Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2024 at 5:12 PM
Default Passing of 2 great Sims creators
Hi all,

It is with great sadness that I have leart, in the past day or so, of the passing of 2 great Sims creators.

The first, CmarNYC, has contributed greatly to the modding community with some excellent programs and utilities, and has been active for many years. She was a great person to talk to and very helpful! She was known for the SimRipper, various texture conversions, and being an all-round nice woman. She passed away in October 2023, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.forevermissed.com/camille-g-marinetti/about

The second, rebecah, who also ran Affinity Sims, was a prolific creator known by many in the community, who had some excellent content and provided many items for all types of Simmer. She passed away earlier this month, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.echovita.com/us/obituar...njamin-17488324

Both will be greatly missed in the community, and we here at MTS wish their families and loved ones, and all of us in the community who knew them, the best in their hour of grief.

Regards,
MTS staff

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
31 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2024 at 5:20 PM
Very sad indeed, two creators who made a huge impact on the Simming world. Lovely words @Tashiketh and I also send my condolences to their families and friends.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2024 at 10:07 PM
Very sad news! :'(
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi all,

It is with great sadness that I have leart, in the past day or so, of the passing of 2 great Sims creators.

The first, CmarNYC, has contributed greatly to the modding community with some excellent programs and utilities, and has been active for many years. She was a great person to talk to and very helpful! She was known for the SimRipper, various texture conversions, and being an all-round nice woman. She passed away in October 2023, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.forevermissed.com/camille-g-marinetti/about

The second, rebecah, who also ran Affinity Sims, was a prolific creator known by many in the community, who had some excellent content and provided many items for all types of Simmer. She passed away earlier this month, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.echovita.com/us/obituar...njamin-17488324

Both will be greatly missed in the community, and we here at MTS wish their families and loved ones, and all of us in the community who knew them, the best in their hour of grief.

Regards,
MTS staff

Wow, this is a very sad time.
Some days ago I learned about the death of TFM and Victor Andrade.
Today I just learned about Cmar and Rebecah's death...
Wow, how many beloved and talented creators are leaving us these days and so soon, I suppose.
Very, very sad!
My condolences to the families of these dear people.

Be kind, be thankful, be nice. It doesn't cost money, at all; only kindness is needed.
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2024 at 10:29 PM
My heart goes out the families. I am thankful for what they gave to us through their talent and how they enriched the lives not only of simmies but of the people who knew them. Such a sad day indeed! Thank you for letting us know.
Alchemist
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonynh0
Wow, this is a very sad time.
Today I just learned about Cmar and Rebecah's death...
Wow, how many beloved and talented creators are leaving us these days and so soon, I suppose.
Very, very sad!
My condolences to the families of these dear people.

Who is TFM?

Sad times for the Sims community.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Who is TFM?

Sad times for the Sims community.

TFM is from The Sims Asylum. I think she's the creator of the site. Her son is taking care of the site now.
I think TFM means= 2 feet mom. Just my guess.

Be kind, be thankful, be nice. It doesn't cost money, at all; only kindness is needed.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 4:22 AM
TFM is Twoftmama.

Rebecah is the only one I really know. Any time I ever needed to speak with her, she was always very kind and helpful. Some of my own cc is based on her's in some way. RIP Beck.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 4:38 PM
The works created by Cmar and rebecah were the reason why I was able to get into the Sims in the first place. Their impacts will not be forgotten. May they rest in peace
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonynh0

Victor Andrade? The one behind the SNB mod for Sims 4? Man... I don't play Sims 4 much, but that is an absolutely essential mod anytime I play. What a genius he was.

This year starts with some rough news...

My most heartfelt condolences to each one's families. I've heard about each one of the four that the community lost lately. They had amazing creations going on.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LimeyYoshi
Victor Andrade? The one behind the SNB mod for Sims 4? Man... I don't play Sims 4 much, but that is an absolutely essential mod anytime I play. What a genius he was.

This year starts with some rough news...

My most heartfelt condolences to each one's families. I've heard about each one of the four that the community lost lately. They had amazing creations going on.

Yes, @LimeyYoshi...such sad news.
I didn't know any of them personally, but these bad news had a huge impact on me.
All of you who make me happy (yes, you really do) with all your talent and creativity are already part of my life.
Eventhough we just talk or get help virtually.

P.S.: forgot to say: yes, Victor Andrade (QuackGames)

Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 9:06 PM
Such sad news. When I saw Cmar's name I gasped. Both were excellent modders but Cmar is the one quite familiar to me, she was helpful, talented, kind, and acted like a pro. Made the Sims much more playable - will be greatly missed. Condolences to everyone who knew either of them in person.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 12:42 AM
I am so sorry to hear about both of their passing. This is heartbreaking and I can imagine the grieving that their families are going through. Reading about how Cmar had pancreatic cancer struck close to home, as my mom died from that back in 2021.

May Cmar and Rebecah both rest in peace!
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 10:59 AM
It's very sad, and I was a bit surprised by their ages. I guess in my mind I always pictured models either young or middle age. It's cool to know many elderly love the game and are even a big part of the modding community.

Is it true that twoftmama and Victor Andrade also passed away? I haven't heard about this anywhere else. If so, that is sad as well. I have used mods from all of these wonderful and creative people. They will be missed and thank you to them for all the ways they've helped the community and impacted our gameplay.

EDIT: I have found the information about Victors passing. How very sad.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 11:22 AM
A bit about Victor here in case anyone else hasn't seen- so young, very sad news.
https://www.simrealist.com/post/for...ered-the-wizard
that chaos-loving Yosh'
staff: trainee moderator
#15 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mbryo3939
Is it true that twoftmama and Victor Andrade also passed away?

I just checked for you. Her son posted about it on the Sims Asylum (the place that she founded) in October last year so yeah, it's very much true. It's just a members-only website so that's probably why it took a while for this information to trickle out.
Theorist
#16 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 3:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I didn't know them personally but they were so much part of the community you can't help but feel their loss. I hope family and friends take some measure of comfort knowing they were held in such esteem in the Sims community.

Thanks for letting us know.
Space Pony
#17 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 12:26 AM
Oh wow. I'm not familiar with the first, but I've always had a healthy collection of Beck's stuff. Either way, sad news

pronouns: they/them
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LimeyYoshi
I just checked for you. Her son posted about it on the Sims Asylum (the place that she founded) in October last year so yeah, it's very much true. It's just a members-only website so that's probably why it took a while for this information to trickle out.

Oh okay, I will look there. I am actually a member there so I should be able to read it. So sad to lose so many great minds in the Sim community in such a short time. It's a shame.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 4:56 AM
the only name I recognized on here was CmarNYC, but it still sucks that cmar and the other people passed. my condolences to their family and friends.

i don't go around pretending to be someone i'm not.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 6:11 AM Last edited by porkypine : 25th Jan 2024 at 6:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi all,

Regards,
MTS staff

CMAR and Rebecah!? Oh NO! What a loss! I will miss them. Fantastic creators, both of them.
Alchemist
#21 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 9:33 AM
Default Rip
Very sad for the news, I used their mods and contents for a better playing experience.
Very very sad.
My hugs to their families and friends
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 6:52 PM Last edited by phoenixpaine : 25th Jan 2024 at 7:13 PM. Reason: New information.
Sad news indeed.

I was amazed to read that both of these women were in their 70s. I'm barely half their ages! It's heartening to see how strong the threads are that keep us together across generations.

I've been listening to older Dido songs for quite some hours over the past couple days. Fitting that the album I'm on while reading this is Safe Trip Home. Grafton Street is a beautiful song and feels right for the occasion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl6u0SVtGUo

And I just read about twoftmama and Victor Andrade. Heavy sigh.

I maybe have no more patience for ModTheSims. You can find me on Patreon, Reddit, CurseForge, and NexusMods with my not-so-solitary BodyHair mod and a handful of guides. I'm also sometimes active in the r/Sims4 Troubleshooting Thread.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Jan 2024 at 7:57 PM
Damn, my heart sank when I saw the news. I hope they're both resting in peace
Forum Resident
#24 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 1:57 PM
Very sad news. I also hadn't heard the news about twoftmama and Victor Andrade, which is such blow to learn on top of Cmar and Rebecah. What a huge loss to the community in a relatively short amount of time. I send my sincere condolences to all of their loved ones.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 2:52 PM Last edited by Charity : 3rd Feb 2024 at 6:10 AM.
I don't know the two TS4 people and I only vaguely remember twoftmama, but my condolences to their families.

I use Becks stuff a lot and always remember her being helpful.

So sad to lose them all.
Page 1 of 3