Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 3:28 AM
Default Bon Voyage Chat
Hi everyone, I just noticed that Maxis announced the chat session for Bon Voyage! It's going to be on Thursday.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 3:48 AM
Aw darn I have a Ninjitsu lesson during that time! I hope people ask if you can make beaches on home lots, why pets can't go on vacation, and if sims can send postcards.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 5:20 AM
Ah...who cares...I don't. They never answer any question they don't want to. They rarely answer any question that can't already be answered by reading the available info. Better to simply wait for the next fanday event and the info that generates.... IF anything new comes of that .....

I know, I'm jaded.... past experience.....
Instructor
#4 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 2:11 PM
I can't do this thing since when I keep on registering my CD key, it keeps ons saying that it's used or invalid. I'm hopeless. But since there are millions of users, it would be hard to communicate with people. S2C rocks and people would actually answer your questions. There are hundreds/thousands of users so we won't have the problem of bad communication here.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 6:14 PM
Oh a chat! Is it that time of year already? Hmmm 2:30pm their time is 10:30pm here in the UK so I guess thats good. They normally hold all these chats rather late at night for us. Come to think of it, there's nothing I really want to ask at the moment but I'm sure I'll think of something.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 9:14 PM
i'm going to ask if you can visit other sims homes....i didn't hear anything about it, but i hope we can.
Instructor
#7 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 9:23 PM
Hmm a chat. Sounds fun but I don't think I'm going to participate in it. It's like 11 pm here (Copenhagen) when they're having the chat and I'm probably on my way to bed at that time, it being a school night and all.. :P

Feel free to call me Squash

Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 8:48 PM
actually I've never been to a sims chat but I might go since I have to be sitting at my computer at that time. does anyone have any questions they want to asked?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 9:26 PM
I'm going to ask,

can you open a Travel Agency? =P

Lets see, i'm in BC and its 1:27 PM... Hmm, 1 more hour i guess.
#10 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 9:27 PM
It's in another hour here, and I might go to it if I'm still online. Never been to one, but a question I've been wondering is, if you send a set of parents on a mid-life honeymoon, and they leave their teen to watch the younger sibls, can you play that household while mum and dad are away?
Forum Resident
#11 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 9:35 PM
Typical. Its in an hour. I've been sat waiting for ages now. I must have entered the wrong time zone when I converted it to UK. Oh well. Just an hour to go...
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 9:45 PM
Don't worry star, I did the same. Luckily, I work best at night so I'll still be awake then.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#13 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:35 PM
I don't think this is spam, but I'm in the chatroom right now.
#14 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:39 PM
I'm in, and asked my question -- but I wish I could modify it. Someone asked about sitters and they stated only adults, elders, or nannies can stay back. I'd like to change 'teenager' to the watcher in general ^^;
#15 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:47 PM
Ooh! You'll be happy to know that we CAN indeed make custom vacation themes. They just won't have the secret lots.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:47 PM
Same here. Someone just asked the one I wanted to ask - about controlling friends.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Forum Resident
#17 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:53 PM
I think I've asked about 10 questions but not seen any answered yet. I'd like to know (like many others) whether its possible to visit other sims houses in BV.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:55 PM
Is it just me, or do some of the questions and answers not match up?

Forum Resident
#19 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:57 PM
Yeah, I was thinking that too. And sometimes, one of the Maxoids seems (to me anyway) like he's answering questions that weren't asked.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:58 PM
MaxiodSam also appears to the the Master of the Evasive Answers.:D

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 10:59 PM
I want to get in the chat
#22 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 11:02 PM
Heheh, like JKR some Maxoids seem to be Seers :D

Alot of good questions - some I hadn't even thought of! Only 15 minutes left...
Test Subject
#23 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 11:19 PM
how sad hunter wasn't there....anyways, the chat was ok, they kept answering the same questions
Forum Resident
#24 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 11:26 PM
I found it stupid that they actually answered someone's question, who asked "will there be new objects in this EP?" or something like that. I just laughed, what a stupid question. I asked plenty of things but none of them got answered. I really wanted to know how the beaches work (how to build them), and whether the walking feature is possible in normal neighbourhoods.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 11:30 PM
Star, they answered the second one. Yes, you can.

Page 1 of 3