Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 8:22 AM
What is your ALL-Time Favourite game?
Hi to all,

I started out in the gaming world with the lovely game called 'Starsiege' I've played that game since 2000, I STILL love that game.

My all time console game has got to be Halo2, it is the Best I have played so far.
I haven't gotten around to getting my xbox consoles online YET. someday maybe I will.
Who knows? One thing at a time.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 9:09 AM
My first game i ever played was "Gran Turismo", so far i played all of them and i think that is my favorite game. To bad there is no comp version

VISIT MY NEW SITE hudy777DeSign
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Oct 2009 at 8:02 PM
Favorite game, favorite game... Where should I start? I've played games from every genre: RTS, FPS, TBS, RPG etc. While I enjoyed every single one of them, only one managed to get the title of favorite: Gothic...
This game is just pure awesomeness! It was actually the first game I ever managed to finish without cheating or getting bored. And when I got my dirty little hands on Gothic 2 + Night of The Raven... Farewell, sleep!

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 10:33 PM
umm so many choices i guess i'm going to have to with

PC: Fable, Warcraft 3 +Expansion , Starcraft + Expansion
Arcade : Wangan Midnight
Console: Legend of Zelda series
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 8:44 PM
hmmm... It's a tie between The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind and The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 11:55 PM Last edited by Synthesis : 1st Dec 2009 at 12:59 AM.
Ooh. Tough one. Might be Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black. As far as recent games go.

All time favorite, I'd have to say Alpha Centauri or The Sims 2 (yeah, I still play it, way longer than I played the first Sims game). Warcraft III as well, probably my favorite RTS of all time, along with Close Combat III and Company of Heroes.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 12:03 AM
I'd say the one that started it all for me:

Super Mario Brothers 3
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 12:12 AM
Picking an all-time fav is difficult. The games critic gig means I have to play so many games that narrowing them down to just one is impossible.

A handful (10) of my favourites is a little easier though I would consider a number of titles not in this list equally valid choices.
  • Civilization IV
  • Ultima VII: The Black Gate
  • Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds
  • Planescape: Torment
  • Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (this is probably what would rank as all time fav)
  • Fallout
  • Deus Ex
  • System Shock 2
  • Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows (the beautiful wrapping up of the Thief story and the inclusion of the scariest level in a computer game ever is what makes this my fav even though the first two games had arguably better mechanics)

Quote: Originally posted by hudy777
My first game i ever played was "Gran Turismo", so far i played all of them and i think that is my favorite game. To bad there is no comp version

There are significantly better race simulations on the PC than on the consoles. Go look for anything by Simbin as a good place to start.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 10:28 PM
Umm....it really depends if I'm going to be playing by myself or with friends. If I'm playing alone it would be a tie between Bioshock, Fallout 3, or Resident Evil 5. If I'm playing with friends I'd have to say Left 4 Dead 2.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 3:48 PM
Hm, i find it hard to pick only one seeing as they all are so different and from different times, also mixed expectations/view of good game mechanincs and so on.
I dont think i would be too happy if i tried replaying some of the games i got good memories with

Anyways i really loved Bioshock. I have played through it multiple times by now and i really just like the place and the theme in general. Also the different plasmids, story, upgrades and whatnot.

If i where to pick a second one i would say Fallout 3. I havent had the chance to play the previous ones (had not even heard of it when 3rd was released!). I just love these sort of games with a theme of 1930's - 1960's worlds.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Scholar
#11 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 4:29 PM
Well, my absolute favourite PS3 game is Enchanted Arms. I'm not very good at battling/shooting/not screaming when random things pop out of nowhere so I really enjoy the strategy combat mode in this game.
Alchemist
#12 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 7:09 PM
If I had to pick one, it would be Resident Evil 2. That's actually the only game I've ever played that literally had me jumping out of my seat and dropping my controller
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 9:04 PM
Well, I haven't played a lot of video games apart from Sims but here are some that I've played and enjoyed a lot: Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Final Fantasy 10.

Legends of Dragon Valley - A Sims 3 Random Legacy
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 9:29 PM
probably The Sims, because i've played ALL sim series, with ALL expansions.

Back to MTS community.
Theorist
#15 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 3:23 AM
If limited to PC games then my favorite is Mass Effect. I like it so much that I am even more comfortable with the whole of Mass Effect than I am with Star Wars. I played it three times through, even tolerating the ridiculous insanity difficulty with a sentinal class. All of this just to sift through the story again, try the DLC, and last mission.

If you are asking for my favorite game on any system I don't think I could make up my mind.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 5:53 PM
The sims 2 is my all-time favourite game and Soul Caliber for PS2 and PS3.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 2:02 AM
Im nearly 20 and the most favourite handheld console game of mine is Pokemon lol. Played it from the start and I cant wait for the new one coming out next year. I also enjoyed broken sword for the ps2 recently got a copy of it for the ds, which was good but it was better on the playstation.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Alchemist
#18 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 12:48 PM
currently, all things sims, and .Hack//GU for the PS2. i played the first series through as well [ and loved it, as well, ], and couldnt stop until i reached the end. im still utterly amazed at how real they made the characters seem, yet so diverse. im not talking appearances, though. i liked how they balanced graphics with visual effects/animated cut scenes, though. :D

/gush

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#19 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
currently, all things sims, and .Hack//GU for the PS2. i played the first series through as well [ and loved it, as well, ], and couldnt stop until i reached the end. im still utterly amazed at how real they made the characters seem, yet so diverse. im not talking appearances, though. i liked how they balanced graphics with visual effects/animated cut scenes, though. :D

/gush

YES!
I freaking love .hack//. )))))

My favorite game of all time would have to be Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. That was a freakin' masterpiece.

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 2:54 PM
The only game I haven't ever stopped playing is Sims, it will probably be my favourite game forever. It's the only game I really play now.

Sims aside, my favourite all-time game would have to be Crash Bandicoot 3 on PS1 - I loved that game. You also can't beat a bit of Guitar Hero now and again.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:14 PM
All time favorite games: Warcraft 3, with expansion. Mass Effect. Final Fantasy X
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 3:55 AM
i really liked super mario 64. my older cousin had a nintendo 64, and i used to play whenever we visited. i like it most because it was taken from me so soon; he sold his system, and I still have a want to play and beat that game today. i loved the 3d, the sound fx, the castle, the water, the paintings. i still sometimes dream about the haunted house world.

also, i love spyro 1 on ps1, sonic on sega genesis, and soul calibur on dreamcast.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 9:09 PM
Silent Hill series, and mostly, Final Fantasy series. But I'm more interested in Sims series. =) They're so much fun!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 3:38 AM
Hmm. It's always hard for me to pick just one favourite of anything. No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 are games I never tire of--I love the storylines, the humour, and it seems like every time I play it I notice some detail I never noticed before. It's just a great series. :lovestruc
I also like Operation Flashpoint. It's a game we don't really go out of a "phase" of for long. I play it with my mum & brother. Very fun. I often find myself saying "roger" instead of "yes" in real life.
I also like playing Need for Speed: High Stakes with my mum & brother. Fairly old, yes, but still entertaining--when we can get it to work properly. Heh.
Obviously TS2 is on my favourites list as well.

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 6:14 AM
It would have to be a tie between the Sims series and the Golden Sun series.

Page 1 of 5