2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#3301 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 7:38 PM
@Annaminna In my game, that only happens if the sim in question is going to have to go to work soon, or should be at work already. :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3302 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 8:00 PM
I checked he has day off. He needs to be at work only at afternoon next day.
Scholar
#3303 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 8:17 PM
Yeah, that is quite uncommon... I suppose you're right, @Annaminna: a mod must be responsible
Mad Poster
#3304 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
Nohobbyspam stops the extraneous phone calls associated with hobby advancement, but it doesn't stop the mavens from showing up.

Hmm, I definitely have something that stops them barging into my house. I thought it was nohobbyspam. I still get the calls asking me to subscribe to their magazines too.
Scholar
#3305 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 5:03 AM
Yeah, the call for magazine sucscriptions is not stopped by that mod either. Some other related calls, however, *are* stopped. Without Nohobbyspam, you'd get some three or four calls concerning each hobby, and now we only get this one.
Mad Poster
#3306 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 5:18 AM
[QUOTE=BoilingOil]
Nohobbyspam stops the extraneous phone calls associated with hobby advancement, but it doesn't stop the mavens from showing up

The hobby mavens only show up in my game in a pop-up message (Bla-bla-bla welcome to the so and so club bla-bla-bla) - they do not come to the house since I have installed that mod?

Locking the door - I was thinking about keeping the friends out rather than the hobby Sims.
Instructor
#3307 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 5:25 AM
What I would is what I think is called a baby carrier. The parent would wear it and put the infant/toddler into it where they can look around or sleep. The parent could also do other things and would be able to take their infant/toddler kids to community lots. (I'm sure there is a mod that allows that, but I keep thinking it would be better to have the kid always near the parent, so...leashes for toddlers? And then with the leash, the kid and the parent could go for a walk around the neighborhood.)

Different topic, ability to set the sauna to different temperatures e.g. have more than 1 on 1 lot but they have different temps instead of overriding whatever temperature they currently are. Also pedicures. Not just because of being able to color your toes but what if you could pick different treatments like in the Sims 3 base game? I think pregnant sims especially would love the foot massage.

Ability to call a family member or a BFF teen and up to your house and have them babysit your kids.

Ability to give a BFF the title of Uncle/Auntie for the kids. And I guess the title of godparent? I don't know how the godparent thing works but from what I've seen it is similar to the mom/dad's BFF is an Uncle/Auntie thing.

Also, if the parents die, the player is given the option to send the kids to the household of the Uncle/Auntie/Godparent/Living family member parents didn't hate. Instead of having them picked up by the social worker.

Ability to have multiple businesses in one lot (i.e. owned by different sims) in order to hold say, a county fair. What if a sim bought a lot and then chose a few sim business owners to display and sell their wares on a certain a day (like planning a vacation). The sim could also employ other sims if they need to.

Ability to use the features of University to create a boarding school neighborhood for child - teen. And maybe have that neighborhood have a shopping district attached to it (Hello, Hogwarts). Just like how you could send teens to college from the neighborhood, you could also send children and teens through a similar way.

Perhaps an outer space vacation destination? To the planet Pollination Technician is from. Although, we probably have the CC to make our own.

Quidditch. It could be like half-court soccer where you (the Chaser) just need to get the Quaffle past the Keeper. If the flying is too hard, we could also do muggle/no-maj Quidditch, which is basically running around on a broom with sometimes ninja-like Snitches.
Scholar
#3308 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 5:37 AM
@Justpetro, Friends will stay out indeed. Normal friends have no powers over doors and locks. I still get mavens showing up to hand my sims that friggin' invitation to visit their lot, and the plaque for maxing their hobby. I don't mind too much, though. I've gotten used to it over the yeasrs. I just wonder why that still happens...
Scholar
#3309 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 5:48 AM
Please, forgive me for the double post...

Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
Ability to call a family member or a BFF teen and up to your house and have them babysit your kids.

Ability to use the features of University to create a boarding school neighborhood for child - teen. And maybe have that neighborhood have a shopping district attached to it (Hello, Hogwarts). Just like how you could send teens to college from the neighborhood, you could also send children and teens through a similar way.

The first is not hard to get done! Squinge wrote a mod named "WatchKidsEnabled" which you should be able to find somewhere on Insimenator (Sorry, no direct link to the mod)

There is a *kind* of boarding school by Inge Jones, found here at Simlogical, but it just means that your kids leave for school on on monday, and don't come home until friday. Nice if you want them out of the way, but it seriously stagnates their development.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3310 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 6:00 AM
Quote:
Rinchan7What I would is what I think is called a baby carrier. The parent would wear it and put the infant/toddler into it where they can look around or sleep. The parent could also do other things and would be able to take their infant/toddler kids to community lots. (I'm sure there is a mod that allows that, but I keep thinking it would be better to have the kid always near the parent, so...leashes for toddlers? And then with the leash, the kid and the parent could go for a walk around the neighborhood.)

Theraven looked into a baby carer using a doll, pretty sure it i way back on her list of thing she would like to do. It's impossible for a real baby.

You can take toddlers to community lots with a mod. Some people have issues with it, I never have.
Quote:
Different topic, ability to set the sauna to different temperatures e.g. have more than 1 on 1 lot but they have different temps instead of overriding whatever temperature they currently are. Also pedicures. Not just because of being able to color your toes but what if you could pick different treatments like in the Sims 3 base game? I think pregnant sims especially would love the foot massage.

Never seen that,
Foot massages would also not be possible. You can probably get pose boxes for such things but they are just that poses you set up to take a picture of.

Quote:

Yes you can with 'Watch Kids' I think the sim has to be adult, not sure.

Quote:
Ability to give a BFF the title of Uncle/Auntie for the kids. And I guess the title of godparent? I don't know how the godparent thing works but from what I've seen it is similar to the mom/dad's BFF is an Uncle/Auntie thing.

That would be nice

Quote:
Also, if the parents die, the player is given the option to send the kids to the household of the Uncle/Auntie/Godparent/Living family member parents didn't hate. Instead of having them picked up by the social worker.

You can do this if you are quick enough. Hit pause save and go over to the other house, summon the child and add them to household. Use dorm on cheat to open build and buy if it greyed out already.

Quote:
Ability to have multiple businesses in one lot (i.e. owned by different sims) in order to hold say, a county fair. What if a sim bought a lot and then chose a few sim business owners to display and sell their wares on a certain a day (like planning a vacation). The sim could also employ other sims if they need to.

I've wanted something like that forever. You can still do that if you have a sim with plenty of money open such a place and hire lots of sims.

Quote:

BO already linked to the Simlogical school system. I use all three modes, homeschooling, prep schooling and boarding school.

Quote:
Perhaps an outer space vacation destination? To the planet Pollination Technician is from. Although, we probably have the CC to make our own.

You could certainly do that, but I imagine it would take a lot of cc.

[/QUOTE]

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#3311 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 6:02 AM
Please, forgive me for the double post...

The first is not hard to get done! Squinge wrote a mod named "WatchKidsEnabled" which you should be able to find somewhere on Insimenator (Sorry, no direct link to the mod)

There is a *kind* of boarding school by Inge Jones, found here at Simlogical, but it just means that your kids leave for school on on monday, and don't come home until friday. Nice if you want them out of the way, but it seriously stagnates their development.

Found it! WatchKidsEnabled , thanks BoilingOil!
Scholar
#3312 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 6:08 AM
Happy to help, @Rinchan7. Enjoy!
Mad Poster
#3313 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 11:31 AM
If you use Inge's Boarding School; to keep your kids away all week, then I think it's also a good idea to use her school institution, to set up and play the school that they're at all week. That will almost certainly stop them stagnating. True, they won't bond well with their parents, whom they only see at weekends, but they should make friends with other kids, and possibly bond with some of their teachers too. You make it a boarding school by starting school on a Monday morning and not ending it till Friday afternoon. During school all the pupils and teachers are controllable, even if some of them are townies. I've played love affairs between townie teens that way.

The school is only a lot, not a whole neighbourhood, but I still think you'd find it fun to play. I don't know if it's possible for pupils and staff to go on outings and return to the school (because I've never tried it), but it would be fun if that does work. If you enjoy playing kids and teens, you'll enjoy playing a Simlogical school. IMHO Inge's school system adds as much to your game as an extra EP.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#3314 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 12:08 PM
I agree, that is probably the best way of dealing with them.

But the kids in my own game that actually *do* get sent to boarding school, are few and far between. They are the few that ONLY roll 250 or 500 asp play wants and don't want to learn anything beyond charisma. As teens I keep them at home again. And if their attitude doesn't change, they end up as pleasure or popularity townies once they grow up to adult.
Mad Poster
#3315 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 12:45 PM
Here's one I don't think has ever been addressed (so far as I'm aware of): a hack/mod to make it possible to keep pixels out of the kitchen in a restaurant.

Every single time I ever play a spot with that damned chef's stove (no matter what doors or walls I put in between them) pixels will always gravitate to it, stand around and take up space. Even the coffee bar will make them do it. They go behind it (and you can't close that space off-you have to have it open for the NPC to generate) and stand there looking stupid.

It has to be one of the most frustrating parts of playing a restaurant/diner/cafe in the game. Just beyond irritating, because the pathing can never get stopped.What is it with that stove or the pathing for a restaurant?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#3316 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Here's one I don't think has ever been addressed (so far as I'm aware of): a hack/mod to make it possible to keep pixels out of the kitchen in a restaurant.

Every single time I ever play a spot with that damned chef's stove (no matter what doors or walls I put in between them) pixels will always gravitate to it, stand around and take up space. Even the coffee bar will make them do it. They go behind it (and you can't close that space off-you have to have it open for the NPC to generate) and stand there looking stupid.

It has to be one of the most frustrating parts of playing a restaurant/diner/cafe in the game. Just beyond irritating, because the pathing can never get stopped.What is it with that stove or the pathing for a restaurant?

Pixels as in sims? Just lock the door and no one who doesn't work there will enter the kitchen.
Mad Poster
#3317 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 1:01 PM
If you're not the owner of a restaurant, you have NPC's spawn to run it. The podium and the chef's stove both spawn NPC's.

You can't lock any kitchen door/gate if you don't own the lot and aren't running it yourself.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#3318 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 1:37 PM
And yet in all the premade restaurants that I know of, hardly ever do I see any of the guests dare to go into the kitchen, if at all. The chef is there, and the server goes there to pick up meals to bring to the guests and to bring dirty dishes to the dish washer.
The podium is a bit of a different thing... guests need to go there to get seated. And even there, I've never seen a gathering.

So there must be some kind of trick to it that keeps it sane, mostly.

On the other hand, I have yet to figure out, if I go to a restaurant with a couple, how I can get them seated together.
Mad Poster
#3319 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 1:41 PM
Fran, is the stove the last thing you place? Sims do go into the kitchen rather a lot, but I've never had it become a problem and I don't find it nearly as universal as you. But if the stove is the "What's this?" object - which is the last item placed on the lot - that would tend to create such situations, as everyone heads to the What's This object by default to get them away from the portal. I like to place a decorative object near the portal so as to reduce the inconvenience.

In the case of the espresso bar, you can either put it in an open area (like the ones in the park) or in a very restricted area with only one square of access, possibly blocked by a gate. In the first case there'll be plenty of room for everyone, in the second they'll block each other from getting there.

The problem with a hack to block people from certain areas would be defining the area in a way that would work with everyone's building style. If you can figure out what the code logic behind your problem is you should be able to build to alleviate it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3320 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 2:04 PM
On the other hand, I have yet to figure out, if I go to a restaurant with a couple, how I can get them seated together.
They have to be a group. Two Sims on a date will be seated together. Otherwise I usually use Ask... Form Casual Group... Just for Fun.

I have been caught out by Sims who have just finished a date and are trying to have a meal together. At that point they're no longer in a group, even if they were on a casual outing when they started their date. They must form a new group or the host will seat them separately.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#3321 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 2:19 PM
I'm aware it seems impossible, but a mod that allows sims to use some of the computer interactions on their cellphone would be awesome, like looking for a job, or surfing the web. It would make a lot of sense for people who have default replacement smartphones. Maybe the dialing animation could be used on a loop for those interactions.
Mad Poster
#3322 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

My non-played sims do this at Crypt O' Night. I have my playable dancing and everyone who arrives on the lot except the NPCs goes either to the kitchen or behind the juice bar. In one downtown it'll be the kitchen, in another neighborhood's downtown it'll be the juice bar. Then there will be five unplayable sims stompy footing at the new arrival because they're stuck behind the juice bar. Sorry, guys, you'll just have to wait until all the non-playeds showing up tonight have gotten there and timed out their arrival moments: whoever gets there last gets first dibs to stompy foot about my playable hogging the dance sphere.
I think I've noticed this behavior at other downtown restaurants too, now that I think about it. I have Pescado's anti what's this mod, perhaps that's why my currently in play sims don't do that.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#3323 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 4:16 PM
What I'd give for a teen pregnancy mod without all the bells and whistles. Inteen's a mess, Wild Child takes out the chimes (I like the chimes). I don't even need Woohoo enabled, I just want something that makes Simblender not terminate the pregnancy after an in-game hour. Every mod of the sort that's out now has some part of it that I simply do not want (either that and/or compatibility issues galore).
Mad Poster
#3324 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 5:25 PM
In what way is inteen a mess? Are you referring to the conflicts with other things, or some other aspect? Perhaps the thing you think is a mess is fixable

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#3325 Old 14th Dec 2015 at 5:29 PM
I know it's probably frowned upon, but I still use insiminator with inteen and its worked out okay so far.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Page 133 of 583