Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2013 at 1:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Recorded videos don't want to play
My recorded videos don't want to play. I record by pressing "V". I stop recording, go to Recorded Videos folder and I can't play it or edit it in any program. 2 months ago it was all alright. When I want to open it in video editor it says "An error occured while opening a codec". What happened?

Video without error shows up in a folder as a thumb, video with error doesn't.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th May 2013 at 1:44 PM
Have you tried VLC? Usually, if nothing else can play a file, VLC can. If VLC can't play it, it's probably not a video .

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2013 at 10:30 PM
The good thing is I can play it in VLC. The bad thing is I can't play it in Windows Media Player and video editors.. Maybe I did something wrong in game folders? I've changed VideoCamera.ini for slower camera movement and Sims3.ini to get 16:9 aspect ratio videos. I doubt that's it, because it was all okay with these settings and now it's not.
Oh, and I know I can record by Fraps or any other programs like that, but videos made with them are a little bit laggy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:31 PM Last edited by Ineez : 8th May 2013 at 7:38 PM.
It's not possible to fix this? Please, help me. When I'm recording with Fraps fps is really low and it doesn't look good. I can't wait too long, because I'm already late with my series.

EDIT: Reverting to factory settings in Sims3.ini and VideoCamera.ini didn't help.. + videos with this problem are smaller size than these without - for example 2 sec. old video without problems has 237 MB and 28 sec. new video with the problem is only 4,05 MB! Something weird's happening..
EDIT2: I managed to fix this. The topic can be closed.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jan 2024 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ineez
It's not possible to fix this? Please, help me. When I'm recording with Fraps fps is really low and it doesn't look good. I can't wait too long, because I'm already late with my series.

EDIT: Reverting to factory settings in Sims3.ini and VideoCamera.ini didn't help.. + videos with this problem are smaller size than these without - for example 2 sec. old video without problems has 237 MB and 28 sec. new video with the problem is only 4,05 MB! Something weird's happening..
EDIT2: I managed to fix this. The topic can be closed.

Hey there, I'm new here! Got the same problem, does anyone knows how to solve it? This user managed to do so but doesn't explain how...
Lately have been recording lots of CAS videos by pressing "v" as I always did and it worked just fine, the recording settings used are HighQuality = video:rgb24 followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp2nPcXzmeI) but since last week it simply won't work anymore, the game lags when I try to click "v" and stop recording and the video can't be played (error message keeps showing). I tried returning the recording settings to default but the error is still there. Just noticed every video in the folder that won't open and shows this error message is always 4gb, I have 10,6gb out of 111gb available on my local disk btw.
Now that I'm trying to be active on my YT channel again and prepare new videos this happened, I'm really desperate...