Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2010 at 12:47 PM Last edited by Ceixari : 12th May 2010 at 1:10 PM. Reason: I wrote someone instead of somewhere
Default Bench without Back
I cloned the cement bench, because I'm busy making a few benches, some without backs, but I've found that the sims still treat the bench as if it has a back. The bench only has a single bone in the mesh and I'm not sure that it depends on that bone.

Is there somewhere else I need to look to fix this or should I basically live with it?

Ps. I know the texture is off
Screenshots
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 12th May 2010 at 12:48 PM
Changing the mesh won't change how the sim sits. You could change it to a pitchfork and sims would sit on it happily.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2010 at 1:13 PM
Thanks cmomoney, this I knew I was more wondering about the rigging, but since there is only one bone I'm guessing I'm stuck with how this looks, unless I clone something else which gets them in a more upright sitting position.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 12th May 2010 at 1:29 PM
The rigging only says where the sims sits. How the sims sits is baked into the animation. You could, as you said, clone something closer to the animation you want.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]