Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
Debug enabler now in OP. I have not tested it further than checking if the game loads OK and that the debug commands are there, you have been warned.

When will you release it? I need a few commands that are in there.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JacunPL
When will you release it? I need a few commands that are in there.

It has been released - it's been added to the first post in this thread, so check there.
Test Subject
#53 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:55 AM
Oh, silly me - thanks!
Inventor
#54 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:57 AM
Is debugEnabler core ?
Field Researcher
#55 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:58 AM
JacunPL - I just replied to your clothing filter question here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...824#post3479824
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#56 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
Is debugEnabler core ?
Yes: it overrides GameplaySystems.dll. It does not however, require the d3dx9_31.dll hack I made for TS3.
Test Subject
#57 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 12:55 PM
I have tested some sliders and they work fine
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#58 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 1:19 PM
Sliders have nothing to do with the debug enabler; that's a function of turning TestingCheatsEnabled to 1.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 1:48 PM
Wow, if fully functioning custom quests, custom patterns and enabling the "Free Time" quest throughout the full game is really possible, then I'm so teased to buy the game! I had no real interest in buying, until I heard some of the Mods which can be available for it!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Field Researcher
#60 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 2:03 PM
I've enabled the testingcheats in my game and it definitely allows you to choose the Free Time quest (via a cheat code). I've found the FT quest so freeing in terms of gameplay that I've restarted my kingdom (had only done 4 quests in the old one) - and now I can send a character on a quest, then choose FT for a while before having to embark on another quest, creating a nice quest/free time/quest/free time pattern.

It breaks up the game and allows me to quest at my pace, rather than the game's original design of questing nonstop in order to play at all.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:49 PM
This mod http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=5175.0 removes the pregnant walkstyle on Medieval Sims, pregnant sims walk with the normal female walkstyle.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#62 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:31 PM
Thanks James (from page 2), I'm hoping that a few little changes and more customization of characters (heroes and NPCs) will make the game more fun. I am a bit disappointed to learn of the more limited community involvement since the Sims 3, with EA wanting more control over extra content though - custom user content added tremendously to the longevity of the first two Sims, not to mention games like the Unreal Tournament or Fallout series. Hopefully we'll still be able to address the major sticking points on our own and at least make the game more appealing to any potential buyer that is on the fence (like me, lol).

Definitely keeping an eye on this thread and thanks to everyone who has already made modding progress at this early stage.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 9:52 PM
I'm sure custom skintones will be possible. I already edited the males in my game so the texture wasn't so... bland. I don't know about adding extras to the UI, but since someone did it for TS3 I'd be willing to bet they will do so for TSM.

The body textures are the same size/layout as the TS3 ones, so with a bit of effort I'm sure creators could pop their skins in to TSM. They'd be defaults at the moment, but like I said, someone along the way will probably make extras possible.
Instructor
#64 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:14 PM
I don't know, I love the skintones in Medieval, I'm hoping someone can export them to The Sims 3... that and all that sexy facial hair!

Oh, and fyi, I placed these patterns in Medieval and they showed up in their proper category (fabrics) without me doing anything to them.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Field Researcher
#65 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:41 PM
I like the faces. But the bodies contain no detail, and - perhaps this is just my game - the colors don't even match the heads. I think the heads and eyes are fantastic as they are, and yeah, the facial hair is much better than the choices in TS3! I'm hoping for an export of the mutton chops, myself
Forum Resident
#66 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ridoo
NoMosaic?

here!

Bless you!

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Instructor
#67 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:51 AM
Other people are requesting in this thread. Why can't I?
Forum Resident
#68 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:47 AM
Default Zoom-In CaS Camera *Updated* Works!
I just put Shimrods Zoom-In CAS Camera in my game and it works!!

Forum Resident
#69 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:06 AM
(note that TSM doesn't support TS3's Resource.cfg in Documents, it's back to the game directory for now)

No intro

I made No Intro on request, so I'm reposting it here. Rather than be dedicated to this simple mod, why not a thread for modding discussion/release/etc?

Debug enabler (for version 1.1.10.00001)

You will need to enable TestingCheatsEnabled as described in this post in order to enable the debug commands.

What are the debug commands? How do you use them?

Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:18 AM
Default K
Quote: Originally posted by sidfu
the path for it should be like this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval

so basicaly u just drop it in there exactly the same way u had to do the sim 3 orginaly before ea added the mods file in the my documents

Thanks I put the file in there and it doesn't do anything in my game. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I put the file in the mods section in my medieval main folder.

Did it work for anyone yet? Thanks for your help!
Test Subject
#71 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:23 AM
I'm kind of confused on where to put the resources.cfg file? Does it go in the mods foler that we create along with the debugenabler?
Test Subject
#72 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:28 AM
Default Hmm
Quote: Originally posted by bitch2233
I'm kind of confused on where to put the resources.cfg file? Does it go in the mods foler that we create along with the debugenabler?

It was mentioned it goes in our Medieval folder, but when I extract there it says "path is invalid".

I can't add the resources file to our packages folder like we did in the old games either.

Not sure why it is not working.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#73 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 6:55 AM
If you're on Windows Vista or 7, and installed to Program Files, it's likely UAC getting in the way. Extract the files to some temporary location, then use Explorer to copy them.
Test Subject
#74 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:07 AM
Sliders have nothing to do with the debug enabler; that's a function of turning TestingCheatsEnabled to 1.

Do you know how to work the buildbuyenabledforlot cheat?

I tried it on the throne room, but i can't figure out how to actually build. Or is that not even possible? And i did install the debugenabler, and some of the other cheats, like placeallbuildings worked.
Test Subject
#75 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:08 AM
If you're on Windows Vista or 7, and installed to Program Files, it's likely UAC getting in the way. Extract the files to some temporary location, then use Explorer to copy them.

Thank you to you and pharseer, it worked.
Page 3 of 24