Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 11:16 PM
Default Environment and Hygiene, Can we make sims ignore them?
Kinda getting tired of making the same well groomed nice housed 9-5 people surrounded by dozens just like them, so im trying to make some unsavory types for my neighborhoods. People who don't give a hoot about there hygiene for one, people who don't care if there is garbage all over the floor.

Kinda makes more interesting stories when not everyone is perfectly well adjusted, especially parents
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Dec 2007 at 1:20 AM
To affect hygiene, you would need to modify every object (shower and tub) that advertises hygiene. With environment, you'd need to modify all the garbage-like objects that can affect environment. That would be a lot of pie menu tables.

On top of that, you would have issues with food preparation that you'd have to hack around.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 3:30 AM
was hoping that there would be an eaisier way.

Thanks anyway.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#4 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DazzaJay
Kinda getting tired of making the same well groomed nice housed 9-5 people surrounded by dozens just like them, so im trying to make some unsavory types for my neighborhoods. People who don't give a hoot about there hygiene for one, people who don't care if there is garbage all over the floor.
There is, in fact, a way, but it involves a certain amount of complicated fudging and bit-twiddling. I utilize the method in one of the Undiscovered Shinies, but it's highly situationally specific and not really suitable for export.

Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
To affect hygiene, you would need to modify every object (shower and tub) that advertises hygiene. With environment, you'd need to modify all the garbage-like objects that can affect environment. That would be a lot of pie menu tables.
Naw, a more clever trick is simply to cache the target motive to be ignored in a temporary attribute, then max it out, perform FBA, and restore the cached value. With "hygiene" maxed out, for instance, the sim will, at time of FBA, perceive hygiene as maxed out, and thus not consider it. Also, unsetting the "Motive contributes to mood" bit will cause it not to contribute to the sim's mood, so a sim won't care if the environment is shit, for instance. Unfortunately, mood-adjust is binary, and using this caching method for reduced-advertising requires some tricky math not easily described here, and again, not suitable for export.

Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
On top of that, you would have issues with food preparation that you'd have to hack around.
Why would this cause issues in food preparation? Food preparation doesn't utilize hygiene or environment.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 6:33 AM
Food preparation mostly relies on not having garbage on the counters. If you lower the effect of dirty dishes, you'll create kitchen hazards.