Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
#51 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasumi
I fail to see how opening the rabbit holes will impact the game any differently than do the community lots we have now (namely the markets in WA).

I'm not talking about a shop with two or three shoppers. I'm talking about a school with every kid in the neighborhood in it, doing different school-type things at different times, or an office building that has folks working at every desk and moving around the building to the water cooler or the conference room during the day, etc. etc. It's not just a lot of sims in a small place, it's also all the AI that goes with that to provide some kind of believable facsimile of a school or workplace.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I'm not talking about a shop with two or three shoppers. I'm talking about a school with every kid in the neighborhood in it, doing different school-type things at different times, or an office building that has folks working at every desk and moving around the building to the water cooler or the conference room during the day, etc. etc. It's not just a lot of sims in a small place, it's also all the AI that goes with that to provide some kind of believable facsimile of a school or workplace.

Good point, but let's apply some statistics.

A very large, well-developed neighborhood can contain around 90-120 sims. Usually, around 65% of these sims are Young Adults, Adults, or Elders. We now have around 59-70 sims eligible to work in the office. Naturally, no one will assign all eligible sims to the same career, so I doubt we will ever see 60 or more sims hobbling around the same lot. EA will most likely assign a limit to the number of sims allowed to work in each career lot when they do release future EPs....
Instructor
#53 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 1:25 AM
EA will most likely assign a limit to the number of sims allowed to work in each career lot when they do release future EPs....

And Which will be aptly hacked/modded in the same amount of time that it took EA to think-up such non-sense.

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Scholar
#54 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Digitalchaos
And Which will be aptly hacked/modded in the same amount of time that it took EA to think-up such non-sense.

And placing limitations per lot is nonsense because......? It beats a fried motherboard and CTDs, if you ask me....
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#55 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 3:07 AM
There's one reason why that won't happen: Because it would actually make sense and be a good thing. Therefore, it won't happen. I have sort of already done something similar.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Banned
#56 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 6:16 AM
Good point, but let's apply some statistics.

A very large, well-developed neighborhood can contain around 90-120 sims. Usually, around 65% of these sims are Young Adults, Adults, or Elders. We now have around 59-70 sims eligible to work in the office. Naturally, no one will assign all eligible sims to the same career, so I doubt we will ever see 60 or more sims hobbling around the same lot. EA will most likely assign a limit to the number of sims allowed to work in each career lot when they do release future EPs....

There are lots of sims in each neighborhood.

Here is the thing. As I look at my neighborhood? Ghost town. But if I spend more than 10 minutes in a single area?

THIRTEEN sims show up and do whatever they can do on the lot. In this case, talk. The game isn't alive in the way you think it is. It isn't necessarily constantly handling every sim on the smallest level, I believe. That's why those 90-120 sims don't cause a big issue.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#57 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 6:41 AM
Well, if you don't let the game render, the game is not rendering the sims, and so you can't see them. However, there is an additional creepy factor at work: In the default game, the TOWN IS FULL OF CREEPY STALKERS and if you TRY TO GET AWAY FROM THEM, they FOLLOW YOU.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
#58 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 4:24 AM
Has anyone heard/read about someone creating new rabbit hole markers?
Test Subject
#59 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 10:19 PM
Sorry for the gravedig, but would it be possible to change the function of existing rabbit hole lots? Since people refuse to create an actual small rabbit hole object that can be built around *cough cough Pescado cough* We're stuck with building shells around the existing rabbit holes. But this is harder for buildings like the Hospital or Offices, so would it be possible to change say, the diner into a Hospital building?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#60 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 1:16 AM
Someone was looking into "Sawed Off" rabbitholes which should satisfy both the requirements for building shells around and not-looking-like-crap.

Instructor
#61 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 2:10 AM
your idea looks nice, i signed. though what i really wanted was something like from Sims 1 HotDate were you can sit and order and so on and so on. (like they did in the WA markets.)
Page 3 of 3