Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2024 at 6:57 AM
Default Edited store outfit texture leaking onto skin
Hello all. I am attempting to separate the tops of store outfits. I imported the edited meshes and textures into TSRW, but the texture seems to have transferred onto the stomach area. Erasing more of the texture in a photo editor doesn't fix this because it affects the actual mesh. I've attached a file of one of the tops I'm working on.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  afTopDirndl.rar (713.2 KB, 2 downloads)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Mar 2024 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by makiura
Hello all. I am attempting to separate the tops of store outfits. I imported the edited meshes and textures into TSRW, but the texture seems to have transferred onto the stomach area. Erasing more of the texture in a photo editor doesn't fix this because it affects the actual mesh. I've attached a file of one of the tops I'm working on.

You will need to adjust the UV and the textures to fit the new UV. Import the top geom, and a bottom (Iuse either nude or bikini) to Blender and turn on "material view". Set image to texture for both meshes, and import your multiplier... then select the multiplier for both meshes. You will see the overlap of the texture on the bottom.

To fix this, shorten the section of the top, on y axis to .75, or 75%, then move the UV up to be clear of the bottom mesh UV. At this point, you must move all parts of the top mesh to the area below the right arm (left side of UV map. That small area is for top parts. You currently have some parts occuppying the area reserved for bottom mesh parts. This is because it was an outfit, and both sides are used for outfits.

Export the new UV map. Import your multiplier to GIMP (or whatever tool you prefer). Import the new UV map as layers. Cut, shrink, move multiplier parts as necessary to match your new UV. Repeat this for ALL textures, including color mask.

As a final step, you can return to Blender with the new multiplier and use it in material view with your altered mesh. If anything is slightly off, I find it easier to "tweak" the UV than to continue playing with the textures. Then, export your final mesh.

Sorry I do not have time right now to go into more detail about adjusting the textures. Let me know if you need help with that.
Screenshots

Shiny, happy people make me puke!