Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 2:46 PM
Default Flag to show which EP an object needs?
I have been doing some research into what happens to existing installations when you install a new EP, in the right order or the wrong order.

I have noticed that later EPs seem to include objects from earlier EPs, as they come off the CD even! But if you don't have the EP, they don't show in the catalogue when you're playing.

Does anyone know where the flag is stored that defines which EP an object is meant for? Or how else the game decides not to put it in the Buy catalogue. I can't see anything obvious in the OBJD.

I am trying to understand how all these things fit together to help with the design of the PSJE plugins, and would not use the information to dishonestly make objects available to people without the right EPs. Mail me [email protected] if you don't want to post the information publicly.

TIA
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 11:05 AM
These flags are stored in OBJD, Unused - dynamic sprites base id (Sims1).

0x01 - Original
0x02 - Uni
0x04 - NL
0x08 - OfB
0x10 - FFS
0x20 - GLS
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 1:11 PM
Thanks very much Shy, I bet quite a few of those fields have out of date labels now