Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 11:26 PM
Default Sims 2 displays perfectly on laptop, but displays a blank blue window on external monitor
I re-installed Sims 2 on a new laptop, which is connected to an external monitor. Have also installed Sims 2 Graphics Ruler with the suggested auto-detect options. Also set it so the game starts in windowed mode, then I use the Fullscreenizer program to make it full screen.

On my laptop, it works and displays fantastically. However, if I move the windowed screen to my external monitor, the window immediately turns blue and blank. So I think there's some settings I need sorted in regards to my external monitor so I can get it to display Sims 2. Attaching screenshots of the windowed game, on both laptop and monitor.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 5000, Intel(R) Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce MX150, RAM 8GB, 64-bit, Windows 10 Home
Monitor: BenQ GW2480 60.5 cm (23.8 inch) LED Monitor, 1920x1080, Refresh rate 60.000 Hz, 8-bit, RGB, Standard dynamic range (SDR)

I would appreciate any advice you have! The game is running perfectly fine which I'm really happy with - just need to figure out how to make it run on the external monitor.

Thank you!
Screenshots