Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 11:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Game suddenly starts crashing more for no reason
I know i have a lot of mods, i use nraas and the smoothness patch and i could go, like, 8 hours without crashing nonetheless. Now i crash when i make a genetic baby in cas, i speed up the game right after the lot loads, it rarely used to happen.

I didn't install any other mods, recently i just updated my graphics card and i changed my TS3Patch.txt a bit from
tps = 100 to 1000
fps limit = 0 to fpslimit= 31
i also have high precision enabled

also now my sims portraits sometimes disappear and it's just a green square?

I don't get it. I know i saw people from Nraas saying that smoothness patch is incompatible with most nraas mods but it was rarely crashing until now.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 10:31 PM
It's the former Smoothness Patch MC compat package file that was incompatible because it was, for most players, totally broken. The Smoothness Patch developer has since recalled that file and it is no longer available for download. If the MC package in particular is still in play, it should be removed and the 2.1 version of the Smoothness Patch itself replaced with the updated version. (this all happened on Jan 31, 2024)

The Smoothness Patch itself is not incompatible with NRaas mods, but it and its settings do add more variables to the mix that make troubleshooting difficult. Different patch related settings will work well for some players, but be harmful to the game for others. That said, 8 hours is a really long time to expect a game session to run without being saved, closed out completely, and reloaded. TS3 always leaked memory like a sieve and being a 32-bit application, it can't address more RAM than ~3.7 GB without crashing, Error12s on attempted saves, or otherwise losing its mind.