Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 5:00 AM
Default Maxis Townies / Chars With Good Genes?
I was thinking about it and I was curious about what maxis characters and townies people think have good genes - that is, which maxis-made sims breed the best kids?

I've found in the guys that Cyd Roseland, Joe Carr and Dathan Acker (YA @ Uni) and that Dagmar Bertino in the girls tend to pass on some good genes...so who do you all think passes on some great genes to kids?

:elephant:
Advertisement
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 5:25 AM
I think a lot of townies are completely boring in the gene pool because they are all just facial templates from CAS. But the most beautiful townies are:

Pleasantview:
Kaylynn Langerak (maid, NPC)
Meadow Thayer

Strangetown:
Jessica Ebadi
Abhijeet Cho
Crystal Vu

I think the most beautiful, unique maxis made sim is Pascal Curious (and very few share my view). His eyes are amazingly almond shaped and his face is so cute. The thing is that very few people see it because they are used to see him with the geeky glasses and hair and they haven't tried giving him a makeover.
I think Pascal's kids turn out extremely gorgeous.

Here are some sims I think breed well:

Nervous Subject (just give him a makeover. I love his mouth and cute little nose)
Pascal and Lazlo Curious (their cute little faces beat all sims!)
Circe Beaker (she has amazing eyes but don't breed her with her ugly husband Loki)
Brandi Broke (You can be sure the kids won't turn out deformed but I really find her a bit too boring. So many townies have the same face as her)
Jill Smith
The Caliente sisters
Olive Specter (if you age her down)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 12:48 PM
Joel Jeffrees in Strangetown too, he just needs a makeover.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 3:30 PM
AHHH TOTALLY SECONDING KAYLYNN. I love that woman. Great mother, too.

Castor Nova and Jane Stacks are pretty cute. I haven't tried them together - I always steal Castor for one of my own Sims! He has adorable kids. And Marylena Hamilton, the delivery lady (not the townie), is absolutely gorgeous and has adorable kids.

People I want to try using: Dagmar Bertino, Cassidy Pederson (the bartender), Robi Charvat (the exterminator), Jessica Ebadi (the burglar), Vanessa Chen from Bon Voyage, and a bunch of Downtownies. And also the black-haired girl with the newsboy hat who's in the Secret Society. She's kind of pretty but also unique-looking. (Her eyes are like Darren Dreamer's - tilted outward a little bit.)
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 5:57 PM
Castor Nova from Sim State University is so cute. I have him married to Nina Caliente in my game. Their first child a boy is really cute. I'll see if I can get a pic tonight.
I love Don Lothorio's genes. His children always are cute.
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 6:09 PM
I just had my Legacy founder have two kids with Christy Something-or-other... (She looks quite odd...)

The older boy turned out AMAZING. He looks even more handsome than his dad.
The girl, on the other hand, has huge eyes and a very odd, flat nose.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 7:05 PM
castor nova(in my game a blonde surfer)
pascal curious (totally LOVE the guy)
don lothario
lillith pleasant
the teenage dreamer kid
the broke woman
the fat guy who lives in the same dorm as castor, he has good genes

i have a dutch game so i don't know the english names, i just know the names of the caracters who are alreadysaid a few times.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 7:11 PM
Which neighborhood is Dagmar Bertrino in? I want her. And which expansion does Meadow Thayer come with?
Inventor
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 7:16 PM
Weirdly enough... Daniel Pleasant seems to have good genes too.

The Caliente sisters are pretty okay too, but mind I use default face templates that have the softenend versions of the maxis templates.
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChihoSan
Which neighborhood is Dagmar Bertrino in? I want her. And which expansion does Meadow Thayer come with?

Dagmar is the mail woman in almost all my hoods and Meadow came with the base game.
Theorist
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 12:42 AM
Castor Nova. Oh, and the male Downtownie with blonde hair and the big green glasses has good genes.
Site Helper
#12 Old 24th Jan 2008 at 1:01 PM
Lucy Hanby the maid. Good genes, and a lot of "Nice" points.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#13 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 6:22 AM
I've bred Maxis sims and townies for quite a long time now, so here are my findings.

For good genes:

Basically all of the playable sims in Pleasantview, with the exception of Alexander Goth, will produce good-looking offspring.

In Strangetown, most of the sims will breed great kids, but you have to geneticize plastic surgery on Loki Beaker and possibly Nervous Subject if you don't like sad-lookng eyes.

Don't have much experience in Veronaville, but the Summerdreams produce decent offspring, same with Juliette Capp and Bianca Monty. The other Capps pass along really gaunt chins, aside from Regan Capp

In Riverblossom, almost all of them, except an aged-down Betty Goldstein. But don't breed Gabe and Patricia together. I've had some nasties in that pairing. Gabe will do much better when paired with his ex-wife.

Townies...Meadow, Komei, Jan, adult Ivy, Christy, Joe, Kennedy, Amin, Benjamin, Orlando, Ricky...
For Strangetown, River Smith, Joel Jeffress, Genesis Lam, Johnson Pai, and a few others.
Don't know about Riverblossom and Veronaville townies.

For NPCs, Kaylynn, Remington, Jessica, Marylena, Dagmar, Lauren Reeves..and some that I can't remember
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 1:49 PM
There is one townie called Regina Hunicke who has had the most beautiful daughter with my legacy founder,

Anyone have any experience in landgraab offspring how'd they look?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 2:07 PM
There's some DownTownie, in my sims game she's called Audrey Mazza (and some vampire sim randomly bit her while my sim was going downtown O_o) and she's got a floppy hat, blonde hair, thick-rimmed glasses, a blue jacket, and a white shirt, who has pretty good genes. I have three user accounts and she's in every single one of my games so you should have her too. She's not hard to find as she can almost always be seen downtown.
#16 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 2:32 PM
Castor Nova (student who lives at uni)
Cyd Roseland (in the family bin - with his dog)
Blonde female townie with really dark make-up, lip-stick wearing the punky/greb clothes teens can wear too - was called Phoebe something in my game.
The male sim who always has the messy blonde hair and the big green aviator glasses gives on really cute genes too.
Inventor
#17 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 3:27 PM
Which ones in Riverblossom have good genes? I know there was one lady who was gorgeous if you aged her down, but I don't remember who...
#18 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
Which ones in Riverblossom have good genes? I know there was one lady who was gorgeous if you aged her down, but I don't remember who...

Are you talking about someone from the Viejo family? Some of those women look absolutely stunning if you age them down and give them a makeover...
Scholar
#19 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xJazminx
There is one townie called Regina Hunicke who has had the most beautiful daughter with my legacy founder,

Anyone have any experience in landgraab offspring how'd they look?

ive had several of my sims marry landgraab and all their child boys and girls have gotten his caveman brow but its mostly fixable with some bangs though some times they get such huge brows that they poke through all the banged hairs i have so im forced to deal or use the surgey machine though i usually just deal since im always curious to see what the next gen. will be like if that brow with come back over and over through out the generations lol

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 12:50 AM
i really love the daughters goopy and nervous had in my game (not with each other!).
#21 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 11:11 PM
Dagmar Bertino does have beautiful kids for Pleasantview. John and Jennifer Burb have 3 stunning daughters in my game - they all have a very natural looking beauty to them.

Celeste Viejo of Riverblossom is gorgeous if aged down to adult.

Also, Heather Huffington has gorgeous kids too. In my game, she married Ashley Pitts (from Uni also), and have had a lot of beautiful kids.

Lastly, I revived all of the Tricou family and aged them to adults. Jenicor and Keene have very beautiful and exotic kids. It's something in the eyes.
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 1:01 AM
Joe Carr's kids look good in my game (although his son looks almost like a clone of him), so agreed on him.

Also, some townie or downtownie named Stephan. I don't know his last name but I know he's blonde (heck, he might be the above mentioned blonde with glasses, I don't remember). His sons with one of my CAS created sims are adorable kids right now.

And similar to lazyviolet. I've had Goopy give me a beautiful daughter in game too (with his nose too!). Unfortunately, her sister got his nose and his cheekbones, and that didn't work as well. Similarly, if Benjamin doesn't pass on his nose (unless you like his nose, obviously), the kids can look quite good.

I've seen a few teens mentioned above, which male teen townies/downtownies age up well?
Instructor
#23 Old 16th Mar 2008 at 2:35 PM
Benjamin's nose looks good on females. Take a look at Marylena Hamilton (grocery delivery person) and see what I mean. She is the female version of Mr. Longnose's archetype.
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 12:43 AM
I've admittedly only had male offspring off Benjamin. The nose doesn't always work out so well. Though his only son alive in my game currently looks fine (probably mom's genes).
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 5:41 AM
dagmar's daughter is pretty, not drop dead gorgeous, but no dog either. ben's son looks like his mother's family but has his father's nose. mitch wolosenko, (delivery man), remington (maid) and brandon (dude in the kilt) gave me pretty daughters. maybe we should start a picture post for all of this!
Page 1 of 2