Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2023 at 3:49 PM
Default Mixologist is not tending the bar
This problem happens in all of my saves. The mixologist is not tending the bar, at least half the times they don't.

What they do is playing darts, chat, anything but working, leaving the clients starving for drinks or food.
The last time I've played I thought to test something. I switched to the mixologist sim, whom I had add to the lot as a resident using master controller, in order to command him to work so my sim can eat.
Then what I saw was that the "moonlight as a mixologist" option was gray with this message appearing "customers are still recovering from your Sim's last batch of drinks. Give it some time"!! I guess this error is why my mixologists are not tending the bar.

[IMG][/IMG]

What I did next was, first I switched back to my sim, then I removed the mixologist from the role using the register mod and rehired him. Sometimes this works but not always. Then I reseted the bar, nothing. What fixed the issue was first removing the sim using the register mod, let it assign the role to a new sim which didn't appear to work at all and after a while rehire the first mixologist.

What I'm wondering is if there's a permanent fix for this issue.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Mar 2023 at 1:52 AM
I think the following might help. I remember that this had to do with the mixologists being low skilled:

https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/di...are-not-working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2023 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
I think the following might help. I remember that this had to do with the mixologists being low skilled:

https://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/di...are-not-working.

As you can see from the picture his mixology skill is at level ten. The rest of the tips in the link you have provided are saying how you can reset the bar. That works as a temporary fix, same as reassigning the role.
Maybe there is no permanent fix for this error, dunno 😟
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Mar 2023 at 6:35 PM
And this is why I love nitromon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I usually just use NRAAS and murder him, then let the game replace him.

😂 I guess all your bars must be haunted!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 7:43 PM
I usually just use NRAAS and murder him, then let the game replace him.

BORING!!! With so many fun options available for murder, why use Nraas for that? Unless you mean Dexter The Bear? Desecrate (think that's right?) weapons are always a hoot! Forget the mod, but I think it's here on MTS, let's Harley use her bat!

Can't find the beat down, but this was on her way there!!!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 11:48 AM
I'm thinking if my habit to edit the sims appearance has anything to do with this problem. For now I have hired someone who I'm planning not to take into cas and see if that will make any difference. 🧐
Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 4:37 PM
Quote:
So I had to hunt them down and kill them all.

You may or may not have done this, but in worlds that do not have apartment, as Bridgeport does, I place one apartment building. Even in Oasis Landing, I place in Wastelands (kinda fits). This way, all NPC's can be found at that apartment, and can be reset, killed, whatever, without looking everywhere for them. Especially useful in worlds where NPC's just go to some lot and disappear.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 18th Mar 2023 at 9:42 PM
haha, actually I do do this, place an apartment in every world. but you shouldn't do it in Oasis Landing b/c then you wouldn't have any future residents living in the communal building.

Works for me in Oasis Landing. ))) Residents will move into the apartment, and NPC's show on the mailbox as living there.

Disclaimer: As always, it may be some other mod I have that allows it to work in ITF???
Forum Resident
#15 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 1:45 PM
Yes, the apartment will work, but all the future sims that suppose to live in the communal home will be moved to these NPC apartments. So the communal home (the ITF basecamp) will be empty.

I never really visit the basecamp after my first visit to OL. I buy a vacation home, so have not noticed, but have seen other townies in the apartment.