Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 3:43 AM
Default Taking pictures in build mode?
This may be obvious to others, but I don't play Sims 3 a lot and I am entering a makeover contest on another board and need to take close up pictures of my kitchen. When I click on TAB nothing happens. I know Tab works in live mode with sims in the house, is there some way to access Tab in build mode in an empty house?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 4:40 AM
As far as I know, you need a sim to enter cameraman mode. You can send him/her to some other lot though and still take pictures without them getting in the way.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:26 AM
Okay, thanks. So how do I cheat a sim enough money to buy the place? It's way more then what any sim in the simbin has. I tried family funds which didn't work, although I have trouble getting that to work in Sims 2 as well. Is "FamilyFunds Smith 200000" correct?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:52 AM
You need to have the sim/family placed on a lot for familyfunds cheat to work i belive.
Another money cheat is motherlode (gives 50 000) but that require you to have the sim/family as active.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:07 AM
Thanks. I'll just motherlode some premade family and move them into this one then.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:52 AM
you can also try "freerealestate" with "testingcheatsenabled true"

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Site Helper
#7 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:46 PM
Another thing you can do if you just want to get rid of gridlines is to go into Terrain Paint. (Although you can also use the button to turn off interior gridlines, so this is more helpful for shots that show the exterior, or which have a nice view out the window.)

Edit: I don't recall needing testing cheats for FreeRealEstate

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 10:15 PM
I want to get rid of the whole interface and be able to get a decent angle and close up on my shots, so I need to be able to use Tab. Annoying that Sims 3 doesn't allow that.

Never heard of the freerealestate cheat, but unless that works on a family still in the sim bin it makes no difference. I'll still have to load up and move in a family.

Thanks guys, I'll try it out today.

~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:49 PM
You can also play a family on another lot, then move the camera over to your lot to take pics.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.