Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:41 PM
Default WCIF Staircase-like roof edge
I'm trying to build some Dutch houses in the sims 2 but I really need this staircase-like roof edge to make them just right. I can't think of a better description as I only know of a Dutch word for this sorta thing. Anything someone can tell me is welcome, if something that would make this possible even exists at the moment...

Pictures below
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:42 PM

Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 1:16 AM
I'd like one too...
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 1:56 AM
if you use boolprop constrain floor and some half walls it might work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
if you use boolprop constrain floor and some half walls it might work

It might, but then the steps would be a bit large... That would mean either building only a few steps, or making the houses supersized....
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 9:50 AM
I found this tutorial from YouTube today, and remembered your question. Hope this will help you!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 12:18 PM
I do that with a combination of full walls, half walls and stage tool. You can place windows in the middle too.
Alchemist
#8 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 7:06 AM
Ainotar, that video is pretty good - wish it went slower though! I'll have to watch it a lot of times. I don't think it used half-walls or stage tools.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 6:44 PM
That does look a lot like what I want, but the video goes really fast. It's hard to follow. But I'll give it a try thanks Ainotar
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 7:25 PM
Here's a house that looks like your picture. Maybe you can download it and study how it was made (second pic from bottom):

http://www.blackypanther.de/include...r=&entries=1068
Forum Resident
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 6:39 PM
sorry for the threadcromancy- but here's an object you might find useful
http://www.sims2collage.de/ermelind...bauen/index.php

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Alchemist
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 3:59 AM
Interesting link, thanks.