Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2011 at 9:53 PM
Moving Joints?
O.K I made these really tall shoes

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and I was wondering... How can assign these? I thought maybe if I moved the calf joints, it would fix the problem, but whenever I move the calf and foot joints, the modified joints/bones don't save.

Is there anyway I can move the joints and save the joints to this body mesh?
(export it with Sims2unimesh Exporter V4.09)
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 26th May 2011 at 10:36 PM
Nope, it is not possible to edit a sims 2 skeleton
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2011 at 10:55 PM
Oh, ok
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th May 2011 at 6:39 AM
While editing the Sim skeleton is generally not practical, because everything including animations was designed to fit one skeleton layout, If I am remembering this properly, you can edit the Sim itself, in the CRES block, to position it above the ground somewhat. That would probably work for some purposes, but the walk animations might not all go well with those tall shoes.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2011 at 8:29 PM
Can you be a bit more specific? generally for these shoes? To be honest I've never played with the CRES block before
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 28th May 2011 at 10:33 PM
I think Wes means you first create a sim ingame and dress it with those shoes.(ans save him/her)
That particular sim you can open in SimPE and lift it up a little changing its cres file.

You best go a little less extreme and assigne the whole shoe to the calf joint in my opinion
Alchemist
#7 Old 29th May 2011 at 6:56 AM
Yeah, that was what I meant. The global skeleton gets copied to the Sim when they are created, changes to the global skeleton would wreck almost everything... I think that there is a template CRES that CAS uses in the .package files, but I am not recommending anyone other than someone bent on research or disaster try changing that. Changing the CRES of a created Sim only modifies that character copy.

The reason I thought about the CRES was that for that high a shoe, the only way to work with the hips at the default height and have the bottom part of the shoes above ground would be to shorten the legs. And that amount of leg and calf shortening would produce a character that would look like a side-show freak. If you raised the Sims in the air some, these shoes should fill the gap between the feet and ground. Now I can think there could be other side effects... the sim may float in a chair, or on a bed. Not sure, I never tried making something like this. However, remember all the animations were created for a Sim of the standard height, so things that fall too far from the norms might be able to work standing, but then fail during ordinary play.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 6:37 PM
Thanks for the help, I'm a filmmaker I don't use sims for ordinary game play though