Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2023 at 12:46 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 28th Sep 2023 at 10:44 AM.
Default Pets can walk to work
I'm having a recurring issue (still trying to identify it) where carpools fail to show up. As a workaround, when it happens Sims can walk to school or work. Pets can't. Is there any hack that enables this?

The only thing I found was this, but it disables the carpool entirely so not what I want.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2023 at 6:43 AM
@Bulbizarre, I haven't seen a Pets Walk to Work mod, but do you have the updated version of Chris Hatch's Time Controller? I noticed that in the Stupid Random Questions Thread you put:

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
EDIT: It was time half-speed. I noticed it t was skipping from 4:59 - 5:01. If I temporarily disable it the carpool shows up.

And since I was looking up the faqs for the Time Controller I noticed Chris posted an updated version here and specifically mentioned game ticks:
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
One of the faults with the time control is that it'll set the seconds to an odd number, since the game's time increments by 'ticks' which are two seconds the time never reaches zero seconds and a lot of things should happen at zero seconds. There is a couple of other faults with that file as well, a fixed version is available at:
CJH_TimeController.zip (4.4kb)

So I was just wondering if you had issues even when using the version from 2019. (BTW, I did a search on the forum and I don't see another version posted after that one, so the June 27 2019 is probably the latest version.)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2023 at 8:25 AM
My version of the Time Controller is from 2018. I'll try that.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2023 at 6:07 AM
A small warning for future people Googling this thread: You may want to disable testingcheats when first loading a lot after updating the time controller. Every lot had a bunch of things (both on and off-world) throw errors about node transitions - thankfully it seems to be only once per item.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2023 at 8:02 PM
My current household hasn't had any missing carpools since I installed the updated time controller!

Alchemist
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2023 at 11:54 PM
That's great! Good to know the updated version solves the issue. After reading yours and others posts about how much it adds to the game, I'm looking to try the Time Controller myself.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her