Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 9:50 PM
Default what type of lot for what?
OK, I am building my first lots or rabbit holes, but I'm not sure what to choose when in doubt.

Let me explain.

you choose a hospital for example. Ok, you place a lot, tell, that it is a community lot, and from the box, that goes down, select HOSPITAL.
easy.

But I have problems.
What about schools? There is no box, to choose for a school or some others I also noticed..

what do you do then? I don't know.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 9:56 PM
I'm hoping the computer will know what to do by the type of building set on the lot. I want to combine the City Hall, police and military, but there isn't a choice for it either. When I set type to Community/visitors allowed it says there is a special building on the lot and it would have to be deleted to accept the changes, so maybe the building is the trigger.

You have faith in God, Whose power will protect you until the last day. Then He will save you, just as He has always planned to do.
1 Peter 1:5

Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 2:00 AM
@ToniDale

The building that combines those three careers is in Bridgeport and the lot type is No Visitors Allowed.

@Medopu
I had this question also. I used to go to the pre-made worlds and check there. For schools, you put No Visitors Allowed as well as for any career building since it's a place where sims can't hang out. If you are unsure of certain buildings just make a lot and select the type Community in CAW. Then go to Edit In Game and place the building in the lot, It "should" automatically recognize the lot type. Or go to pre-made worlds like I do and look for those buildings, if they don't have a lot type, it usually means the type is Community.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 6:49 AM
For base game rabbitholes you can simply use basic community lot for everything (without changing the sub-type). Even cityhall, teathre and all others that have also their own lot sub type for selection.

You can also place many rabbitholes on a same lot, same way as above.

I don't know why EA made sub types for some rabbitholes, and none for some. I guess they just got lazy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 10:43 AM
so basically, you select "no visitors allowed" for carrer lots, for public places you try to select the right one if it is there, if there isn't, you can just use Community, and there won't be any problems. Right?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 6:08 PM
I think some lots are only specified because of the Ambitions careers.

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 5:46 AM
@Mikikitty, Any Ambitions lots will be marked with ep2 at the start, the subtypes have been their since the first release of CAW.