Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:31 AM
Default Questions about late night!!!
Since noone will answer me in that other thread (even though i posted this twice)

1. Can teens become vampires?

2. How long can teens/young adults stay out at night?

3. Does the "city" actually look like a city, or just a town with tall buildings (if thats the case im making my own hood)

4. Are the clubs full of people every night? or just a few?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:34 AM
Most of these questions could probably be answered by reading the whole thread.

My opinions may be uninformed BS, but at least I've thought about my uninformed BS.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:38 AM
I did read the whole thread. Its mostly about people freaking out over the game.

Other people also posted questions and they were ignored.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:43 AM
1.) No

2.) Teens still have a curfew.

3.) There are loads of pics, make your own mind up.

4.) Some people have reported having no sims at clubs, others have reported up to 12.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I remember reading.

I got all that from the thread on here and the last one from one thread at the official forums. See, wasn't hard!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:46 AM
Really??

Why the hell wouldnt teens be able to become vampires? Especially with all the twilight fans going nuts over vampires.

and the reason i asked about the city looking like a city, is because most of the pictures weren't from the suburban part.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 3:33 AM
There are several previews that show the whole place, including the waterfront district, hills and suburbs

Teens can be vampires by birth, they just can't be turned. The devs made it clear that these are not based on Twilight vampires

As for the clubs, different clubs are "hot spots" on different nights. Not sure how you find out... newspaper maybe? But the idea is that some SHOULD be empty, while others are trendy, and it changes all the time.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:26 AM
So the clubs arent full of people but just few ? well that's sure lame... what ever happened to that thing in sims 1 when you made houseparty and the whole house got crowded - now that's a real party. Why can't they make in sims 3 at the leasts clubs have a big crowd...
Theorist
#8 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 5:39 AM
Teens can't be turned to vampires because parents would go apeshat over the thought of underaged sims that don't look real being turned to the dark side by a neck bite that seems sexual.

I think the idea of this thread is useful, if you intend it for us to ask questions that would be skipped over in the other thread.

My question was, are hot tubs ground floor only? Can they be placed in basements?
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
My question was, are hot tubs ground floor only? Can they be placed in basements?

Just tested that for you -- not ground floor only, yes they can be placed in basements... but if you place one on an upper floor, there's a support structure underneath the hot tub, including pumps, which extends into the floor below (just one floor down, though). So you can't place anything directly beneath a hot tub.

Realistic, btw... hot tubs are very heavy when full, and do require pumps/heaters.
Theorist
#10 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:37 AM
Thank you for your kind test. That answers all my questions, actually. I actually wondered if they would have made the hot tub sink into a floor into another dimension, and the floor below it would be empty.

You know, these pumps and heaters you speak of can be useful for a makeshift engine room, if they look right.
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:02 AM
Yeah, they'd do fine here ya go

Theorist
#12 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:03 AM
I can't find the pigeons and the food truck anywhere in buy and build mode. I even looked in all sections of buydebug and I still didn't see them. Anyone know where they are?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:07 AM
Blah

All the Astro signs are blank, the new traits are blank, and the sliders for breasts and muscle are blank and do nothing.
I dont have any CC.

Grrr
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:08 AM
I would guess that the pigeons are an "effect", maybe one of the ones supported by the Ambitions fog emitter?

Quote: Originally posted by JoslynLehane
Blah

All the Astro signs are blank, the new traits are blank, and the sliders for breasts and muscle are blank and do nothing.
I dont have any CC.

Grrr

Sounds like a bug report, not a question Check out the Help section for bugs and technical stuff.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:13 AM
Yeah
I would if it was a forum and/or actually helpful...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:25 AM
How do the platform/stages work? Can you layer more than one of them or change the height, or are you stuck with the one click height stage?
Theorist
#17 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 27th Oct 2010 at 11:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I would guess that the pigeons are an "effect", maybe one of the ones supported by the Ambitions fog emitter?

Just went into the game and tried "ep3pigeon," "ep3pigeons," "ep3pigeonflock," "pigeon," and "pigeons." None of those worked...how were all the effects found for that list made when Ambitions came out?

Although I placed the sports bar from Bridgeport which has a food truck parking spot I still don't see the truck itself driving anywhere. Maybe it just takes a long time to appear like with the gem and insect spawners? I still can't find the food truck in buy/build mode after looking again, BTW.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:49 AM
JoslynLehane - It is a forum. Linked on the front of the Help section FAQ indexes, and on every FAQ page. And if there's not a thread/FAQ about what your problem is, you can make a new thread.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwennero
How do the platform/stages work? Can you layer more than one of them or change the height, or are you stuck with the one click height stage?

Stuck with it... no layering
Mad Poster
#20 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 9:40 AM
Has anyone seen the Vampire Fruit yet, what does it do?
I'm also wondering about default skin replacements, ones made previously. Can they be used now, or not?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
The other one
#21 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I'm also wondering about default skin replacements, ones made previously. Can they be used now, or not?

I haven't looked for it yet but I reset the LN tutorial since I don't have the book and one of the things that popped up was something to the effect of; to quench your thirst you have to drink from a sim, drink the plasma juice in the fridge or grow the plasma fruit. It wasn't worded like that but that was the gist of it.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:55 AM
Hey, do vampires have a reflection in the mirror at all?
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 10:59 AM
The fruit is sent to you in the mail after you get bitten... then you can plant it and grow your own (like any other fruit)... vampires can eat it to quench their thirst. Default skin replacements don't seem to be causing any problems at all for me. And yeah, vampires still have reflections.

<3
Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:13 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 27th Oct 2010 at 3:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101

When my sim was at The Grind, the vampire who was there pulled a bright red fruit out of his inventory and ate it. (Which made me feel a lot safer.)
Forum Resident
#25 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 2:57 PM
Maybe pigeons and food trucks are spawners? If so they might not have a picture in buydebug that looks like birds or trucks. All the spawners are square blocks and I kind of suspect the truck might be a parking place of some kind since it moves around town. You might try digging around in buydebug. I bet the truck is there. But you know, now that I think about it, the seagulls can only be placed with CAW so maybe the pigeons will be the same way.

Anothing thing you can try is go to "edit town" and edit a commercial lot that has pigeons and food trucks, then try to clone them. Once you click on an item with the clone eyedropper tool the item opens up in the catalog. Make sure you have buydebug enabled or it won't show the spawners.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Page 1 of 8