Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2023 at 10:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Help with random objects CC/Non CC randomly having weird clipping?
So i recently noticed that some pieces of clothing/hair ( Mainly CC and mainly hair ) and its textures have become all choppy within game, badly in CAS but slightly better in game but it's still very noticeable.. ( Images below )

What could of caused this and what can i do to fix this? I've never once experienced this happening and i know it's not the CC itself as it never used to do this.. the fact its worse in CAS makes this harder for me to understand as to why its happening...

Does anyone know a list of possible causes and possible fix's?

Thanks
Screenshots

Playin' it Doe.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jun 2023 at 12:45 PM
I'd check to see if your hardware had an update. Usually, when my video card updates, it messes with the settings.

Other than that, I've no idea why it would do that.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 3:36 PM Last edited by sadurino : 18th Jun 2023 at 8:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ChickenMadam
I'd check to see if your hardware had an update. Usually, when my video card updates, it messes with the settings.

Other than that, I've no idea why it would do that.

( Removed wording due to user ladysmoks giving me a telling off ) My Nvidia Geforce did an update and i noticed this happening right after.. what can i do to fix it? can i revert back? or what can i do to fix this other than reverting the update?

Playin' it Doe.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Jun 2023 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sadurino
FUCK! My Nvidia Geforce did an update and i noticed this happening right after.. what can i do to fix it? can i revert back? or what can i do to fix this other than reverting the update?

If you can remember your settings in Game Options, you can reset them to where they were before the update. I always have to start the game, reset all the settings in Game Options (mirrors and water, etc) and that usually will put things back.

I joke that nVidia's a bit too optimistic when it comes to Sims 3's graphic abilities. XD (I run off of the settings for the 9800 GT - I think this is the setting that I used originally (I now have a 1060 but enh)

I'd also, in a pinch, check the graphicsrules.sgr settings. Mostly, though, all I've ever had to do is go into Game Options and reset the levels to what I used before.

I'm sorry I'm not more help other than repeating what I've used before.

Dead Ringers
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 1:52 PM
If you can remember your settings in Game Options, you can reset them to where they were before the update. I always have to start the game, reset all the settings in Game Options (mirrors and water, etc) and that usually will put things back.

I joke that nVidia's a bit too optimistic when it comes to Sims 3's graphic abilities. XD (I run off of the settings for the 9800 GT - I think this is the setting that I used originally (I now have a 1060 but enh)

I'd also, in a pinch, check the graphicsrules.sgr settings. Mostly, though, all I've ever had to do is go into Game Options and reset the levels to what I used before.

I'm sorry I'm not more help other than repeating what I've used before.

So should i remove my Options.ini and LoadOption.ini from my directory and see if that fixes things as it would be a fresh setting?

Playin' it Doe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2023 at 1:53 PM
Bumping this for more help, im gonna try the above advice but it would be good for more opinions and solutions.

Playin' it Doe.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Jun 2023 at 7:42 PM
So should i remove my Options.ini and LoadOption.ini from my directory and see if that fixes things as it would be a fresh setting?

Oh no, that's not what I do. I just load the game and fix the graphics options from the options menu in game.

Dead Ringers
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 5:17 PM
Oh no, that's not what I do. I just load the game and fix the graphics options from the options menu in game.

Can u possibly explain in detail what you do?

Playin' it Doe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jun 2023 at 8:18 PM Last edited by sadurino : 19th Jun 2023 at 1:46 PM.
Default RE: Help with Textures/Graphics being Choppy.
So i've posted here before asking for help but im reposting it due to adding more information so hopefully this time a solution can come around to my problem.

I randomly noticed one day when i booted my game up that the textures and graphics for items especially hairs had gone choppy.

See Example Pic's Here

So to clarify i had done nothing to my game for this to happen, no new CC, no new mods at all, nothing in the game directory. Someone did suggest me updating a driver could of done this and i had actually just updated a driver through Geforce Experience so now im thinking that could be the cause of this but i have no clue on how to solve this.

Does anyone know of any fixes? or even other possible causes? I really like perfection when it comes to my sims' hair, clothes etc and with them being choppy it bothers me.

Any help and or advice is welcomed.

Thank you.

Playin' it Doe.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 1:47 AM
( Removed wording due to user ladysmoks giving me a telling off ) My Nvidia Geforce did an update and i noticed this happening right after.. what can i do to fix it? can i revert back? or what can i do to fix this other than reverting the update?

Well, as I recall, you typed a 4 letter word that rhymes with duck, that a moderator might find problematic, as this is a PG13 site, which I was reminded of after posting a link to my work on a not so PG13 site.

I sent you a PM about it, as to not bring moderator attention, and you could have simply edited your post. It was far from "telling you off".
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 8:55 AM
Can u possibly explain in detail what you do?

Um, it should be in the posts I linked to you on the website above.

I start the game, I go into "Options" and click "Graphics".

I then use the following options.

Enable Object Hiding: Off
Enable Reflections : On
Edge Smoothing: Low
Visual Effects: Medium
Lighting and shadows: Medium
Tree Detail: Medium
Enable Animation Smoothing : On
Enable Advanced Rendering : Off
Draw Distance: High
High Detail Lots: 1
Texture Detail: Medium
Sim Detail: Low

Now if you want, you can pop up Sim Detail and Texture Detail to high and very high (usually what I do with my nVidia) and drop the draw distance.

But like I said, I use the game to take pretty pictures/tell stories, so your mileage may vary.

Dead Ringers
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 8:56 AM
Seriously? Asking help for a question you've already posted and not being patient as to the solution? Ridiculous.

Dead Ringers
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 1:29 PM
Seriously? Asking help for a question you've already posted and not being patient as to the solution? Ridiculous.

It's not that i'm not patient so how dare you accuse me of that, i was reposting this with more info and more pics to clearly show the issue more. Don't get all rude all because i wanted to provide more info. Such a snarky person.

Playin' it Doe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Well, as I recall, you typed a 4 letter word that rhymes with duck, that a moderator might find problematic, as this is a PG13 site, which I was reminded of after posting a link to my work on a not so PG13 site.

I sent you a PM about it, as to not bring moderator attention, and you could have simply edited your post. It was far from "telling you off".

Well it was a telling off, i fixed the issue and i pointed out that you brought the supposed issue to my attention so i was just giving you credit for helping me within that area.

Playin' it Doe.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 6:36 PM
Well it was a telling off, i fixed the issue and i pointed out that you brought the supposed issue to my attention so i was just giving you credit for helping me within that area.

Well, I, and most others would see it at helpful information given in private trying to avoid a moderator getting involved with your language. Sorry you got so butt hurt. Reason I came to the post again was that I may have found something to help with your problem, but find myself disinclined to share under the circumstances. Good luck!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 19th Jun 2023 at 7:33 PM
If you add the extra information to your original thread, then the people who are trying to help you there can see it too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Well, I, and most others would see it at helpful information given in private trying to avoid a moderator getting involved with your language. Sorry you got so butt hurt. Reason I came to the post again was that I may have found something to help with your problem, but find myself disinclined to share under the circumstances. Good luck!

That's fine i guess, you feel some type of way about how i edited my wording and credited you with pointing it out, with no harm included but if you feel so offended then i guess i can't change that. I'm sorry i made you feel like i was targetting you and if you're withholding the info i get it, holding it over my head because you're upset. Anyways i'll keep trying to have my issue resolved. Hope i didn't get you too upset <3

Playin' it Doe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you add the extra information to your original thread, then the people who are trying to help you there can see it too.

I guess i thought making a new thread with the new info would be a good thing but i guess a few people on here see that as a negative. oh well.

Playin' it Doe.
Instructor
#19 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 5:13 AM
It is a negative, especially since your last post was within a few days, if it was a different question to a different issue then it would have been fine, but try to keep updates for the same problem in the same thread. It is polite and keeps things neat and better organized. It doesn't help alot for people trying to help to have to go back and forth between different threads.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 3:28 PM
Can the two threads be merged to help with this issue?

Dead Ringers
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
It is a negative, especially since your last post was within a few days, if it was a different question to a different issue then it would have been fine, but try to keep updates for the same problem in the same thread. It is polite and keeps things neat and better organized. It doesn't help alot for people trying to help to have to go back and forth between different threads.

Ah i apologise, is it possible to merge thread?

Playin' it Doe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 3:54 PM
Can the two threads be merged to help with this issue?

Sorry if i came across as rude or i had no patience, i just don't know how to properly provide info so i thought a new thread would be better

Playin' it Doe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

Sorry for the late reply, if i can ask what would be the best way of explaining my issues and providing info?

Playin' it Doe.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 24th Jun 2023 at 4:51 PM
Do what was suggested to you in posts #4 and post #11, then report back on the results in this thread. That's usually how it goes.
Also, check out the site rules here:
https://modthesims.info/t/517758
Especially numbers 11 and 13 in post #3 which relate to multi posting.

Add any additional info here also.