Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#276 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 10:23 AM
i had the same issue as the other two with the stencil not showing up using an adult male shirt, i started from scratch again with a teen male shirt and it worked! i dont know if i did something wrong or if the adult mesh is just silly, but im a beginner at this so i probably made a mistake with the adult shirt. but thanks for the tutorial! ive never attempted to make something without it failing miserablely! so i think i can live without the adult shirts working particually well, unless they do work? like i said im new to making custom content i just download everyone elses.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#277 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 6:57 PM Last edited by XJonasX : 15th Jul 2010 at 3:08 PM.
I'm sorry I didn't read through the entire 12 pages, but is there a shirt mesh know that takes 4 colors? Because I really need an extra color, and can't get it to work this way ...

preferably a mesh for a shirt that looks "untucked"
Test Subject
#278 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 9:36 PM
Semi-shortcut for the improvised alpha in Photoshop:

You will want to show the shirt texture underneath your stencil for this. After making an alpha channel for your stencil, select all on the layer that your stencil is on. Using the move tool, move the stencil a bit (Don't nudge with the arrow keys) until the marquee surrounds the outline of the stencil. Move your stencil back into place on the shirt texture. Without deselecting, make the alpha channel visible and make sure it is selected on the channel list. Use the Paint Bucket tool to fill in the selection with white.

Any member of the Sims Wiki please add this, if you feel it is useful.
Field Researcher
#279 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 7:32 PM
Having screwed up once, I'm fairly certain I followed the tutorial correctly the second time around. Though I'm pretty slow, and haven't seen what the finished product is supposed to look like, my image is pink-tinted, interpolated and properly aligned. So in theory..it should work. However, when I move on to the next tutorial.. putting these stencils to use, it doesn't seem to be working. I've gotten as far as committing a new design, but it doesn't appear on the model. IE, the shirt remains blank. I'm not quite sure what I've done wrong here, but I could use some patient, step-by-step guidance. :3

Most people learn by observation, and there are the few who learn by experimentation. And then there are those who actually TOUCH the fire to see if it's really hot.
Test Subject
#280 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 1:40 AM
I dont get how to save it for paint.net
Test Subject
#281 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 10:58 AM
I know this is an old thread with the most recent reply being from Feb. but I only started doing mods this weekend and I just wanted to say thanks for the tutorial. I couldn't figure out how to do one step in PSP 9 so I installed Paint.NET and used that instead. I followed the tutorial step-by-step and created the sample shirt just fine. I then branched out on my own and didn't do too bad; one exception is an adult female shirt that stretched the images vertically for some reason but since today is the very first time I've done shirts I'm not too bothered by it.

So a big thanks to everyone who's created these programs and tutorials.
Test Subject
#282 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:44 AM
Need Help
recently downloaded cas unitool to try to make some clothes but it opens then gives me error codes and refuses to do anything past openig screen. I'm sure this is becuase i'm running windows 7 64 bit version. Tryed windows compatiability for xp and vista with same results. Suggestions?
Test Subject
#283 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 11:30 AM
Oh,great tutorial,thanks!
Test Subject
#284 Old 18th May 2011 at 2:34 AM
Hello here is the problem I am having. I get this message

unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you clcick quit, the application will close immediately.
Could not fint a part of the path
c:\ueser\roxie\downloads\mts_ctu_team_987146_castextureunitool\casparts\cmtopnude.caspart
Field Researcher
#285 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:17 AM
Great tutorial Dal -- I've had a little experience with alpha channels in the past and these instructions were really easy to follow. When I took my stencil to the next tut though, they kept showing as blank. After a little experimenting I found that saving in the DXT3 ARGB 8bpp | explicit alpha format doesn't seem to work in Photoshop CS5 64-bit. Once the file was saved in the "DXT5 -/- |explicit alpha" format all my stencils started showing up. Hope this helps anyone else having problems on a 64-bit OS.
Test Subject
#286 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:38 PM
Not sure if people knew this or not, but if you are using photoshop elements 8/9 (not sure about but highly likely 7). The alpha channel is called 'vector mask' and can be added by clicking the square button with just a dot in its center. the button is found in the panel bin at the bottom of the layer panel. It can be edited by using Alt+click to select the vector mask linked to the layer.

I hope this helps.
Field Researcher
#287 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 10:11 AM
Default Tutorial for Mac?
I tried to follow this tutorial on my Mac but was unable to install both the DDS Plug-In and the CAS Texture Unitool. I followed all the steps to install and nothing will open.

Is it possible to create stencils on a Mac? Using Photoshop?
P.S. I'd really rather not download another image editor that I'm unfamiliar with so if there is I'd really like to know. I'm getting very frustrated. )=
Test Subject
#288 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 10:47 PM
Help
I follow this to a tee and it goes as planned, but when I get to the final step I replace the stencil and it does not show up under stencil #1. Any tips?
Test Subject
#289 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 10:38 PM Last edited by OmNom : 28th Aug 2011 at 11:03 PM.
Thanks for this awesome tutorial! It's wonderful! Now my Sims can wear volleyball district champion shirts XD
Test Subject
#290 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:02 AM
Default pROBLEM
hi when i tried to open my dds file in photoshop (CS5) it said "Could not complete your request becaus it is not the right type of document" please help is it the version of my photoshop?
Test Subject
#291 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roxiemo
Hello here is the problem I am having. I get this message

unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you clcick quit, the application will close immediately.
Could not fint a part of the path
c:\ueser\roxie\downloads\mts_ctu_team_987146_castextureunitool\casparts\cmtopnude.caspart

You have to download the Caspart in the same place where you downloaded your castextureunitool
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 2:53 PM Last edited by SapphireSparx : 19th Nov 2011 at 3:40 PM.
Quick question:
I'm new to MTS. I tried out this tutorial and it worked in my game, but i couldn't get the patterns to work behind the stencil. Any advice? Oh and I was using paint.net, which means i can't mess around with the ARGB channels.
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xDHEYxD
hi when i tried to open my dds file in photoshop (CS5) it said "Could not complete your request becaus it is not the right type of document" please help is it the version of my photoshop?

Did you download the DDS plug-in for photoshop?
Test Subject
#294 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 8:38 PM
How to get a design? I can't choose any, in other words there are no designs.

Stupid problems I alway get. Never the problems a lot of people have. Always the problems that only I have.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#295 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 9:09 PM
Click Add... Add Blank.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#296 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Click Add... Add Blank.

I can't. The button of "add new design" is grey and I can't click it.
But thanks for the fast answer.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#297 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 2:49 PM
In that case, you either haven't picked an item to clone; or you've been fiddling with the mesh.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#298 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
In that case, you either haven't picked an item to clone; or you've been fiddling with the mesh.

Well I do get an error every time I click an item...
It says it can't find the item.
Test Subject
#299 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 3:24 PM
OK no need to answer anymore, I redownloaded (I messed some things up to try to make it work) and I put the casparts-folder in the folder of the unitool.
That was the solution.
Test Subject
#300 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 1:50 PM
good information
Page 12 of 13