Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
#26 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 5:13 AM Last edited by Simonut : 12th Sep 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Simonut, I like drama as well I just wish the settings I set on ACR would work as well as I'd like them so the sims who I want to be loyal don't cheat! But hey....everyone makes mistakes sometimes right?

@ >>Gcgb5319 From what I have read Modder twojeff said his ACR work with Pescado Romance Mod, but like member Darby said and his comments he have both in his game and he going to take the romance mod out for a bit just to test his Sims to see if they will go ahead and do their thing.

I have the romance mod but not in my game, because I want to control my Sims myself, as to if they will cheat or not at all . Sometime the Sims husband is out doing his things behind his Sims wife back. So sometime I might want his wife to have fun in the hay with the Male maid while he is at work on her day off, lmao hahaha. I mean two can play that game.

But like I said before I do have very faithful couple. With my romance Sims and popularity, and pleasure Sims the field is wide open, but if my Popularity Sims and Pleasure Sims is in a good relationship then I keep them faithful. Romance Sims his door is always open for those unhappy housewife, It is so funny how in my game the female Sims seem to love to walk by the romance Sims lot all the time, even the faithful ones but I let the faithful keep walking. ( no playing around. )

I have plenty of cut throat drama in my neighborhoods, and when the Sims go downtown that Crazy Mad Mrs. Crumplebottom is there with her punching bag. I have always believe she is an old hag with an "Alcoholic and Gambling" problem if you notice she is always found at the juice bar or card table; infact that is the only time your Sims can get away with stuff if the old hag is busy drinking or at the card table. . Mrs. Crumplebottom only like Sims who are married, ( Maxis Official Game Guide NightLife book have said that, but if she catch them Cheating Watch Out that Sims is in big trouble, it is said she is also very hard on divorce Sims. I love the drama.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 7:37 PM
I've got a question for everybody: what do you do if your divorcing sims have children? Do they live with one parent and never see the other again? Do they have sleepovers with the other parent? Or do you swap them around by moving them from parent to parent...? How do you work out all that?
Field Researcher
#28 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ella_in_wonderland
I've got a question for everybody: what do you do if your divorcing sims have children? Do they live with one parent and never see the other again? Do they have sleepovers with the other parent? Or do you swap them around by moving them from parent to parent...? How do you work out all that?

Well, currently I only have two divorced couples, so it's not a hard and fast rule, but I so far haven't tried to whole moving between parents thing.

Aadyn and Makayla Tomlin had three children when they divorced, three-year-old Lennox and two-year-old twins Savannah and Sienna. None of the children saw or spoke to Makayla after she left, Makayla died about 10 days ago, and the kids are now all at Sim State.

Joseph and Johannah Rooke also had three children when they divorced. As far as I remember, they were all in the child stage at the time. Now the two younger children are teens and then oldest is at Sim State. Only middle child Maria still has a relationship with her mother, which is odd, as I'd always seen her as most like her father.

It's interesting that, in both cases, the mother moved out, and the father kept the children, when it's usually the opposite in RL.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Meet Me In My Next Life
#29 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 8:06 PM Last edited by Simonut : 10th Sep 2012 at 3:03 AM.

@>>ella_in_wonderland > When the married relationship have decayed so badly to the serious point where the game interactions become available for a breakup / divorce the Sims is send right away to the family bin. If he or her should have children they "Do Not" have the option to bring anyone with them to the bin. Since the Cheater will leave to the family bin with $20,000. The best thing to do is to put him or her in their own Sims lot, Just because that Sims is no longer living in the family anymore the relationship with the divorce mate and children will still be there be it good or bad.

So the best thing to do is let the children visit or call the parent that is divorce who left the household. Also that parent who left can always call and invite the children over for a visit. After all the children should not suffer because their parents are no longer together. After a while you can also build the parents relationship back to where they can be just friends, that way the parent that have left the household can always come over to visit his or her kids. Who knows the relationship can be build back up and the parents can re-marry again. or just remain friends. So just as in real life each person had the right to see their kids after a divorce, the Sims game give the Sims that same option to do so,the parents are divorce not the children.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
#30 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 8:45 PM
I've only had about four or five divorces in my game. All with my CAS sims. It really depends how I'm feeling, if I want them to get a divorce, or if I need drama. One time Mary got caught WooHooing/cheating by her four daughters and husband. She cheated on her husband with SO many guys, she really didn't deserve her husband. So they divorced and her husband kept the kids. Whenever Mary calls, they just hang up.

It depends on the situation. Like the story of Mary with her four daughters above, her husband kept the kids and they never saw their mom again because they used to love her, and she betrayed their father and they're enemies now.
One time I had a couple that just fought and fought. They never really loved eachother, they just married for money so they ended up getting a divorce. They had twin boys, and I wanted to keep them together. I decided for the mother to keep them because she can provide them everything they need moneywise and love. They still see their dad who they love.
Another time both parents in the family cheated. They had one kid. The kid had a better relationship with the dad, so she stayed with him and still sees her mom.
Alchemist
#31 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 10:15 PM
It depends on the circumstances. A Sim who's married to someone who won't change, like a romance Sim is likely to get divorced. Sims from traditional or upper class families are likely to stay together to keep up appearances. A Sim who feels like they can do better elsewhere (they keep rolling wants for someone besides the spouse) will usually leave unless they have a compelling reason to stay, like finances or small kids. Sims who hate each other enough to attack each other and who have kids get divorces, because I'm soft hearted toward fake kids and I hate seeing them constantly run off crying.

It depends on the story. Normally they do joint custody. The kid comes over on Wednesdays after school and stays until the other parent takes him or her home, then they sleep over on weekends. If the parents work weekends, the kids come over after school on the days off.

Sometimes, civility doesn't fit their personalities so they'll bitterly fight over the kids and use them as weapons.
Scholar
#32 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 2:53 AM
I've divorced two couples in the eight years I've had Sims 2. One was for narrative reasons - the couple were very much in love and the only reason "Break Up" was even available was due to a mod, but one partner wanted to join a monastery and the other didn't. The partner moving in wanted the Pleasure-aspiration spouse to be happy, so they broke up. The monastery-bound Sim moved out, but they made up as soon as possible thereafter and remained good friends. While the Pleasure-aspiration Sim had several close relationships, there was to be no second marriage, nor did any Sim move in to "substitute" the one who left. The child in the relationship stayed with the Pleasure-aspiration parent until he became a teen, then started having a lot of wants related to various Sims in the monastery. So he moved too. Both before and after the move, he maintained his relationship with both parents using the phone and occasional visits.

The other divorce happened to a childless couple where, quite frankly, neither partner was much good at fidelity. Eventually one partner appeared to settle on a particular love, who was patently not the other Sim in the marriage. So the original marriage was broken up and a fresh marriage followed soon thereafter. Usually Sims that fall out of love with each other make up without considering breaking the marriage or simply move out without filing divorce papers. Children usually, but not always, follow the parent who moves, and frequently maintain good relationships with both parents irrespective of whether the parents are eventually reconciled.
Instructor
#33 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 3:17 AM
I've divorced my couples a couple times, but when I divorced the Pleasants and Daniel left, I went to the Lothario house where I stuck Daniel, and he kept rolling wants to talk to Lilith oddly enough, and so I had her invited over, and they talked until their relationship was high up, and Daniel invited her to move in, and it worked out much better in the long run for them. Mary-Sue kept Angela, and Daniel kept Lilith that way each of them can get proper attention.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 7:36 AM
So far only two couples in my Uberhood have gotten divorced.

Ophelia Nigmos and Johnny Smith broke up after he had an affair. It didn't affect their kids too much as Creon and Nero were both in college so didn't see much of it. Johnny got kicked out and went to live with relatives, and Ophelia kept the Smith house, and lets it out to sims just graduating from college and looking for somewhere to stay.

Kiernan and Nylissit Tricou got a divorce after they were resurrected and hated each other! Literally they just kept slapping and attacking each other. It was a shame, but I guess that spark just wasn't there anymore. Death will do that to you, I suppose. They are both now remarried.

About the issue of children, so far I haven't had divorced parents with young kids. Gvaudoin lives with her mum and step-dad Oscar Terrano, but whenever I play Kiernan and his new wife Lilly they invite Gvaudoin over and they go on short weekends away together.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 8:36 AM
I've found that the only time a committed sims flirts with a third person or vice-versa is, if the committed sim has a 'red-heart' or 'pink-heart' remaining from a previous relationship or if they are romance sims. Therefore, if I want a sim to stay faithful I make sure they have no hearts remaining in their relationship panel and also change their aspiration to Family/Knowledge/Fortune/Popularity or grilled cheese.

Divorce is really rare in my game too. I've only broken up some of the pre-made couples in the later EPs who I feel have been dumped on me. I very very rarely break-up romances which I have set myself. They are generally supposed to continue from teen till they die of old age. I never give them the Romance aspiration. If I ever occasionally give a sim the Romance aspiration, I want them to be unfaithful.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Firelira78
I've found that the only time a committed sims flirts with a third person or vice-versa is, if the committed sim has a 'red-heart' or 'pink-heart' remaining from a previous relationship or if they are romance sims. Therefore, if I want a sim to stay faithful I make sure they have no hearts remaining in their relationship panel and also change their aspiration to Family/Knowledge/Fortune/Popularity or grilled cheese.

Divorce is really rare in my game too. I've only broken up some of the pre-made couples in the later EPs who I feel have been dumped on me. I very very rarely break-up romances which I have set myself. They are generally supposed to continue from teen till they die of old age. I never give them the Romance aspiration. If I ever occasionally give a sim the Romance aspiration, I want them to be unfaithful.

How does one get rid of that? Some of my sims have old flings but I dont want that to still be on there when they haven't talked in ages and have been married for a while. IS this something I can do on the Sim Blender?

I have a sim who's a romance aspiration but I think I'm going to toy with having them be in an open relationship somehow. I just feel so guilty when my sims grow old and alone xD
Mad Poster
#37 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 4:21 PM
The SimBlender can definitely be used to remove love and/or crush flags easily. Another helpful hack for this is Pescado's DropOldLoves. It automatically removes love/crush flags from all a sim's old relationships when he/she gets married. (May kick in at engagement - not sure.)
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
How does one get rid of that? Some of my sims have old flings but I dont want that to still be on there when they haven't talked in ages and have been married for a while. IS this something I can do on the Sim Blender?

I think the Sim Blender definitely does that. But there is a more satisfying way which I use. Invite(or summon) all the ex-lovers/crushes as well as the current lover. Give the current lover a big kiss in-front of all the ex-lovers!

You just have to make sure you keep your outside trash can in a locked fenced-in area after that.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
The SimBlender can definitely be used to remove love and/or crush flags easily. Another helpful hack for this is Pescado's DropOldLoves. It automatically removes love/crush flags from all a sim's old relationships when he/she gets married. (May kick in at engagement - not sure.)

I'm pretty sure I have that mod because I remember someone recommended it to me but it doesn't seem to work in my game. Maybe another mod is conflicting with it or something. At least I can use the sim blender!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 7:45 PM
I wrote a lovekt

Guess what cheese
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:14 PM
Well just as I expected sooner or later Derek was going to get caught!! His wife Ava threw a family reunion party and invited all her family over, even her half siblings. Technically Melina isn't even a half sibling, but shares a mother with the half siblings (Ava shares the father with them) so they're all close anyway. While Ava was checking on the turkey in the kitchen, Melina and Derek must have kissed or flirted or something else and then the slapping fest began! I paused the game and had my boyfriend choose 'odds or evens' and he chose odds and I rolled a 57 so they're splitting up!

Now their kids are older (both married) so no need to worry about that. I debated whether he should move out or Ava because Derek is the one who inherited the house, but he's the one who messed up and his daughter is already married with two kids living there so he'll just move out into an apartment. My only problem is that he is older so I don't want him dying on the apartment lot if he's the only one there so maybe he can move into his younger bother's house later..but thats where Melina lives so that'd be feeding fuel to the gossip fire!!
#42 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 9:55 PM
Daniel and Mary Sue got divorced. He cheated on her with Nina and Kaylynn, and he also kissed and flirted with other ladies. So he moved out leaving Mary Sue with the kids, the house, and oh yeah- pregnant! You can read more about it in the "What's happenng in yor game right now" thread.
I didn't even mean for him to get caught WooHoo'in it up because I thought Mary Sue was at work, but I forgot she got a promotion and worked different hours. So they broke up and theyre expecting a baby. And she'll probably use the elixir- she's 7 days away from being an elder, so I'll let her age up when the kid is in the middle of it's childhood. I hope she doesn't have twins... she'll have to stay away from the cheesecake!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarylenaSTAR
I wrote a lovekt

Oops! didnt mean to post that! LOL!

Guess what cheese
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 2:55 AM
I don't know if I'm in the right place or not but at this point I don't care I'm looking for a mod for the sims 2 if your teenager or your wife gets pregnant that the family of the teenager they get mad and the relationship goes down.And the marriage couple the husband some how knows the baby isn't his and there relationship goes down so far that you could break up.I can't find the mod for the life of me please someone help and yes I have a mod for teenagers to get pregnant so please if someone can help would be great I think it was over at more awesome than you,but can't find it and can't become a member for some reason.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Heather2414
I don't know if I'm in the right place or not but at this point I don't care I'm looking for a mod for the sims 2 if your teenager or your wife gets pregnant that the family of the teenager they get mad and the relationship goes down.And the marriage couple the husband some how knows the baby isn't his and there relationship goes down so far that you could break up.I can't find the mod for the life of me please someone help and yes I have a mod for teenagers to get pregnant so please if someone can help would be great I think it was over at more awesome than you,but can't find it and can't become a member for some reason.

I know what you're talking about.

It's a mod by Chris Hatch, on Backalley Sims.

However, BAS is closed 'tempary', so you'll have to wait until it opens up again.

Just to warn you, it conflicts with Inteen. Like everything else.

Oh, and wrong board/thread. You'll want the WCIF next time.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Page 2 of 2