Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 11:45 PM
Default Can someone please help me?
I'm having a bad issue with my game. I have all the packs, and things worked fine until I installed For Rent. After that, I get a blank World Select screen. When I repair my game, the problem is fixed but as soon as I turn my mods and cc back on and exit the game it begins again.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 2:48 AM
Do the 50/50 method and check your mods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Do the 50/50 method and check your mods.

I've taken out all my mods and deleted all of the cache files and it still doesn't work.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 9:08 AM
Just to check, if you install the game and play without mods, do you get the same error? Check that your antivirus program isn't quarantining any of the program files.
Smeg Head
#5 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 11:14 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 16th Dec 2023 at 11:28 AM.
The bug you're experiencing (Broken on World Select) is usually the result of broken CC venues. Given that Maxis have reworked venues and regions due to For Rent being a venue/region coding adjustment.

For a fix, you may have to regenerate a new The Sims 4 folder. Take out Saves folder, Tray folder if you have anything in it worth keeping, Options ini if you have tweaked a lot of options and want to keep the settings, Mods folder (Though it does sound like you have broken venue related mods in there.)

Delete Sims 4 folder. Start game and it will regenerate new Sims 4 folder. Quit game. Put all other removed folders - the contents - back in, except for Mods folder. Play, make sure game is working correctly again. Double check your mods before putting any back in, especially anything related with Maxis venues, CC venues and world regions where venue types are allowed/disallowed to be placed.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Dec 2023 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Just to check, if you install the game and play without mods, do you get the same error? Check that your antivirus program isn't quarantining any of the program files.

Yes I do