valleys of California to Texas' interior. Seems like there'd be plenty of room. And racist wingnuts get along great with other racist rednecks.

They win. We win. It's all good!
Top Secret Researcher
#464 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 8:47 PM Last edited by r_deNoube : 9th Dec 2015 at 9:22 PM. Reason: Remove remarks taken as hating upon Texans.
#465 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:07 PM
Maybe all the hate and crap against Texans can go in the Debate forum where, by the rules, it belongs? You know, rather than trolling Off Topic?

Never met a hater who didn't feel justified in hating someone else.
Scholar
#466 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:45 PM
What this place needs is an Ironic button.
Mad Poster
#467 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 12:13 AM
I used to wish that Texas would just go away, but I realized that there are plenty of non-crazy people in Texas, just as there are plenty of racist assholes here in Connecticut.
Would be nice if New England could secede though...
#468 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 12:22 AM
Politics is fine in it's place, but no one is discussing politics, the issues, the pros and cons, they're trolling to make people who think differently than them feel uncomfortable and unwelcome here. I think saying this or that group of people should be gone is a bit over the top.

At best, it would go in the vent thread.

From the rules:
What is the Off Topic forum NOT for?

Anything sim related - please use Help/Sims Discussion. Also not for debates (use the Debate Room), talk about other games (use Greater Gaming World), general media stuff (use Media Center), etc.

Okay, some folks choose not to follow the rules, and are going out of their way to make a group of people uncomfortable and unwelcome. Fine. I'm not from Texas and I have no dog in this festival of contempt.
Mad Poster
#469 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 12:36 AM
Donald Trump. The best joke America has ever told.

He wants to ban ones Muslim brethren from entering the country? So what does this mean ones own family will never be together again? Oh Trump, why won't you just go away and take your cult of hate with you.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#470 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 12:47 AM
Ruffled feathers DO hurt! This central California woman, with ties to Texas is offended. Also

And this is supposed to be the "Laugh" thread? We are not laughing.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Inventor
#471 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 9:29 AM
My little Piggy (cat) is going a little stir crazy, but she's so funny to watch

She's always done this thing when she's annoyed, she "puffs", and she was playing with an old lace and then she started puffing at it. And she's been doing that weird "sideways run" that kittens do. And she's not used to wood floors, so a couple of times she's ran and slid face first into something.

She's so cute. I missed her so much. I'm so glad she's with us again.
Mad Poster
#472 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 9:23 PM
@Pizza and @tsyokawe - Loving your posts, edits, and updates and they're such Easter eggs, too! Well done!
And @IAmDeath, enjoying your signature, too

Scholar
#473 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 9:27 PM
@VerDeTerre I feel like we should get some kind of achievement if we find them all. <3

Mad Poster
#474 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 9:29 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 13th Dec 2015 at 10:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by IAmDeath
@VerDeTerre I feel like we should get some kind of achievement if we find them all. <3
I agree!

Edited to take out comment that was a bit much, in which I fantasized about harm coming to one who has harmed others. Sorry.
Scholar
#475 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 9:31 PM
I'd say feed him to some hogs starved hogs, but really I'm afraid he'd make the hogs sick.

Locked thread | Locked by: Don Babilon Reason: No mudtracking, no flaming!
Page 19 of 21