Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Deleting Sims (for example, using the Family bin delete button, or by selling the grave) has been proven safe:

Not just safe, but this was by design- Maxis intended for it to work like that. What's not good though is physically removing character files from the neighbourhood userdata folder- for example, by yanking a MultiPT mod or deleting the NPC files from a mod which has custom NPCs.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Deleting Sims (for example, using the Family bin delete button, or by selling the grave) has been proven safe:
https://youtu.be/2cB67DGDXFQ

True, because characterfiles are then not deleted. But are you sure it works the same way when deleting an NPC like the ones Rebeccah used for her animals?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Theorist
#28 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 8:53 PM
That's what I'm trying to ask. And simsample answered. Thanks, that does make sense.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That's why I have different sets of CC for different games.

That's also what Vicky is trying to help with. If your NPCs are tied to her then there's only one file that you can't delete.

I am definitely taking Vicky on - I have not actually played a lot since I stopped building - just around Desiderata Valley. I am going to try that beginning of Pleasantview and can just as well make the switch to Vicky now

(and thank you for your help on the other thread )
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 5:15 PM
I once had a lot with several of Rebecah's chickens or chicks, and after deleting them from the Downloads folder the lot wouldn't load anymore. But that was years and years ago and I don't remember the details of other bad things I used to do.
Page 2 of 2