Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1326 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by reinmag
oh perfect.
See, never hurts to ask!

*so outdated her platforms came back in style*
never hurts to ask
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1327 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 3:03 PM
Hi I have little problem with poses I try hundred times and still I have the same error and I don't know why. When I try export my pose Blender gives me this error

And anyone know why I have this error? and how to fix it
Test Subject
#1328 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 7:56 AM
Default Help!!!
It always like this. I dont know what to do!
Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1329 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiro88
That snarl of blue is the joints of the rig. To make them smaller go to File in the upper left corner and choose Preferences from the drop down menu.

Click the tab that says Misc and in the line where it says joint size change the number to 0.008000.

This will make the joints smaller so you can see the rig.

Also, you're using an outdated version of Milkshape that won't work for Sims 3 poses. You need to get version 1.8.5.
Test Subject
#1330 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 10:24 PM
Default Milkshape problem
i was looking for a bunch of child poses but the ones i want to have are not up anywhere. i thought I'd give my posemaking skills a try and got the milkshape trial. up to loading everything required into milkshape its good. i started to play around and try out at first (not changing anything in the programm, just rotating joints in different positions to get the hang of it) but i encountered a problem: At some point when rotating joint parts (preferable the forearm and legs) the rotated part goes completly wrong in size and form. it cannot be turned back (without using strg Z) and no matter what I do with it, it keeps... well, almost like exploding. it grows to an enormous size and the more i move it the bigger and wierder it gets. sometimes it goes faster sometimes slower. I tried reopening and reinstalling and stuff, i also tried how to trigger it or not trigger it, but once i opened up the completly unedited file and spinned the leg around a douzen times just to put it to its original place again and compare the legs and as i thought: the leg that had been spinned was now larger than the other one.
am I doing something really wrong or does the programm not like me?? i followed all the steps the online tutorials want me to do exactly and everything is fine until i start rotating stuff :/
please help before milkshape expires?? D:
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1331 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Minigini
i was looking for a bunch of child poses but the ones i want to have are not up anywhere. i thought I'd give my posemaking skills a try and got the milkshape trial. up to loading everything required into milkshape its good. i started to play around and try out at first (not changing anything in the programm, just rotating joints in different positions to get the hang of it) but i encountered a problem: At some point when rotating joint parts (preferable the forearm and legs) the rotated part goes completly wrong in size and form. it cannot be turned back (without using strg Z) and no matter what I do with it, it keeps... well, almost like exploding. it grows to an enormous size and the more i move it the bigger and wierder it gets. sometimes it goes faster sometimes slower. I tried reopening and reinstalling and stuff, i also tried how to trigger it or not trigger it, but once i opened up the completly unedited file and spinned the leg around a douzen times just to put it to its original place again and compare the legs and as i thought: the leg that had been spinned was now larger than the other one.
am I doing something really wrong or does the programm not like me?? i followed all the steps the online tutorials want me to do exactly and everything is fine until i start rotating stuff :/
please help before milkshape expires?? D:
If you're just starting out with making S3 poses I highly recommend not using MS at all. The issues you're running into have to do with settings but no matter how you set MS settings it is an inferior tool for poses or animations. Blender is free, easy to make poses with, and has an addon for S3 that is easier to use than the MS one. I wrote a tutorial for Blender poses with links to what you need here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=916.0

If you really want to continue using MS I posted info about MS settings at the bottom of the first post of this thread.
Test Subject
#1332 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
If you're just starting out with making S3 poses I highly recommend not using MS at all. The issues you're running into have to do with settings but no matter how you set MS settings it is an inferior tool for poses or animations. Blender is free, easy to make poses with, and has an addon for S3 that is easier to use than the MS one. I wrote a tutorial for Blender poses with links to what you need here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=916.0

If you really want to continue using MS I posted info about MS settings at the bottom of the first post of this thread.

Wow! Thanks a lot for answering this quick!! Since I ran into that deforming problem again and again I thought I might try Blender but when I want to load the 2nd file into blender (the skelly part) i do not have the option of importing it. there are a bunch of files i can import but the one mentioned (and shown via screenshot) in the tutorial I read was missing, that's why I tried to find a solution to the MS problem. I'm gonna give Blender a second try, your tutorial looks good, I hope I can get it right :>
thanks again for answering ~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1333 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minigini
Wow! Thanks a lot for answering this quick!! Since I ran into that deforming problem again and again I thought I might try Blender but when I want to load the 2nd file into blender (the skelly part) i do not have the option of importing it. there are a bunch of files i can import but the one mentioned (and shown via screenshot) in the tutorial I read was missing, that's why I tried to find a solution to the MS problem. I'm gonna give Blender a second try, your tutorial looks good, I hope I can get it right :>
thanks again for answering ~
The Blender tutorial I linked to will require a different tool than AnimTool and the tool has its own set of rigs. You'll need to be sure to get the correct rigs or otherwise you'll run into problems. Other than that you'll find it's much easier to make poses using the new tool and Blender I think
Test Subject
#1334 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 5:15 PM
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=948.0

It takes all the difficulty out of creating a pose .package with a pose list and is very easy to use. [/QUOTE]

I have tried it, one pose has appeared in the list out of 3, and the pose appears different. How do I get the 3 to appear as they where in blender?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1335 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deltic9016
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=948.0

It takes all the difficulty out of creating a pose .package with a pose list and is very easy to use.

I have tried it, one pose has appeared in the list out of 3, and the pose appears different. How do I get the 3 to appear as they where in blender?
Sorry for delay in answer...I was outta town. If you have questions about my Blender tutorial I'm more than happy to answer them in that tutorial thread
Test Subject
#1336 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 6:38 PM
hi!

I'm new to posing and I followed a few tutorials and they helped me to get my first pose working!! I had some troubles with the eyes, but now it's fixed with the help of the eye texture by Shady

Anyway, I wanted to know, since there is a eye texture, is it maybe possible that someone created something to help with other facial features, like the eyebrows? I'm really struggling with that

Sorry if this question sounds a little stupid
Test Subject
#1337 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 2:16 AM Last edited by Eternal Rose : 24th Jul 2012 at 9:24 AM.
Hi, I started the tutorial but have a problem already at step #2! o_O When I went to open the fullbuild0.package it's not there!

C> Program Files> (x86)> Electronic Arts> Sims 3> "And then it is empty!" o_O So now what do I do?

My op system is Windows 7 & I have the EA download version of both the base game & WA. Does anybody know where to open the file, hoping the tutorial just needs to be updated.

I have all the latest updates for games & needed software.

Edit: I found it, the tutorial needs to be updated. EA changed folders (not sure if this is because I have a direct download from Origin, the site that EA now does updates for the launcher)

Files can now be found here: Local Disk (C) > Program Files "Program Files (x86) if you have a 64 bit computer" > Origin Games> The Sims 3 > Game Data> Shared > Packages
Test Subject
#1338 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 9:31 AM Last edited by Eternal Rose : 24th Jul 2012 at 9:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Spiro88

You need to change the joint size from 1.000000 to 0.01 and click OK.

If you are new to meshing with Milkshape 3D there is a awesome set of walk through ones by Tiggerypum & Hysterical Paroxysm. I learnt with them & they are the best ones I have found hands down, they teach meshing for Sims 2 though.

Beginning Clothing/Body Meshing Tutorial - Using Unimesh/Milkshape
http://http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=142305

Unimesh/Milkshape Tutorial: Level 2, Editing and UV Maps
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=175147

Unimesh/Milkshape Tutorial: Level 3, Combining Mesh Parts
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=179177
Test Subject
#1339 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 11:33 PM
Default No Material Found! :(
I go to save my SMD file from Milkshape and it says "Group Material not found!! Model on exported!". What do I do?
Forum Resident
#1340 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 7:55 AM Last edited by LadyAwesome : 31st Jul 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Ok I am testing out tutorials again, [strikethrough]but with the blend files why is there only male + female and not Male+male and Female+female? Or does it not matter so much?[/strikethrough] I figured that out..

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1341 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BaddieC
I go to save my SMD file from Milkshape and it says "Group Material not found!! Model on exported!". What do I do?
I'm not familiar with this error and I've been unable to duplicate it. Someone else posted the same issue earlier but never posted whether they got it straightened out or not. Could you list the steps you're taking that lead up to the error?

Quote: Originally posted by LadyAwesome
Ok I am testing out tutorials again, [strikethrough]but with the blend files why is there only male + female and not Male+male and Female+female? Or does it not matter so much?[/strikethrough] I figured that out..
It doesn't matter which adult rig you use to make poses with in terms of them functioning for either gender in game. If you want to use a male rig and a female rig together I wrote a mini-tutorial that shows how to create poses with multiple rigs of your choice. This tutorial allows you to pick the rigs you want and add more than two rigs to Blender at a time:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=931.0
Forum Resident
#1342 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 11:00 PM
Yes I did find that after I typed that, Just didn't make it clear enough I guess. Thank you!

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Test Subject
#1343 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 6:54 PM
[QUOTE=orangemittens]I'm not familiar with this error and I've been unable to duplicate it. Someone else posted the same issue earlier but never posted whether they got it straightened out or not. Could you list the steps you're taking that lead up to the error?

I set the keyframe and went to the file to a half-life SMD and then a window popped up and said no group material found.
Test Subject
#1344 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 1:08 AM
Okay, i still do things old fashioned... But see my problem: lately, whenever i go to make a couple pose, whichever one i turn around to face the other goes wrong. In blender the pose looks fine, but in game the pose is literally upside down. Like, 180 degrees upside down. I really don't get it at all! D: I tried getting the pose from its package and going through the motions all over, and then turning it upside down in blender, but it just ends up upside down in game too! It makes me really sad cos i've made 6 different poses that i've really liked and its always happened to the second one of each pair.

Looks like this:

And thats after i've moved it up twice using the debug enabler. Before that, it was underground because like i said, entirely upside down. I know i should probably upgrade and get with the times, but i dunno, i tried and it just doesn't work for me. I'm probably just doing it wrong though.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1345 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=orangemittens]I'm not familiar with this error and I've been unable to duplicate it. Someone else posted the same issue earlier but never posted whether they got it straightened out or not. Could you list the steps you're taking that lead up to the error?

I set the keyframe and went to the file to a half-life SMD and then a window popped up and said no group material found.
Could you give the steps you're taking from beginning to end? That isn't enough for me to try to duplicate the error you're getting.

Quote: Originally posted by Beautycoo
Okay, i still do things old fashioned... But see my problem: lately, whenever i go to make a couple pose, whichever one i turn around to face the other goes wrong. In blender the pose looks fine, but in game the pose is literally upside down. Like, 180 degrees upside down. I really don't get it at all! D: I tried getting the pose from its package and going through the motions all over, and then turning it upside down in blender, but it just ends up upside down in game too! It makes me really sad cos i've made 6 different poses that i've really liked and its always happened to the second one of each pair.
Using AnimTool and smd conversion with Blender isn't the optimal way to make poses using Blender. I don't do it that way anymore and I don't recommend it. Instead use the newer and better CLIPTool. You will need to download the rigs that go with it in order for it to work...the old rig is not compatible with it. You can get links to both tool and rigs here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=862.0

I wrote several tutorials showing how to use it. If you try em and have questions I'm happy to answer them in those tutorial threads They're here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo....php?board=48.0
Lab Assistant
#1346 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 5:55 AM
Is there a body file for teens? I know adults and teens share a rig file, but I'm talking about the actual mesh... I'd like to make some poses between adults and teens I don't want to have to continually open my game to tweak it because if I do it too much, the file corrupts and no longer changes. Any help is appreciated...
Test Subject
#1347 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 4:26 AM
[QUOTE=orangemittens] [QUOTE=BaddieC]Could you give the steps you're taking from beginning to end? That isn't enough for me to try to duplicate the error you're getting.

I go to "File->Import->Half-Life SMD", then I click "No". Click the "Anim" button in the bottom right corner, I pose the model in the way I want it, The I go to "Animate->Set Keyframe", then I go to "File->Export->Half-Life SMD", and then II clicked save and a window popped up saying not group material found.
Lab Assistant
#1348 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 2:11 AM
[QUOTE=orangemittens] [QUOTE=BaddieC]Could you give the steps you're taking from beginning to end? That isn't enough for me to try to duplicate the error you're getting.

I go to "File->Import->Half-Life SMD", then I click "No". Click the "Anim" button in the bottom right corner, I pose the model in the way I want it, The I go to "Animate->Set Keyframe", then I go to "File->Export->Half-Life SMD", and then II clicked save and a window popped up saying not group material found.

If I may..

seems a bit off here (note, this is assuming you have created an smd by exporting file from full build clips, changing with anim tool, including the rig:
So in Milkshape...
Should be:
1. file, open, rig (af or am rig, or child)
2. click ANIM button
3. click rotate, choose proper global/local, etc buttons
4. click on joints to select joints
5. start with face (not sure why, just always have been told to pose face first)
6. pose
7. set keyframe (while still in anim)
8. click 'select', click off anim
9. click anim again to test if pose snaps back into place
10. click anim off again then save as ms3d file
11. EXport as SMD, writing over your previous file
12. change to clip from ANIM tool (Wes's).
12. open file with S3PE 13. save as package.

That's a bit of a rough tut. Seems you were missing several steps. hth
Test Subject
#1349 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 10:43 PM
Thank you so SO much, you're brilliant and argh, i feel so incompetant! >_<
Test Subject
#1350 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 10:26 AM Last edited by joeygoyo : 18th Sep 2012 at 2:07 PM. Reason: added some more texts.
Hello, this might seems a but odd, but I already finished doing everything, and it all went smooth (referring to the exporting a_xevt_701 file and the whole simswiki tutorial) and I've got my own pose, but when I tried to the command "SMD > CLIP" it says unable to open and error...? So I was wondering, where did I do wrong? I have even made a backup file of the original CLIP file from EA's Fullbuild0.package file.

TL;DR : Why won't Animtool export my SMD file to CLIP animation? I've done everything according to the tutorial. I'm using Milkshape 1.8.4 AND 1.8.5

And now, in the 3D view my mesher rig wouldn't appear, but it appear perfectly in the skeleton view.

thanks in advance.
Page 54 of 58