Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 5:31 AM
Default Bon Voyage Patch
Ok, hi! So I tried looking for an answer to this question, and couldn't really find one:

I just download BV from the origin site. I have no complaints about that, BUT I remember there were massive problems with the expansion when it first came out (I had it on my old computer). I think there were endlessly spawning NPCs and things like that? Basically if you didn't download the patch your game would eventually implode or something.

My question is, do I still need to download that old patch? If I still had my old BV disc from the original installation I would have gone ahead and installed it already, but since I downloaded the expansion I feel like it must be more updated? But I'm not sure,and I don't really want to download the patch if I don't have to.

Thanks! I hope I put this in the right section; I figured it didn't belong in Q&A since I'm not technically dealing with a glitch (?).
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 9:05 AM
Hmm, hard question anna, i really want to help you. I don't think you're computer will freak out if you download the patch and its already a patched game. Otherwise you could backup your game, save the backup on you're computer and try downloading the patch. If something goes wrong you have the backup!
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 10:31 AM
Nothing bad will happen if you download and try patching BV if it's already patched -- you'll just get a little box pop up which says "Your Sims 2 Installation is already up to date" (or something similar; I got it a couple of times when I re-installed the sims 2 a month ago when I was patching the early EPs). I would imagine that the digital download from Origin comes pre-patched, but it doesn't hurt just to make sure