Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 10:41 AM
Default Where am I going wrong in this mesh?
I wasn't sure if this should be posted to CAS Parts or meshing, since it is a meshing question I posted it here. *shrugs*

Anyways, I'm having issues getting my pants to look right when the sim gets fit.

Here he is fat:

And then when he gets fit and fat he has problems:

I thought it was an issue with the fit mesh, but this is how he looks fit:

I know these all around need more work, but the change in the fit + fat was so drastic I wondered what I was doing wrong. Is there something else I need to do in order to get the sim to work right with the sliders?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 5:35 PM
Somewhere on one of your morph states the waist line is off. What top mesh are you using as a waist line for the pants? Use the naked top mesh to use as a guide line for your waistline, that should fix things.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 5:52 PM
I've been using the naked top mesh as a guide...:\
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 10:27 PM
You did make new slider files?(Bgeo's) or are you using TSRW?
If you did make new slider files then i am almost sure the problem is caused by the meshes not being closed properly.

I am not so good in explaining this but the top edge of the pants has to attached to the top, it can not float....

I had similar problems with adding a extra layer(alphaskirt) arround a nude bottom.
Altho the skirts fitted the bottoms perfectly on the basemesh and all morphs the bottom kept keeping throug the skirt.
Its like the slider cant calculate it....
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 11:11 PM
I used TSRW.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:54 PM
But is the paints seamless with the tops on the base mesh and all morphs?
The top row of verts must be connected to the nude top and looking at the screeny's you scaled the top row a bit wider?

It also looks like the pants is overlapping the nude top, there isn't a row of faces underneath the pants is there?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:58 PM
Not sure, I just did some more editing so I'll see if that works.

Bah, I totally just messed them up. I have to start over because they're totally messed up now. I fail. xD