Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Do we use package files at all anymore?
If I hadn't been trying for days to get this to show custom content, I would probably know the answer by now. ACK! So, silly me, wait until my hair is all pulled out, and then ask. LOL!

This thread below says the mods\packages folder is now obsolete. It is the Announcement thread which announces that we are to put things in the mods folder and not in the packages folder anymore.

http://www.modthesims.info/announce...ouncementid=144

Also, the following thread says we are to make a package folder inside the mods folder, which is what we used to do.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Post Patch 1.12/2.7/3.3

Although both threads are well-written and helpful, I find myself confused. Do we use a package file or not?

Maybe I've lost so much sleep over this I'm not seeing the obvious. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Laurie
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:12 PM
The actual .package files stay the same - we still use .package files.

It's just where you put them that's changed - before they went in Program Files, now they go in Documents (because EA's made it so the game is cool with custom .package files now).

Hope that clears it up.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:22 PM
Default Do we still use the package folder inside the mods folder?
Thank you for that quick reply.

I made a mistake in my post title, I meant do we still use the package folder inside the mods folder? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks so much.

Laurie
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:47 PM
Yes, you still put the .package files in the new Package folder found inside Mods.