Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 5:44 PM
Default Restore Burnt State on CC Food
There are a few CC Meals like Souvlaki, Gyros as well as Steak and Salad (from two different creators on different websites) that I like the look of for my game but I noticed that they do not have a burnt state enabled when my Sim burns the food, so the burnt meal look exactly the same as the normally cooked meal. I am somewhat picky about CC Meals in my game so I don't want to add these otherwise really nice meals to my game unless there is a way to restore the burnt state. I tried on my own to restore the burnt state (but I am limited in my SimPE skills) and tried to look up food tutorials without success. If anyone is able to explain the process to restore the burnt state (I have no problem with creating the image for the burnt state, but need help with the SimPE part) that would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 1:02 PM
Have you got a link to the foods? Some Maxis foods don't have a burnt state and they might be cloned from one of those.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 3:17 AM
@Charity - thanks for the input, unfortunately I don't think this is the culprit in this case from what I can see?

Gyro appears to be cloned from hamburgers

Souvlaki appears to be cloned from pork chops

Steak & Salad appears to be cloned from salmon
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 4:41 PM
Hmm, I had a look at the steak and salad (because TSR is a pain to download from). It does have a burnt state. I'm not sure why it's not showing up for you.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 5:15 AM Last edited by UncleHayseed : 27th Mar 2024 at 7:02 PM.
Ya in my digging around in SimPE I saw that file too, but when testing the foods in game there are still issues showing the burnt state even in a vanilla game. I've taken some pictures (I apologize as they are done with my cell looking at the computer screen) to show the issue.

So during the cooking stage the food item will temporarily show it is burnt while in frying pan, but once the completed burnt food is placed onto the group or single serving plate the food looks unburnt again and identical to the normally cooked meal. The first pictures show the food during the cooking stages from normal cook to burnt cook and the last photo shows the group serving of each meal in the normally cooked state (top rack) and the burnt state (bottom rack) where you can see they are identical and not showing as burnt when applicable.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 4:28 PM
Checked it in my game and it did the same thing. There must be something wrong with how it's figuring out when it should look burned. Unfortunately, I have no idea what. Hopefully someone else might know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Mar 2024 at 7:01 PM
Default Possible Solution
FYI for anyone else having the same issue, the only solution I found was to remake the food from scratch following the AriesFlare "Create Custom Food Tutorial" utilizing the meshes and images from the original CC meal files.

From what I can see the problem with the burnt state not showing on these meals is likely due to the CC creator deleting the Texture Image file "...foodserve....-burned_txtr" when creating the meal (despite the CC creator in some cases making "...-foodcookgroup...-burned_txtr" as this image only impacts the food looking burnt in pan during the cooking process and not the completed meal on plate). I had hoped there must be a way to re-add only this missing Texture Image file on these CC meals rather than remaking the meals, but I have not found a way to do so at this time despite a few attempts.