Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 10th Apr 2024 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
I love how Dirk Dreamer comforts Lilith Pleasant, when her parents publicly bully her. They were all at the Goth Manor for a party. Dirk was being so sweet and would caress Lilith after her parents harassed her.

Watching the Department of Children and Families go after her parents isn't something that would make me say "aww" but is something I would thoroughly enjoy. Watching the story line of her and Angela being adopted materialize in the game on the other hand was cute. Seeing Dirk hold his Blue Crew cheerleader (Lily) in his arms after he proposed at the same campanile Cody proposed to Angela at was adorable; it's like a whole different side of Lily was brought out when she was no longer being treated like garbage. The Pleasant twins are just awesome in general.

When I made Roxy, a Mad Gear member from Final Fight, it was kind of a joke turning her into a goodie-two-shoes, but seeing the end result materialized was actually kind of cute/awesome. She ended up becoming one of my favorites, something I wasn't expecting at first.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 5:26 PM
My favourite is the toddler/pet animations. I will never get tired of that. Adults snuggling a toddler is SO cute too. And I agree the animations on the two Store baby items are perfect. I couldn't believe it when sims 3 babies turned out to be permanently swaddled making them look so maggoty! Especially since, it turns out, they actually have bodies under all of that!

A funny/cute one - have you ever had a sim teach their pet to "play dead"? This is absolutely hilarious because the sim will pretend to die (very realistically!) and the first time around, the pet actually looks worried and goes to sniff them to check they are OK. Then the sim gets up and the pet is so relieved.

On the devastatingly heartbreaking side - the way that a bonded pet reacts when their owner actually dies. It's too much

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#53 Old 11th Apr 2024 at 5:38 PM
The store baby items saved babies. I use the danglemonster so much just to get them out of their cribs and in the same room as the rest of the family.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 7:24 AM
The Welcome Wagon is one of my favorite things, and I have had many good friendships and relationships grew from that.

It is especially nice when you move in a single sim as an intended partner for one of your hood's single sims - and he knocks on the door, leading the welcome wagon Love at first sight, awwww....
Instructor
#55 Old 12th Apr 2024 at 4:17 PM
Yet another Pets related cute feature: Clicking on the Pets EP icon while on the neighbourhood screen plays a woof sound from a puppy besides from displaying the usual EP description!

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I like CC lots. Why does everyone avoid them so much? XD

I've had previous issues with CC included in lots, so I tend to avoid them these days.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#57 Old 13th Apr 2024 at 9:24 PM
I like CC lots. Why does everyone avoid them so much? XD

Unless it's a stylized lot concept, I rarely see Maxis match lots where the CC items make or break the overall vision of the lot for me. I'd rather have the CC free version and use CC I already have to tweak the lot versus adding a random assortment of CC recolors or items that just happen to be that builder's fav.

FWIW, I upload a shell of my houses that are unfurnished and undecorated and still get about 50% of the downloads of the fully furnished version. Sometimes people hate your vision and just want the shell
Mad Poster
#58 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Unless it's a stylized lot concept, I rarely see Maxis match lots where the CC items make or break the overall vision of the lot for me. I'd rather have the CC free version and use CC I already have to tweak the lot versus adding a random assortment of CC recolors or items that just happen to be that builder's fav.

FWIW, I upload a shell of my houses that are unfurnished and undecorated and still get about 50% of the downloads of the fully furnished version. Sometimes people hate your vision and just want the shell

I'm far too lazy and untalented to furnish stuff myself. XD
Mad Poster
#59 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 1:57 PM
I'm far too lazy and untalented to furnish stuff myself. XD

IKEA furniture in literally every house. It matches everything.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#60 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 9:11 AM
I just started a new hood, and the Ferndale family has been growing at an alarming rate.

As dad comes home from work, the first kid runs out to hug him but

the youngest toddler is a very active litte sim and he crawls out at Olympic record speed to Dad at the mailbox too (Awwwww).
Mad Poster
#61 Old 16th Apr 2024 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
IKEA furniture in literally every house. It matches everything.

Not in the medieval period it does not...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#62 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 8:46 PM
The unintentional hilarity of the social debug dialogs.

Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 2:52 AM
The most bizarre part there is that the options are "Accept" and "Decline". It's either "Yeah, okay, you're right, bad timing, maybe we can talk about this again in a few weeks" or "No, I don't care how you feel, we are getting married NOW."

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#64 Old 23rd Apr 2024 at 2:18 AM
-Other sims' silly reactions to PDA depending on their personality/relationship. Recently I had a teen reacted with "You're crazy!" and rolled her eyes at her parents slow-dancing in the living room. Then I had a shy sim shake her head in disapproval at her cousin making out with her boyfriend

-The moment when a sim's last name changes on their cursor after marriage. For some reason, that makes the marriage feel more official than just fulfilling the wants.
Page 3 of 3