Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2005 at 8:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Broken House - can't party anymore
Sims 2 with patch (no uni)
I *think* the problem somehow is related to a yellow alarm I have in the house that can auto greet people, do homework (any other object that will do my kids homework for them!?) I can't figure out where it's from. But deleting it from that house doesn't fix the problem, so maybe it's unrelated.

I can't throw a party, none of my family members can. Not even a birthday party (waa). Trying to call another sim also only works part of the time. They go over, start to dial and then the action quits.

BEFORE this, the household had come to a crawl, they clock went on super-slow mo and the game was unplayable. I moved them out and back in, things looked ok, but then things acted strange again. I moved them out, bulldozed the lot off the map, moved them into a new lot. They're not moving slowly, but they couldn't throw a party. I thought maybe it was because it was their first day, but they were well established and had a ton of friends.

Maybe one of the characters are corrupted (the phones are game phones). How can I reset them (used to be able to delete them in sims 1). Any other ideas. I love this family, but it's frustrating to have them not quite healthy.

*Tig*
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th May 2005 at 3:27 PM
Default I stumbled across the fix
way way back in this forum in Dec someone couldn't throw wedding parties. There was a link to here:

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimfo...hread.php?t=228

And it worked for my house too. So in this case it wasn't the family, other than that they were established with many aquaintances among everyone.

PS - if anyone does know where I got that yellow wall alarm that greets, teleports, does homework, and a handful of other things, please let me know.

*Tig*
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th May 2005 at 3:31 PM
Just a thought, do they "jump out" of actions? What you mentioned, do the begin to dial, then in the next moment (without transition) they stand a little away from the phone and the action is cancelled? Do this happens, for example, when the sims talk to each other?
There is/was a nasty bug in Sims 2 called the jump bug that caused problems like these. Uni fixed it, but I don't know about the patch that came inbetween...
Scholar
#4 Old 7th May 2005 at 5:02 AM
If you have the DMA Npcs, think by danny, there is a yellow alarm thing in with them. Only one I can think of. Good luck.

Teresa
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th May 2005 at 8:01 AM
The yellow dma teleport has nothing to do with not being able to throw parties. JM made a hack for jump bugs but it shouldn't be necessary to use if you have EP.