Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#201 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
The "for dummies" instructions:

Click here: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...g_Package_Files

Please note: There is a Resource.cfg in the Game\Bin folder. DO NOT modify, touch, overwrite, delete or otherwise mess with it in ANY way - you will break your game!

You need to create a new resource.cfg file in the Sims 3 root folder!

In offered by you for loading a file resource.cfg these strings contain here:

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/.package

In it there is no error?

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:55 AM
Quote:
Please note: There is a Resource.cfg in the Game\Bin folder. DO NOT modify, touch, overwrite, delete or otherwise mess with it in ANY way - you will break your game!

You need to create a new resource.cfg file in the Sims 3 root folder!

I'm a uber-dummy, I followed the instructions on another site and I deleted it before reading this thread, the game doesn't start anymore, someone knows if there is a way to fix it, or I just have to re-installing??
Test Subject
#203 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Feky
I'm a uber-dummy, I followed the instructions on another site and I deleted it before reading this thread, the game doesn't start anymore, someone knows if there is a way to fix it, or I just have to re-installing??

The text in a file game/bin/resource.cfg:

Quote:
Priority-29
PackedFile UI/UI.package
PackedFile Automation/AutomationData.package
PackedFile Jazz/JazzData.package
FileType 0xf0ff5598 triggers
FileType 0x0333406c xml
FileType 0x1a3201cd mod
FileType 0x025c95b6 layout
FileType 0x025c90a6 css
FileType 0x062e9ee0 ttf
FileType 0x062e9ee0 otf
FileType 0x062e9ee0 ttc
FileType 0x03b33ddf mod
FileType 0x0604abda dreamtree
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#204 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 12:30 PM
evP: Yes but that error is only when you have subfolders 4 levels deep. It wont affect loading of anything else

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#205 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:24 AM
Yes, I have, for example: Mods/Packages/Clothes/Adult/Sport/Top/any.package

Whether You will correct?
Scholar
#206 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:28 PM
I tried to install 234jiaos asian skinfiles but they only appear one one sim. The rest is still default. I didnt have a resource file in the game/bin but only in the sims 3 folder. Now they both have one, but the skin still does only appear on one sim. Any help will be a lot appreciated. Sim on the right has the skin, sim on the left (and all others) still have the previous skin.
Screenshots

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#207 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:46 PM
evp: Just edit it in notepad and correct it yourself.

Test Subject
#208 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:43 PM
Delphy,
Certainly, I have already made it. And how to be to other users?
There are problems with editing of a file for loading?
Test Subject
#209 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:46 PM
thx!!
Test Subject
#210 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:53 PM
Please see meesage # 198 ... I sure could use some help on this
Test Subject
#211 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:54 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but after some work and finally managing to get HP's nude skins to work I thought I would post what I had to do to get there.

The part I had the problem with was the deleting of the simCompositorCache.package file in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 in order to clear the existing skins and enabling the game to generate the new skins with the mod. I did this but still no success.

However I found another file in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/WorldCaches which had a similar file specifically for Riverview. I deleted this and when I ran the game there were no sims at all, but after a brief pause they popped into existance with the new skins. The pause had obviously been while it generated all the skins required.

I am guessing that the first file in The Sims 3 directory is for Sunset Valley while Riverview puts its version in the WorldCaches folder.

So, I hope that makes sense to anyone having problems with getting the skins working, especially in Riverview.
Test Subject
#212 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:31 AM
I have created a new mod for my game but it will not run.

I have followed all the instructions and I have Delphy's resource.cfg file in The Sims 3 directory.

But the game will not load. It stays on the loading screen forever.

Do you know how to fix this problem?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#213 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 11:47 AM
Thistleryver: See http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Loading_Crashes

Test Subject
#214 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 8:12 PM
how do i uninstall a package file do i just delete it?
Test Subject
#215 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 11:16 AM
So after careful consideration I've concluded that I'm a complete retard.

If anyone would be as kind as to post the content of the resource.cfg file in *** Sims3/GameData/Win32 I would appreciate that, since I of course went and destroyed that file when I clearly read DO NOT TOUCH...

a Kingdom for a braincell
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#217 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 7:18 PM
BugMePerson: Not at all. You can load up pre-existing saves and any packages you've added will work fine. There may be *some* cases, like with skintones, that you need to do some other things, but generally it's fine.

Test Subject
#218 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 2:19 AM
i just realized after all these months that id been putting all my mods and stuff in THE WRONG FOLDER
i put it in my documents..
i know..stupid.
so i tried putting them in the mods folder that i made in the program files area.
but now its denying them for some reason.
can someone help?
am i doing something wrong?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#220 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:03 PM
Actually, there are thousands of people who are installing the correct way and it works fine. If it's not working, then you did something wrong :P

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#222 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:27 PM
Well, I have Vista... and the latest patch... and I do a *lot* of throwing packages in and out of my game (since I write tools, it's pretty much mandatory to start up the game about 30 times a day)... and I have had zero issues so far.

Lab Assistant
#223 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:00 AM
BugMeNot, I move packages in and out all the time and start up the game several times a day, loading various saved games, and it works just fine. (I use the Installer Monkey).

Perhaps you could explain step-by-step exactly what you have done so people can see what might be going wrong for you and help.

Boredom is counterrevolutionary.
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 11:22 PM
Could it be possible in the future to somehow force Sims 3 to recognize the packages as deletable from in the game? Right now, I have a bit of a system to reduce clutter, but with a majority of cas and furniture files often having no cas picture inside (aside from the one they were cloned from) to identify themselves to programs like 3viewer and Merlin, it's beginning to be a nightmare to match filename with the appropriate file.

Keep up the great work, guys!
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Ancient thread, from the dawn of time.
Page 9 of 11