Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 1:50 AM
Default Sims 4 Divergent Challenge!
Hi! I was re-reading the Divergent series that I haven’t picked up since I was 13 and I was thinking, “How cool would it be to have sims that act like this?” So I created this little challenge based on the Divergent factions! I double checked to make sure this is an original idea, and took CAS inspo from this post: https://modthesims.info/t/507932
If there is anyone else that has already had a similar idea, please let me know so I can give them credit! As far as I know this is an original idea. Rules are as followed:

needed mods: mc command center (for larger household sizes if you want them all on one lot)

1. create 5 different couples, no relationship set, see below for rules for each faction

Abnegation:
- must wear gray and have no unnatural/dyed hair colors
- female sims must have a simple ponytail or bun hairstyle except for sleepwear. no jewelry, makeup or tattoos.
- male sims must have short hair and no facial hair.
- Abnegation “house” cannot have a piece of furniture over $150 simoleons, no electronics and no mirrors.
- no PDA, woohoo is only allowed between married sims
- use cheats to start both sims at Fishing level 3 and Gardening level 3
- acceptable traits: unflirty, loves outdoors, recycle disciple, freegan, neat, family oriented, generous, good, loner, loyal, proper
- acceptable careers: business, politician, gardener conservationist
- acceptable part time jobs: any base game jobs, lifeguard (IL), scouting career scout (Seasons), fisherman (IL)

Amity
- sims must dress primarily in yellows and reds, or other brighter colors
- bright makeup, jewelry, facial hair & unnatural hair are fine, no tattoos
- Amity sims cannot have any enemies
- Amity “house” must have at least one artistic/creative hobby object
- start sims out on level 3 of these skills: cooking, painting, and guitar
- acceptable careers: culinary, entertainer, freelancer, painter, writer, civil designer
- acceptable part time jobs: any base game
- acceptable traits: cheerful, creative, art lover, dance machine, foodie, loves outdoors, maker, music lover, child of the village, green fiend, rancher, vegetarian, animal enthusiast (as well as cat, dog, and horse lover), loyal, outgoing

Candor:
- sims wear only black and white
- sims must always tell the truth to others and cannot perform any actions that require a lie
- no accessories, unnatural hair, tattoos, or makeup (Candor values the truth; don’t want to seem like someone you’re not/catfish)
- start at level 3 on these skills: logic, research and debate (if you have Discover Uni), writing
- acceptable traits: ambitious, hotheaded (from debating people, duh!), bookworm, overachiever, perfectionist, nosy, snob, socially awkward (because they can be too honest)
- acceptable careers: business, writer, detective, politician, critic, law
- acceptable part time jobs: all base game, career scout (Seasons)

Erudite:
- sims must wear a pair of glasses (just to look smart) and at least one blue piece of clothing with neutral colors)
- accessories and makeup are allowed, but keep it classy
- Erudite “house” must have a bookcase, telescope or computer
- no pets (it is deemed as an illogical addition to the house)
- Start at skill level 3: logic, robotics (if you have discover university), handiness
- acceptable traits: genius, self assured, bookworm, geek, overachiever
- acceptable careers: astronaut, tech guru, doctor, scientist, politician, education, engineer
- acceptable part time jobs: any base game jobs, e sports competitor (DU)

Dauntless:
- sims must wear all black clothing
- jewelry, tattoos, unnatural hair color, and makeup are allowed and encouraged
- Dauntless “house” must have at least one exercise object
- Start on level 3 of these skills: Handiness, Fitness, Rock Climbing (if you have Snow Escape)
- Acceptable traits: Goofball, Hot Headed, Self-Assured, Active, Adventurous, Bro, Party Animal
- Acceptable careers: Athlete, Secret Agent, Military
- Acceptable part time jobs: all base game, diver (from IL), and Soccer Team Player (from DU)

2. Build a house for each male and female in the factions. (if you want to do this on the same lot, make the houses small). Each house can be as elaborate as you want within the rules for their faction, but have to have at least one bedroom, one bathroom, a kitchen, and the object(s) required for their faction house. Side note- Candor has none because not much is known about their faction.

3. For better gameplay, allow a day or two of in-game time to have the sims settle in with each other and form relationships (within their faction and out of it)

4. When you wish to continue: assign a number 1-5 for each faction. (Example: Abnegation = 1, Amity = 2, and so on. Whatever order you want it to be.) Start with a male sim from one faction and roll a die, whatever number it lands on that corresponds to the factions is the female sim they will be forced to cohabitate with. This can be from their own faction if they roll their own number, and if that is the case, nobody needs to move. But it is likely you will roll a different faction- this is on purpose to make things interesting! Continue this until all factions have rolled (obviously rolling again when you get a number that has already been rolled).

5. If members from different factions have been paired, you can choose who to move and how you want to deal with the housing. You can keep one of the factions’ pre-set housing, or you can rearrange to combine the house styles into one and see what happens.

6. Play the game! Experiment with their acceptable careers and skills, and try to get the male and female sims into a romantic relationship. Not every sim will be compatible, but that makes it more fun! If your sims don’t want to enter a romantic relationship, that’s fine too, but they will still have to live together until one or both dies. You can also have the sims become parents together. If your couple are from differing factions, their child will be Divergent and can have a combination of the parent’s faction traits. (The point is to see if their parenting styles clash or go together)

There is no “winning” this challenge. Just set up the pairs and see how things unfold. The only way to fail is if someone does not adhere to their factions rules (so if you want it to be easier for them to succeed you may want to turn your sim’s autonomy off). If someone breaks the rules of their faction, they are factionless and evicted from the house.

Q: How is my sim supposed to follow the rules of their faction if they’re living with a sim from a different faction?

A: Exceptions to this rule exist. For example, if an Abnegation moves in with a member of another faction, they might not be able to avoid mirrors. They are permitted to have mirrors in their house in this case, but the Abnegation sim cannot use them.

Erudite can have a pet only if they are living with someone from a different faction, but they cannot interact with the pet.