Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 31st May 2010 at 7:24 PM
Some quest features in a disturbed state from the git-go!

I played WA on my home computer and had many completed quests with my only Sim. Then I fresh-installed the base game and WA on a new laptop. I did not import anything from the home computer. I created a new Sim and began the adventure string with her. To my great surprise and dismay, several of the tombs and James Landgrabb's house are partly disturbed. I cannot understand how this could be, given that the game is new and my Sim is new and in no way related to my first Sim...except I used the same surname. That shouldn't matter since the game is fresh on my laptop, should it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 4:39 PM
I'm having a nightmare of a time with WA,
I started having problems with the Burning sands tomb, (yes one of the easiest, though none are particularly difficult) I got the quest for the flame fruit and off my sim went, I got into the tomb and the first door on the right needs a keystone! did I have the keystone? No! could I find the keystone? No! was the quest supposed to put it in my inventory as soon as I took the quest? Yes! and it didn't, So I started looking into game guides and forum ect.. only to find that many people are experiencing issues with WA,

My current sim a 3rd generation and the 2nd generation to adventure, no resets apart from loot as they were the same household for a while and splitting them up didn't reset anything and I dont know how it happened but I left my game running for a short time while doing house work only to come back and find that she had married and somehow had a kid in france, annoyed wasn't the word seeing I dont know how this happened in the short time I was away from the game... Anyhow that is not the only problem, I zenported into Landgrabb Mansion in frances statue room and moved stuff about and got the traps disabled and certain doors opened, only to return on a quest for some documents only to not be able to retrace steps or open up doors I could prior to accepting the quest nor can I pick up loot nor the objective of my quest even though its shining and I know where it is.

Game is totalled and I've been looking for a reset or just wondered if I could deleted my current game and just un-install and reinstalled WA with out having to reinstalling the other EP/SP'S?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babyboo123
My current sim a 3rd generation and the 2nd generation to adventure, no resets apart from loot as they were the same household for a while and splitting them up didn't reset anything and I dont know how it happened but I left my game running for a short time while doing house work only to come back and find that she had married and somehow had a kid in france, annoyed wasn't the word seeing I dont know how this happened in the short time I was away from the game...

Can you remember doing the Into the Fire quest with your previous adventuring sim? If so, I believe the keystone won't be generated again, so the quest should theoretically not come up again. However, I've found within my game that several "one time only" quests have come up multiple times for different sims in the same family, so obviously the Adventure Board is a bit buggy.

As for the marriage and kids issues, WA breaks family ties when you travel. I have a hilarious screenshot of one of my Family-oriented sims who developed a Want to Get Married while away on holiday, despite having a wife already, who stayed at home to look after their toddler kids. I've no idea what would have happened if he had got married on holiday and then gone home - probably severe save game borkage, I guess. Also, there is a well-known WA bug whereby weird family ties are added when a sim returns from holiday - many people's sims have suddenly developed children without even meeting or Woohooing with the other parent. Awesomemod prevents this from happening in the first place, and Twallan's Master Computer can be used to fix it if it does happen.

I can't answer your question about reinstalling WA without also reinstalling the other EPs. I'd suggest you should post a new thread, since the mods may not notice new questions here as this thread is so old. What may be possible is that rather than reinstalling the whole of WA, you simply replace your Vacation Destinations with fresh versions, but you'd need to ask whether that's possible and how to do it.

Good luck!

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Page 3 of 3