Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2014 at 9:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Pets, Seasons
Default Sim not aging up, going invisible, household won't load
I really hope I didn't miss anything in the FAQ! lol (Running the Sims 3, met all performance requirements)

First: the issue! I have a Sim in one of my families who did not age up from YA to A. When this happened, I quit without saving, then reloaded the game. I tried the cheat to force the age progression and was met with the same result. This happens with the cheat, when they age up on their own, and when using the birthday cake. So far, it's only happening to one Sim in one family. I have had this issue before in other games, and thought it was due to the custom content. I was having trouble with my child female Sims aging up to teens. I thought I had solved it by giving them base game hair as a child, before moving them to a custom content hair in their teens. The problem was solved. Then I had to restart the game (for other reasons) and was problem free for quite a while, but now the issue is back, but it's affecting YA's, not children.

I have tried splitting up the family and moving the affected Sim to the clipboard, but then am unable to place them anywhere. I click a house and nothing happens. I have tried moving out the whole household to the clipboard, then to a new house, but was met with the same result. So, I checked the "Game Help: Sims 3 Game Problem" page, and I've done the following:
- removed all custom content - this did not solve the problem
- changed the file name to The Sims 3 backup - this started a whole new game, no custom content, no current families - I had a problem with this, as my issue doesn't happen immediately, and doesn't happen with every family. I was unsure of how long I would have to play a new game to see the issue arise. If completely necessary, I will run a whole new game under the "backup" file to see if it occurs again.

Before I attempt to check every custom content file to find a problem file, I thought I'd see if anyone knew of a solution - has this happened before to someone else?

Anyway, any advice would be wonderful. Please let me know if you require further information.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th May 2014 at 3:21 PM
If removing custom content doesn't solve the problem, the custom content is probably not the problem. It's more likely that the sim who is refusing to age has become corrupted. Error Trap and/or Overwatch from NRAAS might be able to salvage them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2014 at 8:57 PM
A glitched sim can be pretty annoying. From what you describe, it has progressed to a point that you may not be able to save them. If it's possible, it would be with the suggestions that Ghost gave. You'll need to go to Nraas Industries - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ and get Overwatch and/or ErrorTrap and try them. Be sure to read up on how to use them properly.

If you reach a point where you no longer care or wish to save the sim, the best thing to would be to get MasterController (also at Nraas Industries) and use the Total Annihilation option to completely remove the sim from your game. Leaving a glitched sim go can and will result in not being able to save the game, unable to click on anything in the game, or not being able to load the game at all. Better to cut your losses and remove the sim as opposed to losing the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2014 at 4:44 AM Last edited by maye_faire : 13th May 2014 at 4:50 AM. Reason: Added more info
Thank you both so much for the help! I'll give those options a try, and like you say, if all else fails, better to remove the glitched sim.

I'm just reading the FAQ's now for NRAAS Overwatch, and I'm so excited! It looks like this is exactly what I need! I hope it works! Thank you both, again!!