Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 11:31 PM
Default More Sims at Community Lots Cheat
In my userStartup.cheat I put "intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 50" right at the top of the list so community lots will have up to 50 Sims, but still I only see around 15 Sims going to community lots. What am I doing wrong? Does this cheat not work in the config files or something?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 11:34 PM
It works, but it also depends if your computer can handle it or not. What are your specs? If they are not high enough it's your computers way of stopping itself from crashing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 1:50 AM
It might be that your community lot isn't big enough, I think there are hardcoded limits. I have mine set to 14 but in my apocalypse hood there is only one community lot and it is bare with just a freezer and a magazine stand, and only 2 other sims ever show up there at a time.

I don't think it's to do with specs, because the cheat overrides the game limit which is set by specs.

Another thought is if you have the visitor controller set up to ban certain groups of sims, there might not be enough sims who fit the criteria that you have set.

Edit: Are these owned businesses or non owned community lots? The criteria for selecting customers is a whole different routine to the thing which selects who and how many sims will appear on normal community lots (I'm not sure which one is used when you visit an owned comm lot as a customer). I think that the criteria is different for lots placed in a downtown, too. They're supposed to be busier and spawn more downtownies rather than normal townies.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 2:08 AM
The lots I go to are unowned community lots. I have 4 AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz processors. But I've thrown parties where I invited around 30 different Sims and the game still ran good enough for me, so why does it insist at stopping at 15?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 2:09 AM
I have a maximum limit of Sims set to 12, since having 12 Sims on the lot, while not exactly satisfying, at least looks better than 2 Sims occupying a gigantic park. Having 50 Sims would take a toll on many computers, since it needs to render each one of them at the same time, even if the camera isn't pointed at them. That will probably fry most graphics cards, except maybe the super-expensive ones. The ones I dream about, but 1. I can't afford and 2. I don't need, I'm not a graphics designer.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 2:14 AM
Try changing the limit in a smaller way, perhaps change it to 20 or 25 and see if more show up. It might be that 50 passes some kind of hard coded limit. You could try looking at SimWardrobe too, it sounds like the kind of hack they would have. I know they have one for parties and one for owned businesses.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 2:28 AM
Here is what is in my file.

intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20
uintProp maxTotalSims 55
uintProp maxTotalHumans 40
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 3:10 AM
I guess I'll try changing it to 20 to see if that does anything. My logic was that the bigger you make the number, the more Sims there would be, but now I see that might not be the case.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 3:27 AM
That logic certainly doesn't work everywhere, at least to me. If you asked me to make 5 mugs of coffee for you, I'd probably roll out 5 mugs. If you'd ask for 3 million, I might just run off without making any, just so my arms don't fall off from all that work!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 10:43 AM
The maximum limit is set at 50 but the game generates sims as it plays. It won't generate 50 all at once (or even get that far in your session). I set my limit at 20 or something - I don't usually get that many but I do get more than 5 - usually about 12, I think.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 4:10 PM
When I first arrive at a lot the game will spew about 8 Sims to the lot, stops for a while, then those Sims leave over time while more keep coming. I guess the game has it's own little engine it uses that can't be changed.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:40 PM
Is there a modded item that can do this? Right now, I use the Christianlov phone and easy-invite my user-mades. My nightclub looks sad with just five Sims. I'd rather not directly play around with the files and sometimes, i don't want as many Sims at a particular time. (For example, my club owner may decide to had a private party with a few select customers.)

Actually, maybe the phone is the best in my case.

And no, the size of the lot doesn't matter. I believe the reputation of your business helps, though.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:59 PM
Gazania, if it's an owned lot then the customer limit adjuster from simwardrobe works.