Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 5:01 PM
Default Why do My Snapshots Come up like this?
I'm having a hard time with my snapshots. None them are in the storytelling folder and because I have university, I read a post that they should be in Docs/Sims2/Neighbourhoods/N000x (1/2/3)

Ok now my pictures are in there but instead of he snapshots showing a close of view of my car pool limo and me about to enter it, the snapshot comes up like this:

and instead of the snapshot showing me and my boyfriend on our bed it just shows the bedside decoration.

I don't know if its to do with any settings but please help.
Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 5:45 PM Last edited by Swordwolf : 22nd Jun 2005 at 8:20 AM.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 6:40 PM
I couldn't find my 1st post so I made this one so I could view repies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 7:10 PM
what did you say might be wrong with my files..in the old post?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 7:25 PM Last edited by Swordwolf : 22nd Jun 2005 at 8:20 AM.
My possible solution was:
Did you add any downloads/hacks that included a camera text file? That might be it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 7:44 PM
I'll check. Is there any program that could search that for me. And thank you for the tip.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 8:09 PM
You are welcome. I don't believe any program will point it out as a download/hack because its the exact same file as the original, but with changed values.
The only way you could narrow that down is to check the camera file date by right clicking the camera text file(s) , left click properties, and see if there's a different date for 'created' and 'modified'. If you have a 'modified' field at all, then yes, you've overwritten the original camera text file.
You could also check where you got the download/hack and see if there's more info or reported problems like yours.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Swordwolf
You are welcome. I don't believe any program will point it out as a download/hack because its the exact same file as the original, but with changed values.
The only way you could narrow that down is to check the camera file date by right clicking the camera text file(s) , left click properties, and see if there's a different date for 'created' and 'modified'. If you have a 'modified' field at all, then yes, you've overwritten the original camera text file.
You could also check where you got the download/hack and see if there's more info or reported problems like yours.

I deleted all my downloads and see if it would mnake a change. It didn't. This is what my properties show. Even though, this problem was before 14th june...?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 9:48 PM Last edited by Swordwolf : 21st Jun 2005 at 1:54 AM. Reason: elaborated on #3
All I can think of is to:
1-check the game seetings in camera options.
2-make sure the folder isn't set to enable compression.
Properties>advanced.
3-check if you've reset file associations for that type of picture file. That can happen by default with some newly installed/updated program that works with video/picture files. It'll auto-change the file association for the program that opens (views) the pictures.
Properties>general>opens with:
example: jpg opens with (on my pc): Windows picture and fax viewer.
4-check if there's alot of photos saved in the file. Some folks have issues with it not retaining new photos.
5-Lastly, read thru the posts where you obtained the download/hack to look for similar issues reported. Hacks don't always clear out of the game when deleted if they modified global fields.

I have looked here and elsewhere and have not seen your particular problem. That's all I got, if I see anything I'll post here.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Swordwolf
All I can think of is to:
1-check the game seetings in camera options.
2-make sure the folder isn't set to enable compression.
Properties>advanced.
3-check if you've reset file associations for that type of picture file.
Properties>general>opens with:
example: jpg Windows picture and fax viewer.
4-check if there's alot of photos saved in the file. Some folks have issues with it not retaining new photos.
5-Lastly, read thru the posts where you obtained the download/hack to look for similar issues reported. Hacks don't always clear out of the game when deleted if they modified global fields.

I have looked here and elsewhere and have not seen your particular problem. That's all I got, if I see anything I'll post here.

Thank you. I'll try these.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 11:07 PM
You are most welcome. If you find an answer let us all know, could help the next person. And maybe someone else might post with an idea. -anybody?
Meanwhile, I'll keep my eyes open.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Jun 2005 at 6:09 AM
While I've been bouncing around the net I've been looking around for your particular problem with no success I'm sorry to say. There were numerous reports of corruption in saved storytelling photos after installing Uni and/or the patch(es), but none quite like yours. All I can suggest is to try importing the photos into a new album. Use the 'More' option in the photo album.

If that fails perhaps all you can do is uninstall/re-install everything as it would seem the files themselves might have become corrupted during the EP installation or patching process.
And yes, you are correct. Your Storytelling photos (with Uni) are located by default in:
\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N00X\Storytelling

Are my methods unsound?
I don't see any method at all, Sir.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:34 PM
oh, how weird. It may be a hack or custom career causing problems. If you have removed all of your custom things and its still there you might have to re-install the game. I have had problems with hacks before, I'm in the process of re-installing everything. Hey, my mod the sims 2 has just changed! Its all white instead of blue! Is anybody elses just changed colour?
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 1:38 PM
Default The same problem
I have the same problem except it has extended into the neighborhood. The houses now have large objects laying on their side sticking out of them. And when you click to go into a house the picture of the family isn't their. And when painting a picture of something they paint it all black with just a small conor of color, and the photographs that they take with the carrer award camera come out the same way. I have unistalled taking out of my downloads and reinstalled several times but nothing seems to help. Any advice would be appreciated.
Jewls
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 9:12 AM Last edited by caramella : 11th Sep 2005 at 12:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jewls1217
I have the same problem except it has extended into the neighborhood. The houses now have large objects laying on their side sticking out of them. And when you click to go into a house the picture of the family isn't their. And when painting a picture of something they paint it all black with just a small conor of color, and the photographs that they take with the carrer award camera come out the same way. I have unistalled taking out of my downloads and reinstalled several times but nothing seems to help. Any advice would be appreciated.
Jewls

All what u said is EXACTLY the same with mine. EXACTLY the same :confused:
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 9:28 AM
Sounds like, time for a new graphics card. End of Story.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
Sounds like, time for a new graphics card. End of Story.

Great. Lol. How much do those range around from? And how did u come to that conclusion? Don't want to get one and I have the same problem. I'd appreciate the info. Thank you.
Stupid people are stupid
#18 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 9:31 AM
caramella, what graphics card do you have?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
caramella, what graphics card do you have?

Not sure. Where do I go to on my cpu to find out? Assuming I can.
Scholar
#20 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 9:51 PM
well, don't you have your specifications available? You can go to the control panel to view basic info about your computer... when you know wat make it is, go to the manufacturer's website and download the newest driver available
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 10:00 PM Last edited by caramella : 10th Sep 2005 at 10:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alissa888
well, don't you have your specifications available? You can go to the control panel to view basic info about your computer... when you know wat make it is, go to the manufacturer's website and download the newest driver available

OH you mean my display adapter right? lol.

It's

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 10:21 PM
weird...
Stupid people are stupid
#23 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 9:53 AM
Do you have the latest drivers for the card?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
Do you have the latest drivers for the card?

I downloaded the updates for my driver and now everything works fine. THANK U SO MUCH. :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 1:19 PM
Pays to persevere sometimes! :-P