Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#26 Old 26th May 2011 at 12:30 PM
Like I said above, I'll ask Twallan to update his mod.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th May 2011 at 6:36 PM
That may not be necessary. I have just now successfully gotten my beta pubic hair tattoo to place exactly right using the lower belly location. I used a 1024 image and just the lower half of said image.

I'm a little disappointed in that I thought that live mode would render it in a lot more detail, but it was only a slight improvement. Still though, it's pretty cool.

It's just the hair, for now. Other bits may come later once I get better at tattooing. I wish EA had just used the same procedure for clothing, that would have made things a lot easier.

I'd post a pic but it would not be appropriate here. If you would like I can meet you ladies somewhere on the adult site?

(wow that just sounded really bad)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#28 Old 26th May 2011 at 6:53 PM
Go ahead and start a thread on the adult site - I'll check it out.
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th May 2011 at 7:36 PM
Done. Creator Issues.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#30 Old 26th May 2011 at 11:43 PM
For some reason it won't let me see the thread - says I'm not authorized. I can see other threads. It also says Creator Issues has no threads in it, even though yours is right there in the new posts.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th May 2011 at 9:00 AM
Someone beats me to it. Care to put a link here?

Nvm, found it.

http://nene.sexysims2.com/showthrea...43&goto=newpost

"I have created multiple files. So you will find these in both clothing categories (undies and swimwear) AND accessories. This way you can mix and match with see-through-undies, stockings, or whatever naughtiness ye have hidden away in yer downloads. These are for Teen through elder. " Does this mean it is not tattoo?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#32 Old 27th May 2011 at 12:58 PM
@tomomi1922: The download thread you saw is not tattoos but Jrs1317 pm-ed me some pics. (His thread in Creator Issues is waiting for approval.) The tats version looks surprisingly good! I'm still going to look at making a new location which may work better for scaling.
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th May 2011 at 4:57 PM
Tomomi, I forwarded the PM to you.
Sockpuppet
#34 Old 27th May 2011 at 6:26 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 27th May 2011 at 6:38 PM.
if you want high detailed pubic hair you should try it as accesoire.
One of the EP's has a alpha accesoire you can use for it
Since it is also slider enabled it would move along.
Once had some awsome templates but lost them.....
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#35 Old 29th May 2011 at 12:37 PM
Accessories are good for the purpose but tattoos can be resized, recolored, have adjustable opacity, and are shower-proof. The question with tattoos is the quality of the image. My feeling at this point is that a very small image - maybe 128x128 or 64x64 - will look better than one that has to be scaled down a lot. But we'll see.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#36 Old 30th May 2011 at 4:45 PM
Sorry for the double post - Tomomi, the new pubic and nipple tattoo locations are definitely on. I can send you a package to move some existing locations to the new ones if you want to work with them. I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:19 AM
I am once again sorry about the full mailbox.

I know we have been busy trying to get the new EP to work. But I wonder if the new body hair layer will do anything to improve our cause? I know it is for male only so far. But it seems to include much better locations for body hair, and the application for hair itself. Although the EA default hair looks kinda bad, but I definitely see the potential in it. The problem is, and this is something I can't find out by myself, how hard is this to get this over to female? If it is anything like facial hair, it would be easy. Twallan's CAS actually allows female to wear any facial hair by male. So basically it is just turning on a switch.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#38 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:50 AM
Hi, Tomomi. I've been looking at the body hair since the expansion came out. You're right, it's easy to enable for females but it'll take a core mod or the equivalent Master Controller-type code injection. I'm definitely going to do an update of XCAS to enable body hair for teens and females, and I'm sure Twallan will do the same for MC when he gets around to it. I'm also working on a little tool to package custom hair for the game. It's not even necessary to make a new hair location for pubic, although that probably could be done, because the stomach hair is a good place for it and the actual hair is mapped onto the whole body, not onto specific locations like the tattoos.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:37 PM
I just had a real close look on body hair 5 minutes ago. It appears that the session is enabled for female, but only the actual hair we have in game are marked "male only" it seems. The hair looks really really ugly.

To tell you the truth, I didn't bother looking at the XML codes. I am having way too much work in coding with HTML and CSS lately that I don't want to dapple with anymore code, sorry. But it's not that I am not willing to dig in XML file, it is harder for me to read through tutorials and know exactly which XML to read. I am going through a lot of instruction files and tutorials for my work lately, I can't stand reading another instruction list.

Jrs1317 forwarded the PM to me, but they are all screenshots. Was there ever an actual tattoo .package file for us to try on?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#40 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:50 PM
What do you mean by the 'session' being enabled for female? In my game there's no body hair tab in CAS for females or teens.

I agree the game hair is ugly - hopefully someone will make some better ones. I may make an attempt but I'm not very good at texturing.

I don't think Jrs1317 sent me any package files.
Instructor
#41 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 5:09 PM
Well there is also no facial hair tab for females and yet someone already made it available for females.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#42 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 1:19 AM
I know AwesomeMod and maybe Master Controller enable beards for women in CAS. Presumably they'll be updated at some point to include body hair. Like I said, requires some form of core code modification.
Page 2 of 2